Chapter 4

Always Be Mine(ONHOLD/MAJOR EDITING)

Wooyoung woke up with a bad hangover. He grunted in his sleep trying to suppress the throbbing pain in the head. He swore in his life that last night will be the first and last thing he ever touched alcohol. That thing was awfully bad. What was he thinking drinking more than a bottle of soju just because he felt angry at someone who he never met before?


"Oh, God. Am I dead?" Wooyoung breathed in, pinching his nose bridge. 


It took him awhile to mend the soberness after last night. He laid one arm on a soft material beside him and froze. Why this was soft and warm. He rubbed his arm against the silky surface. He didn't remember having silk bedsheet bed in his room. He can't even remember if he ever bought one. Weird.


"This is nice." He sighed with half-lidded eyes. Still, he didn't remember how he got home at his state.

 

Wooyoung rolled his body to the left side of the bed to reached out for his alarm clock. His hand pawed for the yellow chick desk clock that he bought three years ago. His hand waved in mid air. No clock. No night stand? 

 

He frowned then had one eye opened to get clearer look for the clock. That when he realized something. He was not in his room and this was not his bed. He jumped off but fell back lightheadedly. He groaned rubbing his temples on circular motion.

 

"You awake." a voice interupted his ministration.

 

Wooyoung saw a man standing by the door as leaning against the door frame with a glass of water in his hand. His brows twitched by the sight of the man in front of him. God! did he really do something so bad in the past life to deserve this punishment? Wooyoung groaned pulling the blanket up to hide his face. 

 

" You were totally out last night." Nichkhun affirmed.

 


Wooyoung pulled the cover off his head and stared darkly at the guy. The man put the glass and a foil tablet supposed to be a painkiller or whatelse on the table beside the bed. Wooyoung's eyes the items before 

 

 

Wooyoung's eyes went to the tablet before dragging it back to the man. The man tilted his head and eyed a little gesturing to the pill on bed for Wooyoung. 

 

"How nice of you." Wooyoung said in gilded tone. He took the pill and popped two at the time. 

 

"I know." Nichkhun replied trying not to sound so cocky. Wooyoung couldn't helped but rolled his eyes. "It runs in the family."

 

"Wow, didn't know a line-shooter donkey's actually runs in your family. Did it come with a guarantee to make people's life worse than cow ?" Wooyoung riposted staring at Nichkhun.

 

Nichkhun's lip quirked into a smile and nodded his head a little. He didn't expect nice kind of return from Wooyoung but somehow it fascinated him in the oddest way. He knew that young guy was mad at him but that shouldn't be substantial reason for his squelch. Was it because of the note? Well, honestly. He had seen and faced the same things almost everyday and he never let the guilt eating him inside. People come and go, asking for money and hoping he can get them out of the situation with it. But, one thing they forget to notice was that Nichkhun Horvejkul was most unlikely like his father. They might have the approvingly gorgeous genes in the family yet to a fault different in traits.

 

"I don't know. Did it work with you?" He replied couldn't wipe the grin off of his face.

 


"Shut up!" Wooyoung muttered. 

 

He rolled back in bed with his back facing Nichkhun. He felt tired, ached all over the body, the headache somewhat lessen by now and hardly to wrap up everything that happened yesterday in a day.

 


"When you feel fine. You can leave as soon as possible. I hate letting stranger in my house." Nichkhun stated.

 

Wooyoung turned back with discerning look at Nichkhun.

 


"Why you have to be so mean?" Wooyoung asked.

 


"Mean?" Nichkhun's brows rose higher. "I brought you into my house. Let you sleep on my bed. Gave you painkiller for relief. Now, you say I'm being mean? did I hear it correctly?"

 


"You lied to me with that stupid note!" He snapped.

 


Nichkhun paused blinking for a second as if trying to recollect yesterday incident which he remember them clearly. 

 


"So?"

 


"So?" he voice turned high-pitch octave. "I told you I need to see your father because he knew my father all along. I gave you those letters he sent to my father. If you actually read it, you would probably know. Now, I'm about to losing my house. So, thanks to you for being bottom !" 

 


"Hey now..." He was about to say before Wooyoung cut him off again.

