Chapter 3

Am I strange?

“Do you only talk when you feel like it,” Kai asked looking straight at her face. Hayi just nodded and looked at her desk. Kai just nodded and got his notebook and pen. He sighed it was going to be a long first day. After Kai had done this the teacher came back to begin the lesson.

Time seemed to fly by to Kai. By the time he had looked at the clock it was time for lunch. Some kids got up to go to the canteen while others just grabbed food from their bag to eat in the class. Hayi grabbed her lunch from her bag and was about to leave the classroom when someone grabbed her hand.

“Hayi, Suho hyung wants to know if you want to sit with us today,” Hayi realized she was staring into a guys chest and looked up to learn it was Chanyeol.

“So, do you wanna? There’s an extra seat for your boyfriend,” Chanyeol said with a smile. Hayi just tilted her head to the side. Boyfriend? Hayi certainly thought she didn’t have a boyfriend.

“Oh, well, the new kid, since apparently he’s not your boyfriend. But do you wanna join us?” Hayi just shook her head and stared at her hand that was still in Chanyeol’s grip. Chanyeol also looked to where Hayi was staring and realized what he was doing when Hayi tugged her hand.

“Ah, sorry. I’ll still ask the new kid and the offer is still open to you,” Chanyeol said, starting to walk to Kai. Hayi just nodded and walked out of the classroom.

“Hey, new kid,” Chanyeol says as he walks over to Kai. Kai looks over to where his name was being called and sees a boy a head taller than him walking over and sitting in Hayi’s seat.

“Suho-hyung wants to know if you want to sit with us at lunch? It’ll be fun,” Chanyeol says with a smile. Kai just looks at him with no response.

“I don’t know who you are so...” was the only response Chanyeol got out of Kai. Chanyeol stared at him in confusion before his eyes went wide in realization.

“Oh, I’m sorry, the name’s Chanyeol, nice to meet you,” he says as he sticks his hand out for a shake. Kai eyes it wearily before grabbing it.

“Kai,” he says before letting the hand fall from his grasp.

“So, do you wanna eat with us? There’ plenty of room,” Chanyeol says as he looks at Kai. Kai looks over his face to spot if he was joking with him.

“Sure,” Kai says eventually still looking skeptical. Chanyeol gestures for Kai to get up and follow him.

“If you have your own lunch bring it along, we’re going to eat outside,” Chanyeol says as he waits by the door for Kai to grab hs lunch. Kai just nods and grabs his sack of lunch, heading to the door to follow Chanyeol.

“How many people are there?” asked Kai as they walked down the stairs to head to back of the school. Chanyeol just looks over his shoulder and smiles.

“Including you, twelve of us,” says Chanyeol as they continue down the hall.

Kai scoffs and responds, “Yeah, sure ‘plenty of room,’” and just rolls his eyes. Even then he still followed Chanyeol. Kai and Chanyeol went through the doors to go out where they see a huge group of guys talking.

“Hyung,” Chanyeol says as seven heads turn his way.

“Yah,” one says, Kai notices, is even taller than Chanyeol, “you have more than one hyung, we’re not mind readers. Which hyung are you calling?” Even at that insult, Chanyeol still kept his smile.

“Kris, you now I don’t even consider you my hyung, so why complain. Plus I was calling Suho hyung,” Chanyeol says with a laugh and the tall guy, Kris, just rolls his eyes.

“I’m older than Suho, so why do you even call him hyung? By the way,” Kris says, “who’s that kid with you?”

“That;s why I called Suho hyung,” Chanyeol said completely avoiding the first question, “Hyung, Hayi said no but gave us her blessing to ask Kai to lunch with us.” As Chanyeol said this he grabbed onto Kai’s shoulder. Kai then notices a shorter figure come from behind a group of taller ones.

“Thanks Yeolli. Nice to see you again Kai. I’m glad you agreed to join us,” Suho said with his angelic smile. Kai nods and Suho grabs his hand to give a firm shake. As he does so he pulls ai closer to the group.

“I’ll have the others introduce themselves,” Suho says with his angelic smile.

--

I'm sorry for the long wait of this chapter. My letter "k" doesn't work very well, so everytime I typed it wouldn't get the K so yeah. Lame excuse, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! Please constructive comments, or just comment if you want to. Totally up to you. Thanks everyone!!!