30. Yuri's POV: The More I Know Him, The More I Love Him

My HatefulBoyfriend

Jessica looked at Onew seriously. “Why don’t you answer me?” Onew just stared at her silently, he really didn’t know how to explain. “Why? No excuse? Just tell me the truth, will you?” She smiled confidently. “You really want to send me, didn’t you? Do you like me?”

His eyes got widened at her last question. However, he didn’t want her to know the truth because he thought it was just too embarrassing, she would make fun of him. “Ceh!” He let out a chuckle, just to start his plan to cover up his real intention for sending her home.

“What?” She looked quite annoyed with his chuckle.

“I never know that you have such a thick-faced.” He folded his arm. “How come you think I like you?”

“Then…” She started to lose her confidence. She continued hesitantly, “… why did you send me home? We also don’t have a good relationship, right? Everyone would be suspicious!” She added confidently after thinking that her guess didn’t show she was thick-faced but he was the one that caused her confused. “In fact, you even lied to me!”

“Why did I lie? If you want to know the truth, then I’ll let you know. If I don’t send you home last night, I’m sure you must tell your friend how irresponsible I am for letting a girl go home alone at night.” Jessica’s expression had turned into bad as he was explaining. “That’s why, I unwillingly have to send you. And… if I just said directly that I would send you home, you must thinking nonsense thing like ‘I like you’ or whatever it is!”

She grasped her hands in anger as she bit her lips. “Aish, what the heck?! Do you think I am the kind of girl who would tell everyone that you don’t send me home?!”

“Yes, from what I see, you’re that kind of girl.” He said playfully as he wanted to . “I have explained everything, right? I’m off.” He walked away to avoid her asking more questions that might lead to the exposure of his lie to cover it up.

“Yah! You… really! It will be much better if you didn’t send me home, get it?! I would much~ happier without you!!!” She shouted wholeheartedly as she saw him leaving.

With his back on her, he was smiling widely. He didn’t know why but he was really happy whenever he . He was wondering why he felt this way.

-------------

The girls were walking out from the hall after the meeting just ended not long ago. They still didn’t stop teasing Seohyun about Yonghwa singing a song for her especially when Seohyun kept denying that the song wasn’t for her. However, they knew it was indeed for Seohyun as it was just too obvious.

“Unnie!!!” Seohyun stomped her legs in anger. “I have said it’s not me!”

“Seohyun-ah… why do you keep acting like this?” Hyoyeon asked. “I’m sure you also feel it’s you, right?” She added while laughing.

Sooyoung exclaimed, “Oh, there he is!” She saw Yonghwa who was walking not too far from them. “Why don’t we just ask him directly than arguing like this, right?” She called him out. “Yonghwa-ssi!”

“Wait, unnie!” Seohyun tried to stop Sooyoung but it was just too late.

Yonghwa immediately went to them after hearing his name being called. “Yes!” He replied while smiling friendlily. Seohyun looked very nervous and anxious of his appearance.

“Actually, Seohyun wants to know if you compose and sing that song for her.” Sunny said boldly for Seohyun’s behalf.

“Unnie! What are you doing?!” Seohyun shook Sunny’s shoulder. “It’s unnie who want to know, not me!” However, Sunny just chuckled while waiting for Yonghwa’s answer.

Yonghwa just smiled widely seeing Seohyun’s cute reaction of Sunny’s question. “Yes, it’s really for Seohyun.”

“Kyyyaa!!!” The girls cheered loudly like little kids.

“See!” Taeyeon said to Seohyun who kept denying. Actually, Seohyun’s cheeks turned slightly red.

“Anyways, Yonghwa-ssi, you have to work harder to win our maknae’s heart.” Tiffany whispered to him. He nodded while smiling.

“Bye, guys.” Yonghwa said to the girls. He looked at Seohyun and gave her a gentle small smile before leaving.

Seohyun looked very embarrassed as her cheeks turned redder. And, the girls had been aware of it. “Seo Juhyun got blushed!  Seo Juhyun got blushed!”

“Unnie, I’m not!” She denied it while touching both of her cheeks.

“Anyways, where is Sica? I didn’t see her at all.” Yoona asked.

“That’s what I wondering too right now. She just suddenly disappeared beside me when we were in the hall.” Sunny replied.

“Sica unnie!” Seohyun suddenly said which caused everyone was looking at where Seohyun’s eyes were at. Jessica was running towards them from the toilet.

“Where have you been?! Do you know how worried we are?” Sooyoung slightly raised her voice.

