2. The Beginning of Yuri's Misfortune

My HatefulBoyfriend

[In a restaurant]

“Yuri, food is ready!” a chef shouted from the kitchen as he finished the order. 

In the restaurant, the condition was very noise and chaotic as there were too many people filling all the tables in the restaurant. It was such a busy day today. The people consisted of from all generations. There were a few babies who kept crying while waiting for their food and their parents kept arguing with each other to stop their baby’s cry. There were also teenagers who kept chatting mostly about the nonsense things that usually the others couldn’t understand what they were talking about. And, it looked like they were wasting their precious time on chatting than focusing on their learning.

Meanwhile, Yuri who was standing beside the table no. 7, was taking the order. “Your food will be served soon,” Yuri said politely to the customers at the table no. 7 after taking the order. She bowed before going away. “Yes! I’m coming!” Yuri shouted while running towards the kitchen. “Sorry, I’m really busy. There are too many customers today,” Yuri said to the chef apologetically while taking the food. 

“It’s okay,” the chef replied while smiling. “Take this to table no. 9.”

“Ok,” Yuri immediately replied while rushing to the table no. 9. “Sorry for the late,” Yuri said apologetically while smiling widely to show the friendly service although she was very tired right now and the sweat could be seen clearly on her face to show that how hard she was working. She served the food and then, she replied, “Enjoy your food,” she said in friendly voice. She turned her body and walked away from the table no. 9.

She took a short rest. She wiped her sweat with her palm while taking a deep breath. She looked at the clock which was hanging on the wall. It showed 2 o’clock. “My shift has ended!” she exclaimed happily. Then, she walked towards the changing room and on the way there she passed a few of her coworkers. “Bye, everyone!” she said to them.

“Yuri-ah, your shift had ended?” one of coworkers of Yuri asked with a jealous expression on her face. She felt jealous with Yuri as Yuri’s shift had ended. Everyone who worked here always liked Yuri. Not just because she had a pretty face but she also had a very bright personality that always made others happy.

“Ah, yes!” she replied in happy voice while standing in front of the door of changing room. “Do a good job, everyone!” she added while waving her hand in the air before entering the changing room. She opened her locker with the key and took her cloth. She went to a small chamber which was in the changing room. 

After a few minutes, she got out from the small chamber with her casual cloth. As usual, she looked very beautiful even with a casual cloth. She wore a blue jean, a pink shirt and a navy blue jacket was covering her body as today, the weather was a bit colder than usual. She put her uniform cloth in her locker tidily and then, she locked her locker back.

After that, she went to the manager room to take her first salary after she had been working here for 30 days as a part-time waitress. The manager spotted her and said, “Yuri, have a seat.”

“Yes,” Yuri replied while smiling. Then, she sat on the chair which was facing the manager.

“This is your first salary,” the manager said while giving an envelope which was contained Yuri’s first salary.

“Thank you so much, Manager Kim!” she exclaimed while taking the envelope with a wide smile from ear to ear on her face. 

“You really have done a great job!” the manager exclaimed while showing Yuri a thumb-up. Yuri just replied the manager with a grin.

-------------------

Minho was on his motorbike. He was riding the motorbike as fast as he could without caring about the rules that he needed to obey when riding or driving a transport. Everyone who coincidentally stood by the roadside or even the drivers, didn’t realize about Minho’s identity as he was wearing a helmet that was covering his face from being seen by others.

Truthfully, he didn’t have any destination to go to but he just rode his motorbike as far as he could go. He just wanted to take his anger out with riding his motorcycle. He himself didn’t know who exactly he was angry at. Right now, his feeling mixed up with angry, exasperate and miserable. On stage, everyone only could see his cheerful side as he always showed his sweet smile but actually he also had another side which was rarely seen by others except his fellow member, Nickhun and his manager. Mostly, off-screen, he was always being angry at all most of the time. He rarely smiled or laughed. It looked like his cheerful side on the stage was only an act to cover his true self and he felt his life was useless. He smiled on the stage just because he wanted to make others happy but he himself didn’t feel it. That’s why he really needed someone, someone that could brighten his life, someone that could teach him how to smile, laugh and enjoy himself, someone that could make his life more meaningful and someone that could change his heart.

