Chapter 2

Am I strange?

“Hello, my name is Kai and I like to dance. Please lets be friendly,” he says with a slight smile. Hayi looks over him in detail. He has on the usual school attire but he is tanned on his face and hands. He has dark black hair and deep brown eyes.

“Hayi,” the teacher calls, “is your seatmate, Kai. Hayi raise your hand.” Hayi does as she is instructed, as Kai walks over to her.

“Hi my name is Kai,” he says as he takes the seat beside her. By then all the students are looking at them.

“I’ll just take class roll and then I’ll give everyone thirty minutes before beginning of the lesson,” the teacher said calling forth the students attention. As the teacher begins to call roll, Kai attempt to make conversation with Hayi.

“Your names Hayi right,” he receives only a nod in a response, “then what’s your last name?”

“Lee Hayi,” the teacher calls from the roster list.

“Present,” Hayi responds to the teacher.

“Huh, your last name’s Lee? Then I should’ve been called before-,” before Kai could finish what he was going to say the teacher had walked over to their shared desk.

“Kai, I already marked you present but I wasn’t sure if you wanted me to call your name listed on the roster,” the teacher whispered to him, eyes filled with concern.

“It’s fine, just call me whichever name you want. I’m fine either way,” Kai responded.

“Alright then Kai, I’ll call your name for roll tomorrow.” As the teacher left the classroom, the students started talking amongst themselves of their weekend plans. Kai looks over to Hayi and tries to begin a discussion again.

“So, what do you like to do for fun, since I told you what I like to do,” as he said this, other students started looking their way. Hayi took notice of their stares while Kai remained oblivious to his surroundings.

“So, what do you do?” Hayi looked at Kai and shook her head from side to side. The response he received from Hayi, even though he wasn’t satisfied with it, her other classmates were. They all returned to their conversations. As Kai stopped his attempts at conversation until another boy walked up to them.

“Hayi, are you okay? Was you morning well,” asked the new boy who seemed to understand Hayi. Hayi looked up at him and nodded to his question. This interaction caused Kai to stare at the boy. When the boy saw Kai staring at them, he introduced himself.

“Nice to meet you, my name is Joonmyeon, but you can call me Suho. Your name s Kai, right,” the boy, Suho, held his hand out to Kai. Kai hesitantly grabbed it and nodded his head.

“Well, it was nice meeting you,” Suho said as he was about to leave, “oh, and Hayi,” Hayi looked up at him at the mention of her name, “don’t worry, ok?”

Hayi just nodded but grabbed onto his hand before he could leave.

“Am I- am I strange,” she asked just loud enough for the three of them to hear. Suho just laughed and messed with her hair.

“As I said before, don’t worry. Everythings going to be ok,” Suho said. With that response, Hayi let go, and she did feel better. She just needed to hear that from Suho to know everything was going to be okay. Kai looked over to Hayi with questioning eyes.

--

I do what I want.....I'm sorry ;~;

Points for effort??