“I’m sorry…” Jessica apologized as she caught her breath. She explained, “I just went to the toilet. Well… the meeting has finished already?”

“Yes~ you have been in toilet for too long.” Sooyoung replied.

Jessica took her bag from Sooyoung. “Thanks.”

“Do you just go to the toilet?” Yuri put her hand on Jessica’s shoulder while giving a naughty smile.

“What do you mean?” Jessica looked at Yuri in confusion.

“Well, I just saw Onew also came back from the same direction as you were coming from.” Yuri explained while looking at Jessica suspiciously.

“I… I…” Jessica stuttered.

“That’s right.” Yoona joined Yuri. “You guys also were missing at the same time. Don’t you think it will raise our suspicion?”

“Sica-yah…” Taeyeon looked at Jessica while giving her playful smile. “It’s time to tell the truth.”

“Wh… what are you talking about?” The nervous and anxious expression was seen obviously on Jessica’s face. However, the girls just looked at her in suspicion. “Oh!” Jessica tried her best to make shocked expression. “I just remember that I coincidentally met him during my way to the toilet.” She emphasized, “It’s just a pure COINCIDENCE!”

“Coincidence?”

“Ah! I’m already late!” Jessica purposely took a look at her watch. “I’m off. My parents must be waiting for me.” She was just about to go but the girls were standing in front of her to block her way. “Wh… what’s wrong?”

 “Don’t think we will let you go before telling the truth.” Tiffany replied while patting Jessica’s cheeks playfully.

“Yah~ why are you guys doing this to me?!” Jessica stomped her legs cutely.

“Sica-yah…” Hyoyeon rested her arm on Jessica’s shoulder. “Just tell us the truth, will you?”

“Aish… seriously…” Jessica knew there was no use to hide anymore. “Alright!” She pouted her lips before continuing, “I just talked to him about why he lied when he sent me home last night. That’s all, don’t you guys think nonsense things, okay?”

The girls just smiled hearing Jessica’s explanation. “Then, why did you hide it from us?” Yuri asked.

“Well… I… if I just said it directly, you guys must misunderstand! I don’t want that!”

“You know what…” Taeyeon looked into Jessica’s eyes. “…. Being afraid of misunderstanding causes us to more misunderstand. It becomes more suspicious, right?”

“I… just...”

“Ok, ok.” Tiffany calmed down Jessica by wrapping her arm around Jessica’s back while rubbing it. “We get it. Your face looks pale already.” She laughed along with the girls seeing Jessica’s reaction.

Jessica’s face had turned pale with all the girls’ question. She felt like a criminal who was being investigated by police for committing a crime.

They continued walking to the entrance of the school. “Anyways, Fany-ah, your butler is not here. Are you going to go home alone?” Sunny asked.

“Unnie, do you want us to accompany you?” Seohyun asked.

“Oh, it’s okay. I don’t want to be a burden to you guys.” Tiffany gave a smile as she said to the girls.

“Hey, come on!” Hyoyeon put her hand on Tiffany’s shoulder. “What’s burden?”

“I’m really okay. I have to go home with my butler anyways. So, don’t worry. I’ll call him.”

“Hold on!” Hyoyeon suddenly blurted out which also shocked Tiffany. “I don’t think you have to call the butler.” Tiffany looked at Hyoyeon and she saw Hyoyeon was smiling that she decided to take a look at where Hyoyeon’s eyes were at.

“Oh!” Tiffany looked quite shocked at first and her lips curled up.

“Wow, I’m so jealous!” Sooyoung said in jealousy.

“It must be so nice to have someone to send you home!” Sunny added.

All of them walked towards Siwon who was standing near the entrance. When Siwon was aware of their presence, he changed his position from leaning against the gate to standing properly. He gave them a smile but his eyes were on Tiffany. Tiffany was smiling bashfully when he saw at her.

Yuri was aware that Siwon just looked at Tiffany. “Oppa! I’m here too!” She held onto Siwon’s arm.

“Oh? Hm… yes.” Siwon immediately looked at Yuri and smiled bashfully. Yuri gave him a teasing smile.

“Oppa will send Tiffany home?” Yuri asked in delight.

“Yes.” He nodded with a smile on his face.

“Then, we should leave her now.” Yoona added while chuckling as she patted Tiffany’s shoulder.

“Bye.”

Tiffany and Siwon waited until the girls disappeared from the sight. Then, Siwon turned his head towards Tiffany. She took a few steps towards Siwon while smiling. “Let’s go. I’ll send you home.”

They both walked side by side. Unexpectedly, they found the situation was still quite awkward for both of them since becoming lovers to be alone like this.