--------------

Yuri just got out from the restaurant. She continued walking with a bag that was clinging on her shoulder. She was still smiling from ear to ear as she was very satisfied and proud at herself and she believed that she could stand on her feet without Yoona’s help. She opened the envelope and took out the money. “I’ll spend this money first to my closest friend who always being by my side and always helping me in urgent times,” Yuri said happily while counting the money.

After a few steps, she reached at the roadside. She wanted to cross the road but she just looked to the left and right briefly as she knew that if there was no transport was driven towards her within 50m, she won’t get into an accident. There was a high school around that place so, the speed limit for the transport was only 30 km/h. She just crossed the road while still counting the money excitedly.

Meanwhile, 100m away from Yuri, Minho was riding his motorbike fast about 140 km/h towards Yuri. As a few seconds went by, the distance between Yuri and Minho who was riding the motorbike became shorter and then, Minho spotted Yuri who was crossing the road. Yuri exactly was on Minho’s way. Minho frowned looking at Yuri and he pressed horn for a few times to give a warning to Yuri about his come. Yuri immediately turned her head towards where the horn came from, as soon as she heard it. Her eyes went bigger and her jaw dropped when she saw him. Because of the shock, she couldn’t move at all and she just stared at the motorbike that was approaching towards her. Meanwhile, Minho was braking as hard as he could to stop his motorbike.

Luckily, he managed to stop his motorbike but his motorbike still slightly hit Yuri and because of that, Yuri fell down on the road. “Arghhh!!!” Yuri shouted while falling down on the road with the left part of her body first. As she supported her body with her left arm pressed on the rough surface of the road, her left arm was hurt. “Ouch!!!” she exclaimed her pain while taking a look at her hurt arm. The blood started flowing from the scratched part.

Minho immediately got down from his motorbike not because he wanted to help Yuri but to check his motorbike if there was anything wrong with it. He checked his motorbike while still wearing the helmet as he didn’t want others knew his identity especially around that place there were many people passing by. After confirming there was nothing wrong with his motorbike, he said angrily to Yuri, “Yah! Are you blind?! Don’t you see me?!”

Yuri who was still sitting on the road and was fighting with her pain, looked at Minho after she heard what he said. “What?!” she asked in unbelievable voice while widening her eyes.

“Luckily I managed to stop my motorbike in the nick of the time! Otherwise, my motorbike would be damaged! You know you are very lucky this time, so you should be thankful! Even I found only a scratch on my motorbike, I would ask from you for indemnity! Understand?!!!” Minho said angrily.

Yuri really didn’t expect the guy who hit her was very a bad guy. She got really mad after seeing his reaction for what he had done. She immediately got up angrily. “You are so unbelievable!” Yuri said while rolling her eyes. “Yah! What did you mean by in the nick of the time?! You still had hit me with you motorbike and take a look what you have done to my arm!!!” Yuri yelled while showing him her hurt arm which blood could be seen on it. “This is that you called lucky?! And, I should be thankful for this?!!! That doesn’t make any sense!!!” Yuri shouted loudly while stomping her legs angrily as she felt very exasperated with how Minho acted.

“YAH!!!” Minho yelled loudly back to Yuri. “If you learn how to cross the road safely, this incident won’t happen!!!”

“Now, you said this is my fault?!!!” Yuri asked angrily while frowning. “You should blame youself! Instead of calling me blind, I think you are the one who are blind!!! Can’t you see that sign?!” Yuri asked while pointing to a sign that notified about the speed limits around that area which was 30 km/h.

“Oh! What is going on there?!” a person who was passing by there asked. Then, as time went by, there were many people started to gather around Yuri and Minho as they noticed about their argument. People still didn’t know that guy was Minho as his face was still hidden by the helmet.

“Now! I want you to be responsible for what have happen to me!” Yuri said in higher voice. “My hurt arm and… wait!” Yuri suddenly blurted out. “Where is my money?!” she asked anxiously while thinking where exactly she put her first salary with a frown on her face. “My money!!!” she kept repeating that words while searching for her money in her pocket, in her bag but she still couldn’t find it. “Where is my money?!” she whined while stomping her legs. Then, she just remembered about that money. When she was falling down on the road, accidentally the money escaped from her right hand. She really didn’t remember about it before as her left arm was really painful. As soon as she recalled the incident back, she looked around looking for her money. Her eyes went bigger and her jaw dropped while staring at her money which was flying away. 

