Warmth

Jack Frost

Sehun gingerly lifted the clothes Luhan handed him from the floor and quietly walked into the bathroom.

The sheer vastness of the elegant bathroom caught Sehun off guard. He had never been in a cabin before, but he wasn’t expecting the bathroom to be so grand.

Unlike the rest of the home, the bathroom was generously furnished. Multitudes of personal care products and trinkets decorated the large space. A pearly conch shell sat on one edge of the large marble countertop. A sky blue soap dish was placed next to the sink on the countertop, and fragrant sun-shaped soap bars sat neatly in the dish.

Above the countertop was the largest mirror Sehun had ever seen. It took up the entire wall up until the bathtub and shower on the right side and the toilet on the left.

The shower was separate from the bathtub; the shower looked like it was made for more than one person to bathe at once, and the bathtub was just as large. Sehun blushed at the prospect of bathing with Luhan, and mentally cursed when he felt himself react to the thought.

The wall facing the right of the shower and bathtub was composed of two large rectangular windows that could be opened and a large triangular window above them. Sehun felt embarrassed at the thought of showering next windows, but once he looked through them, he saw the area outside shrouded with trees. No one would be able to see through the maze of trees – besides; it wasn’t like anyone else lived in these woods.

Sehun marveled at the immaculate cleanliness of the entire bathroom. There wasn’t a spot of grime on the mirror.

That is, until he stepped into its view.

Sehun frowned at his reflection. It seemed to sully the perfection of Luhan’s home; he was bone-thin, and his face was gaunt. How long had it been since he had eaten a proper meal? The days were too many to count. His hair was oily from days without washing; he wasn’t able to bathe during his transit from Seoul to Shaanxi.

With a sudden prick of self-consciousness, Sehun hoped that he didn’t smell bad. He feverishly prayed that the deodorant he smeared on worked, and that Luhan didn’t find him obnoxious to be around because of his smell.

Finished with ogling the bathroom, Sehun placed the clothes on the countertop.

He had fully stripped himself of the torn clothes he had on when he realized he didn’t have a towel or any toiletries.

Sehun immediately reached to pull his clothes back on to ask Luhan if he could borrow a towel and his personal hygiene products, but Luhan beat him to the punch.

“Sehun, I brought you a towel just in case you need one. I’m going to hang the yellow washcloth on the towel rack for you to wash your face with, and you can use this orange cup and toothbrush to brush your teeth. Let’s see, is there anything else you’ll need… Ah, that’s right – feel free to use anything in the bathroom, except for my toothpaste, you should use this new tube I’m leaving on the counter – oh, I’m sorry…”

Luhan had burst in the bathroom unexpectedly, carrying an armful of amenities which Sehun never owned all at once. As Luhan picked each one out and gently placed it in its designated spot in the orderly bathroom, he had yet to look at Sehun. When he placed the toothpaste tube on the counter, he lifted his head.

He blushed when he saw Sehun’s reflection in the mirror, and quickly looked away.

“Ah… Sorry about that, I’ll knock next time… You can shower or take a bubble bath, whichever one you would like better… The bubble bath is in the cabinet beneath the sink, and there are different scents you can choose from… Ah… Have a nice shower!” Flushed, he quickly made his way out.

“Wait! Ah… Luhan!” Sehun quickly reached out to plant a firm hand on Luhan’s shoulder. Luhan turned around, and blushed harder as he came face-to-face with Sehun’s bare torso.

Sehun had the grace to blush at his impulsive action.

“I just wanted to thank you again…” He smiled, and let his raging hormones take over his next action.

Worries of offensive body odor long forgotten and the fact of being tossed out the window as he pulled Luhan into a tight embrace.

Luhan’s initially cold body fazed Sehun at first, but Luhan quickly heated up as Sehun’s body warmth spread to him. Sehun felt Luhan’s face heat up. Luhan’s entire body felt like it was on fire as Sehun’s bare body made contact with his. He hadn’t felt this warm in a long time.

At first, Luhan’s arms were frozen by his sides. It disappointed Sehun at first, but he was determined to pass on his gratitude towards Luhan through this excuse for an intimate moment.

Luhan’s hands were shaking as he lifted his arms up and clutched Sehun’s . His hands spread open, and he palms rubbed Sehun’s back soothingly. Sehun found himself sighing at the feeling.

Unfortunately, Sehun’s back was not the only part that reacted to Luhan’s closeness.

Luhan felt it and abruptly slid out of their embrace.

“Mm… You’d better shower soon, it’s getting late…” Luhan murmured. Before he turned to leave Sehun, a coquettish smile slipped from his placid features and even more color bloomed in his cheeks.

This, of course, did not go unnoticed by Sehun. Exhaling shakily, he headed towards the shower.

Though taking a bubble bath was new and sounded exciting to him, he promised himself that he would take one eventually.

He would take one with Luhan.

~

Sehun gently shut the bathroom door behind him and slipped surreptitiously into the bedroom, careful not to wake Luhan in the case that he had fallen asleep.

Luhan’s tired and expectant gaze met Sehun’s the moment he walked in, and he smiled sleepily at Sehun.

“Sehun… I got another pillow out for you. We’ll have to share a blanket, though…” Luhan snuggled deeper into the thick ocean-blue blanket, and yawned softly.

“Thanks, Luhan. That’s fine with me, but I hope you don’t mind…” Sehun kneeled onto the other side of the bed beside Luhan, and lifted the blanket to snuggle beside him.

“Not at all…” Luhan murmured drowsily and turned to face Sehun.

With a smile, Luhan whispered, “Good night, Sehun.”

~

Sehun had the most peaceful sleep of his life that night. Somewhere in the midst of their dreams, Luhan and Sehun had found each other. They woke up the next morning with Luhan’s face buried comfortably in Sehun’s chest and Sehun’s arm holding Luhan close, while his chin rested atop Luhan’s soft hair.

Smiling at each other, Sehun whispered, “Good morning, Luhan.”