Chapter 1

Am I strange?

“Why are they always staring at me,” Hayi asked as she looked herself over in the girls’ restroom mirror. She then started looking over her physical features.

“Ten fingers, ten toes, two arms, two legs, blood flowing through,” she says as she hits her own arms to feel her blood flow,

One head” she grabs ahold of her head and then places her hand over her heart,” one heart beating.” Hayi ponders what else “normal” people have.

“I have thoughts,” she proceeds to take a deep breath, “and I breathe in air.” As Hayi walks out of the washroom, she looks around.

“Then why are they staring at me like that? As if I‘m covered in wounds.” Hayi sits in her desk at the back of the classroom before the start of class. Per usual, she sits alone, away from everyone. Then her classmates sit in front of her chatting away with everyone else. The girls stop chatting once they take notice of her presence behind them. As they proceed to go back to their seats, Hayi stops them.

“Wait, may ask all of you a question?” The other girls look at each other before they nod. Hayi looks on of the girls straight in the eye.

“Am I strange,” Hayi asks in a soft scared voice. The girls eyes seem to grow wider and are about to walk off.

“Where, and how am I strange,” she looks up at them with concern. From Hayi’s question to the girls, her other classmates start looking at them. Then she notices everyone is looking at her, and Hayi notices their faces.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Hayi looks from everyone of their faces. All their eyes hold the same gaze. And that just disheartens her more. She looks down at her lap and balls her hands into fist, and squeezes her eyes shut to prevent tears from falling.

“Okay, thank you for answering my question,” Hayi says after a while. Most of the kids note her clenched hands, but don’t say a word and just return to what they were doing beforehand. It was then that the teacher walks into the classroom with someone behind her.

“Alright kids go to your seats, I have an announcement,” the teacher waves the young man closer to her podium as everyone returns to their seats.

“Well,” the teacher looks over to the young boy, “go ahead and introduce yourself so we can get homeroom started.” The boy nods and locks eyes with Hayi.

--

lkdgdskglkfjag

What do you think???? I kinda like it. ;~; but kEO FIC I CAN'T I'M SO SORRY ;~; I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON WITH DUE DATES AND STUFF AND YEAH