“You can just continue looking for your money, I want to go first, okay?” Minho said and then he got on his motorbike.

“Yah! Where did you want to go?!” Yuri said while grabbing Minho’s arm to stop him from running away. “I said I want you to be responsible for this!!!” Yuri shouted as loud as she could. This time she was really mad as what Minho had done was really too much for her to control her anger. She didn’t care even now there were many people looking at them. She was already been hurt and now, she also lost her money.

“Why should I be responsible?!” Minho said angrily while pushing Yuri’s hand away harshly from his hand.

“YAH!” Yuri yelled. “Why did you keep hiding your face in the helmet?! Show me your face!!!” Yuri said angrily while trying to take off the helmet from Minho’s head.

“Yah! What are you doing?! Don’t do it!” Minho replied while trying to push Yuri’s hands away from taking off the helmet. He couldn’t let people knew about his true identity. Instead of giving up, Yuri just put more effort on trying to take off the helmet from Minho’s head. She really wanted to see the face of the guy that made her got really mad. After they both struggled for a while, finally Yuri managed to take it off. Yuri hove a relief sigh while holding the helmet tightly in her hands after she managed to take it off.

Now, all the people around here took a look at Minho. Their eyes were locked on Minho’s face. They looked very shocked after seeing him. Their eyes went bigger and their jaws dropped.

“Isn’t he Minho?”

“Oh, yes. He looks like Minho!”

“I’m sure he is really Choi Minho! The member of 2SG!”

“Minho! Minho!” After everyone had confirmed that guy was Minho, they started cheering and shouting while approaching Minho to see him closer. The condition became noise and chaotic with the scream and cheer especially the girls’ voice. Minho looked at them anxiously.

After hearing what the people around her said, Yuri immediately took a glance at Minho. “Y… you… you are really Choi Minho!!!” she stuttered while pointing to Minho and she kept staring at his face. How could it turn out that the bad guy was 2SG’s Choi Minho?! She was really a fan of 2SG and although her ideal type was Nickhun but she was still liked Minho but after what he had done to her today, she was really HATED him now!!!

“Yes! You are right!” Minho said in higher voice while taking the helmet back from Yuri’s hold. He immediately put on the helmet and got on his motorbike. After that, he just rode his motorbike away.

“YAH!!! CHOI MINHO!!! HOW COULD YOU JUST RUN AWAY LIKE THAT?!!!” Yuri shouted for the last time and she stomped her legs while staring at Minho who was running away with his motorbike. She took a few deep breathes while grasping her hands tightly after she shouted.

“Miss, are you okay?” a girl asked Yuri after seeing Yuri’s hurt hand. Yuri just nodded weakly and then, she bowed her body to take her bag which was on the road.

“Aishhhh!” another girl hissed while shaking her head. “I really didn’t expect Minho could do this!”

“Yes, you’re right! How can a singer who has many fans, has a bad attitude like this?” another girl added.

Meanwhile, Minho was riding his motorbike fast and now, their distance was about 1km away. Out of sudden, he step on brake and after a few seconds later, his motorbike was stopped. “I’ve caused trouble! And, this time, I must not add another trouble! If I let her alone there, another problem will come!” Minho said to himself while frowning.

After that, he made a u-turn with his motorbike and rode it fast to where Yuri was. 

“He comes again!” a girl exclaimed after she spotted Minho who was riding his motorbike towards Yuri. Yuri immediately turned her head towards Minho and she looked very shocked. She wondered what more he wanted to do to her.

Minho stopped his motorbike beside Yuri. Yuri looked at him in astonishment while frowning. “Get on my motorbike! Hurry up!” Minho said to Yuri in high voice while grabbing Yuri’s hand and forced her to get on his motorbike.

Yuri who just looked at Minho, was very shocked with Minho’s sudden action. “Arghhh!” she shouted after she almost fell once again after Minho forced her to get on his motorbike but she didn’t have other choice except to get on it. After confirming that Yuri was already on his motorbike, behind him, he rode away.