Tiffany took a glance at Siwon. She really hoped that he would do something to break off this silence and it’s much better if he took the initiative to hold her hand.

As she was thinking about that, she suddenly felt like he was holding onto her hand. She looked at him in surprise. When she saw his shy smile, she giggled happily.

“Are you still wearing the necklace that I gave you?” he asked.

“Of course.” She replied while touching the necklace that was wrapping around her neck. “I won’t take it off no matter what happen.” He looked at her and smiled. “This ring…” She looked at the ring that Siwon just gave her during recess. “It’s pretty, isn’t it? I never thought that you still keep it.”

“Of course I’ll keep it. It’s such a precious memory for…” Siwon looked at Tiffany. “…both of us.” Tiffany nodded while showing her eye-smile. “Besides, don’t you ask me to keep it for my future girlfriend? And, I think that ring has returned to its owner.” He added referring to Tiffany.

Tiffany chuckled. “Honestly, on that time, I never thought that it would be mine.” She giggled cutely while staring at the ring. “Ah!” She suddenly blurted out that shocked Siwon who looked worried. He stared at her in shock and worry. “Seeing this ring and my necklace, I think about something. I never give a present to you.”

Siwon hove a relief sigh and then chuckled later seeing her cute shocked reaction. He thought something bad happened but it wasn’t a big deal actually. “Yes, I think so.” He nodded. “But, why?”

“Of course I should have given you something in return. I’m really sorry.” She looked at him with apologetic face.

“No, I’m fine. You don’t need to give present.”

 “But…”

“I’m really okay. I don’t need it. In fact, I’m very happy with your presence. That’s enough for me. I’m very thankful that you want to accept me despite that I’m this kind of person.”

“That kind of person? What do you mean?”

“Well, I’m a dull person… and I don’t know how to make others laugh… and, like you said, I always look serious and rarely smile…”

“No~ you aren’t that kind of person actually. That’s just because you have such a suffering past. I bet everyone would have been like that if they’re like you. But, now… you’re different… you become brighter, you smile a lot and become friendlier.” She looked at him with a smile as she described every each of his characteristics that had changed.

“I think all of these happened because of you.”

Tiffany smiled hearing his reply. Then, she added but her expression changed a bit. “You also have a lot of fan girls.”

Siwon noticed her jealousy from her quite angry expression. “Why? Jealous?”

“Huh? No, no.” She shook her head vigorously. However, her expression was saying otherwise. Siwon smiled while elbowing her gently which caused her to chuckle. “Yes~ I’m indeed~ jealous.” Siwon smiled widely hearing her confession. “But, I’m happy and proud too because my boyfriend is popular.”

“Really?”

“Yes.” She nodded. “Anyways, I still want to give present to you.” Siwon just about to protest but she continued, “How about cloth? I just want to see you in a bright, beautiful cloth.”

“Alright.” He finally agreed to accept her presents. “I also think that I should wear a nice cloth that can make me look brighter.”

“That’s right. You’re good-looking in your current cloth but you will look more handsome in those clothes.”

“Ok.” He nodded with a smile on his face.

“Then, let’s go buy your cloth on other day. Promise?” They made a pinky finger promise.

As they felt very enjoyed talking to each other, they didn’t realize the time was passing so fast. They had arrived in front of Tiffany’s villa.

“Oh, we have arrived! I don’t even realize.” Tiffany exclaimed. They stopped walking and faced each other. He let go of his hold on her hand slowly.

 “Then, see you tomorrow at school.”

“Ok, bye.”

Both of them didn’t show any sign to move from their current position. Siwon looked at her while raising his eyebrows, wondering why she didn’t enter her villa yet.

“I just want to see you go first.” She replied.

“No, it’s okay. You go in first.”

“No. Besides, I’m already at my villa. So, you go first.”

“Alright… then, see you.” She nodded while smiling. He took his leave.

She waited until he disappeared at the end of the road. She entered her villa quietly, trying to not be noticed about her presence. She really wanted to avoid from her parents since they would ask why she had been home this late. She would arrive long ago if she went home with her butler.

She took her steps towards the stairs quietly after confirming there was no one around her. Somehow, she looked like someone who wanted to steal.

“Omo!” She shouted after she heard someone was clearing her voice. She looked very shocked until she fell onto the floor. “Ouch!” She took a look at that person. “Ah, ah! I’m so shocked! I’m so shocked!” She patted her chest in relief as she saw the chief of the maid who was very close to her like a mother, Auntie Lee.

“What did you do wrong that you are shocked like that?” Auntie Lee asked while chuckling.