 

"No! You listen! You better be nice and give me your's father's address and phone number or I swear on my father's dead body in six feet underground you will regret everything you did to me." 

 

"Aren't you just bit too overreacted? Calm down, man." Nichkhun's eyes grounded to Wooyoung.

 

"No. You will know when I 'overreact'. Now I'm being f___king serious business. Don't tell me to calm down!" His hands lift up in mid air quoting his word in a middle.

 

Wooyoung forgot his mere to ness in front of Nichkhun and seem not to care if Nichkhun was staring down at him. That didn't help him when the tall guy's lip curled upwardly at the view. Wooyoung frowned. What was wrong with this guy?

 

"What are you smiling for?" He bothered.

 


"Nothing." Nichkhun turned his face away but kept the smile to himself. 

 


"You know what? Screw you! I have no time for this." Wooyoung struggled to pull away the blanket off of his body but it kept tangling around and Wooyoung accidentally rolled to the edge and fell off the bed. His head appeared on the other side of the bed staring at Nichkhun. "Where the hell is my clothes?"

 

Nichkhun raised his brows and lips crooked to side as he looked down at Wooyoung. His arms wrapped across his chest as he kept standing there without moving a bit. 

 

"One thing you could possibly do to ask someone for help is to ask them nicely. It was bad to watch those pouty cute lips spurring foul words like cheap e." Nichkhun said. Wooyoung's lips were put in thin line as he stared hardly at the man.

 


"You give me back my clothes!"

 


"What's your mother taught about attitude? She won't be pleased if she sees how her child talking back to stranger." 

 


"You know nothing about my mom. She died long time ago." Wooyoung replied curtly. His mouth was trembling when he said the word mom after such a long time. He bit lip bottom lip, holding back a tug he felt in his heart and trying hard not to cry like a freaking baby born.

 

Nichkhun stood there silently. Did he just unintentionally make the boy upset? Oh God. He didn't know that. A hint of regret came in dash granting Nichkhun to keep his mouth careful on the next one. 

 


"I'm sorry." that was all.

 

Wooyoung watched the man's face drawn when he said it then realized he actually meant what he was saying. Wooyoung took a deep breath and let it out for moment before he replied,"No worth to mention them. She has gone for 11 years."

 

"I really didn't know." Nichkhun added.

 


"No. Stop it already. I'm fine."

 

Wooyoung lied. It was never fine from the beginning. When he opened his eyes at the hospital that day after awake from coma for several days he keep asking for his mother anywhere. His father had to lie to him saying she was in critical unit and they had to do major operation because of the tragical mishap. As soon he was released his father took him to the mortuary where they kept his mother's container. Wooyoung didn't cry. He wanted to cry so much but he can't. His feeling became numb as his brain summing up things he couldn't make up himself. His thought still believe that his mother was alive and was waiting for him at their home. Yet, he was standing there, lifeless, in front of his mother's ash.

 

"I'll go get your clothes." Nichkhun said finally disturbing Wooyoung's reverie. He quickly turned his heel to the door and left in once.


Wooyoung kept his eyes one the back of Nichkhun as he disappeared behind the opened door. He sighed then looked down and saw he actually didn't have anything on him except for a boxer which wasn't his either. Red hot blood crept to his face and he blushed up all of sudden. Oh God. How much did the guy see? Did Nichkhun help him change his boxer when he was passing out? 

 


Nichkhun returned in a moment with fresh clothes in plastic wrap. It was clean though the color of the clothes worn out after wearing them too many times for too long. 

 


"I had to send them to laundry since you vomitted on yourself in my car last night." Nichkhun put the clothes down on the bed and lagged back. That was embarrassing since he had no single memory of last night event after taken up shot after shot. He lost count.

 

Wooyoung reached out for the plastic wrapper and unwrapped them. He stood up and Nichkhun saw him scantily clad with blanket around Wooyoung's waist. This time he had no reason to smile around his back. His eyes was appraising at the teenage boy's body that meager to develope little muscle and his pale white skin. Those cute perky pink stubs ready to be su- Nichkhun's eyes went wide. ! What was he thinking? His felt tightened in his pants. Oh, great. What the hell with that?