“I… I didn’t do anything.” Tiffany answered in anxiousness.

“Really?” Auntie Lee gave Tiffany a suspicious look while approaching her. “Then, why are you coming into the villa like that? You seem like a thief.” Tiffany just gave an awkward grin while scratching her head since she didn’t have any excuse to tell. “Then, why are coming home so late?”

“I… I have a meeting of club at school… that’s why…”

“Who are you coming home with? I see Butler Park was always around here.”

“Oh? Well, my friend…”

“Friend? Male?” Auntie Lee smiled as she already saw Siwon who was the one that Tiffany liked that sent her home.

Tiffany’s eyes got widened. “Well, that’s…” She gave a stiff smile before nodding hesitantly. “Auntie, please don’t tell my mom.” She begged Auntie Lee while holding onto her arm. Auntie Lee just smiled widely, actually she was very happy that Tiffany had gotten close with a guy especially with the guy that she liked. “Truthfully… my boyfriend sent me home.”

“What?! Is the truth?! You and Siwon have become lovers?” Auntie Lee asked in happiness.

“Sshh!” Tiffany hissed. “I don’t want others hear especially my parents.”

“They’re not at home.”

“Oh, really?” Tiffany hove a relieved sigh. “Eh, hold on…” Her eyebrows met as she was thinking. “How did Auntie know it is Siwon?”

“Actually, Auntie saw both of you at the entrance of the villa. Plus, who other guy that you are close to beside Siwon, right?”

“Ah! Auntie! If you know from the start, how can you make me nervous and keep asking me question like I have done wrong?”

“Well, I don’t think as far as he has become your boyfriend, then it’s really good since you have liked him a lot. Besides, you are the one that look suspicious. Why are you entering your own villa like a thief?”

Tiffany grinned. “But, Auntie… you can’t tell my mother yet, ok?”

“Why?”

“She’s okay me being friend with Siwon but I don’t think she will be happy if she heard about this. That’s why, I need time to tell her on suitable time and find a way how to make her agree with this.”

“Ok, don’t worry. I’ll keep it secret.”

“Thanks, Auntie.” Tiffany showed her eye-smile.

-----------

Yuri and Yoona were in their room. They were doing their revision as there was not much time until their test.

All of a sudden, Yoona sneezed. “Oh!” Yuri looked quite shocked with Yoona’s loud yet cute sneeze. “Are you okay?” Yuri asked while chuckling due to Yoona’s cute sound of sneeze.

Yoona also chuckled as she also found out her sneeze sounded quite funny indeed. “Yes, I’m okay.”

Only then, Yuri realized that Yoona’s face looked quite pale. “Your face looks pale.” She said as she went closer to Yoona to touch her forehead. It was indeed hot. “You catch a cold again?”

“Hm… seems like it…”

“Im Yoona, why are you always making me worried?” Yuri asked as she got up from her bed before walking out from the room.

Yoona just stared at her wondering what Yuri was doing and where did she go. Yuri came back later with a medicine in her hand and a glass of water in another hand. “Yuri, I’m okay. I don’t need to eat this.”

“What okay? You look so pale and your body is also hot. If you’re not eating this, I’ll really get angry.” Yuri said firmly.

“Alright, alright~ aish, you always like to nag.” Yoona muttered before swallowing the medicine by drinking the water.

Yuri chuckled as she took the glass from Yoona’s hand. She put it on the desk near their table. “What are you doing?” She asked in disbelief after seeing Yoona continued her revision.

“Yah~” Yoona chuckled. “Are you also sick too? I’m studying of course.”

“Im Yoona, you should rest.”

“But, our test…”

“You will just be sicker if you force yourself and you eventually can’t study at all. So, get enough rest and continue study later, ok?”

“Yes~ Kwon Yuri-sshi~” Yoona replied playfully while closing her books and lying down on her bed. Yuri took a thick blanket and covered Yoona’s body with it.

Then, Yuri’s cellphone was ringing and she picked it up. “Hello, Minho.”

“What are you doing?” Minho asked and he sounded so happy to talk to her.

“Nothing much, I just do some revision. Why?”

“Can you come to the bench that I last ask you to see me before? Do you remember it, when I got sick last time?”

“Yes, I remember but Yoona…”

“It’s Minho?” Yoona asked Yuri by mouthing. “I’m okay, really…” She convinced Yuri to meet Minho.

“Ok.” Yuri finally agreed to Minho’s request. “Then, I’ll go there right now.”

“Ok, I’ll be waiting.”