 

Wooyoung's turned his head and saw Nichkhun was appraising him in a very subtle way. His body shivered uncomfortably. Why he looked at him like he wanted to eat him alive?

 

"Are you going to stand there until I finish dress up?" Wooyoung can't help but ask the man who was clearly had crimson form color on the shell of his ears. Did he embarrass Nichkhun somehow?

 


"I-I'll leave." the old guy stuttered turning his heel to the door. Wooyoung waited but Nichkhun seemed purposely dragged his pace longer than normal. Reaching to the door he closed it behind them and stared down on his bulging pants. 

 

What the hell was that? I got from staring at a boy? Am I a ing gay now? 

 


He bumped his head on the door at how stupidly he was. How could he get by a stranger who actually has like his own? What was wrong with him? Was he like now? He never had the same feeling when he with his boys so that can't be it. Eventhough, Taecyeon self-proclaiming he was biual(more likely panual he would say) Nichkhun never thought of doing dirty stuff with his best friend.

 


"I need a drink." He breathed out and walked down his kitchen and bar. Pulling out one of the expensive bottle out then pouring them in a glass. Usually he would take it slowly savouring the flavor of the drink but now he loosely chugging them down like he was a thirsty marathon runner.

 


After the third drink he paused at the sound of the door clicking. Wooyoung was already in his last night shirt and jeans. He walked to Nichkhun was sitting and leant his side to the bar stool. 

 


"So."

 

"So." they both said simultaneously. And they both silent at the same time. Wooyoung scratched his neck awkwardly while Nichkhun stared hardly on his glass as if to break it with his mind game. 

 

"Where's my backpack?" Wooyoung asked breaking the awkwardness.

 

"It's in the car. I sent my car to the car wash they probably take few minutes until they send it back here. You want a drink?" Nichkhun was about to take another glass out from the cabinet.

 


"Thanks but no. I'm still a bit woozy after last night." Nichkhun put the glass back. "So about your father." He drawled eyeing Nichkhun with side glance before staring back down pretending to check his fingers.

 


"I'll take you to him." Nichkhun said firmly without breaking his contact to his own glass. Wooyoung's head cocked so fast that the after effect drown him in twinge. He winced placing his hand against his forehead.

 


"You got it really bad. Was it your first time getting drunk?" Nichkhun looked bit concern but stopped abruptly and returned back to his glass. His lip thinned firmly.


Nichkhun was surprised at his own administration because he knew he was not that type of person who interested to get involve in someone personal matter. When it comes to Wooyoung things seemed to flow out naturally. Wasn't it bit strange? 

 


"Yeah. I was pretty mad and upset when I had it coming. That was stupid." Wooyoung replied admitting his fault. "Are you really going to take me to meet him?" Wooyoung diverted back the topic Nichkhun was telling him before that.

 


"Sure. Since you begging me about it." Nichkhun answered.

 


"Begging?" Wooyoung confused.

 


"You did. Last night when you were drunk and asleep. And you were actually crying at one point." Nichkhun uttered.

 


"Oh." Wooyoung blushed right away. 

 

God, he really did that? Nichkhun didn't look like he was making it up. Then that must be true. .

 


"I actually recorded them in my phone. It was pretty funny really, I had a good laugh all night." Nichkhun was smiling and his face looked amused when he said it.

 


Wooyoung had a daze expression on his face at Nichkhun's admission.

 

"Why did you do that?" he asked.

 


"Because it was funny and it made you look stupid. You should see your face. Oh, man." Nichkhun baffled his giggle. 

 

Wooyoung furrowed his eyebrows and glared down at Nichkhun. How could he do that? If it wasn't because of his father sake he'd probably let his hand engaging in murder the man to his own death. 

 

"You're jerk." Wooyoung said, too tired to get mad when his headache started to come back.

 


"I know, can't help it." nichkhun retorted sipping more of his drink pleasingly.

 

 

 


note: This should be longer and I decide to intermit at this point before I can write more. Who knew writing can be incessant torture for how long. I should know that but nope, the stupid old me wanted to be this part of death sentence. Now, I have to pay the price. Hopefully I can get away someday. Anyway, live a good life, people. Thanks for reading.