She ended the call and looked at Yoona. “Are you really going to be okay?” She looked very worried for Yoona’s health.

“Yes, I’m really okay.” Yoona emphasized. “I’m just resting on the bed, everything will be okay soon. What is there to be worried about? Hurry up, Minho must be waiting for you.”

“Then, I’ll go now. Bye.” Yuri walked out from the room and immediately went to where she and Minho had promised to meet.

------------

Minho was sitting on the bench while looking at the sky. It was such a calm and beautiful night with the spectacular view of bunch of stars in the sky. He never felt this happy since he was born. He was very glad that an angel had appeared in his life to brighten up his dark and sorrow life. Before, he could only feel hate in his life but she had brought along the happiness with her for him.

Not too long after, he saw Yuri was running towards him. She caught her breath after arriving in front of him. “Did you wait long?”

“No.” He smiled.

“But, why did you want to meet me? Did something happen?” Yuri looked quite worried since he wanted to meet her at night.

“I’m okay. I just want to see you. Sit here.” He asked her to take a seat beside him on the bench.

“I’m so worried that something happen.” She took a relieved sigh before sitting.

“Do you remember that you let me wait here in the rain last night?” He asked as he looked at her.

“Why are you asking that?” She felt very guilty every time she was reminded about how she tried to avoid being close to him. She looked at him with apologetic face.

“No, I don’t intent to remind you about that.” He immediately added after seeing her expression of his question. “I just want to tell you why I wanted to see you on that night and today with the same intention, I ask you to come here. I might have shown it to you that night if you did come.”

“You want to show me something? What is it?” Yuri looked so interested. He pointed to the sky, asking her to see it. “Wow, it’s so beautiful~!” She exclaimed in amazement.

“Right? We can see many stars here during night! At this bench, it’s the best view around our villa’s area.”

“Really? Oh, it’s really pretty!”

Minho just stared at Yuri who was enjoying the view. He was so happy when seeing her smiling widely like that. Suddenly, something came across his minds as he looked at her face. “Do you remember our first kiss?”

“Huh?” She looked indeed shocked with his unexpected question. “During the shooting of the show when we watched horror movie?”

“Yes…”

She bit her lips and her cheeks turned red. However, since it was night and quite dark, it couldn’t be seen properly. “Why are you asking that kind of question? It’s embarrassing~”

Minho chuckled as he himself found quite awkward after asking that question. “Just… I just want to know if it’s really your first kiss.”

“Of course! It’s my first kiss. Why should I lie?”

Minho smiled widely after confirming that fact. “I’m happy that I got your first kiss.” He said shyly.

Yuri also seemed very shy after hearing that. Then, suddenly, her expression changed. “But I’m sure I must be your tenth kiss… or maybe 50th kiss…” She sounded quite disappointed.

“No, no. of course not!” He denied wholeheartedly. “Honestly, you are also my first kiss.”

She looked at him directly as she looked very shocked with his unexpected confession. Then, she let out a chuckle. “You must be lying to me. It’s okay. You don’t have to make me feel better. I know everything.”

“Are you sure? How did you know that? Did you see it?” He asked seriously.

Seeing Minho being so serious caused her to be speechless and hesitant. “Are you angry? I didn’t mean to…”

 “No, I just ask you. Did you see I kiss any girl with your own eyes?”

“I don’t see it but in news, I also read that you’re a playboy who… well…” She didn’t continue as she was sure he understood that.

“Then do you think I always kissed with them?”

“Well…” Yuri was speechless as she never thought that Minho would go this deep into this matter. “I think so. Don’t you?” She said hesitantly.

“Ok, I admit that before, before you came into my life…” He emphasized how important her presence was in his life before continuing. “… I was always surrounded by the girls and I did play around, I meant just drinking with them or playing any games but! But!” He emphasized again. “I didn’t go as far as kissing them. At the much worse, maybe touching or wrapping my arms around them, that’s all! I really really never ever kiss them!” He emphasized to show that he was really talking the truth.

“Really?” Yuri’s lips curled up. She knew he was talking the truth by seeing the sincerity in his eyes.

“Yes, I didn’t lie. I swear!”

“Ok, ok. I believe you.”

“Really?”

“Yes!” She said confidently while smiling widely.

“But… I want to ask you something.” Minho became serious again that Yuri paid her attention to him. “Why is Siwon acting like that when we’re together before? I meant, he looked very angry when he saw you with me. Does he like you too?”

Yuri chuckled as like everyone else, Minho also thought that Siwon liked her since he always looked after her. “Actually, Siwon… is my brother!”

“What?!”