Who Are You Mystery Knight?

Highschool Never Ends

Kim JaeJoong has been sitting in class trying to avoid looking up from his desk. He has been wary ever since he felt the stare on him, a deep stare that hasn’t backed off. Huffing slightly he pushed up his glasses and fidgeted with his pencil, tapping it on the paper as he tried to listen to the teacher. It was math class, a subject he did not do well in and honestly he was trying to but that feeling of being stared at wouldn’t leave him.

 

Biting his lip he finally in his breath and looked up, his eyes meeting it of the school jock and ruler, Jung Yunho. A blush dusted his cheeks as he quickly look away from those piercing eyes, only to peek once more and realize that Jung Yunho wasn’t looking away, and this time his lips curled into a smirk. Was there something on his face?

 

Jaejoong wiped at his mouth subconsciously and not feeling anything he stared back down at his paper. Suddenly, a wad of paper landed on his desk, causing him to flinch, but he dared not look and see who it was. Yet he timidly took the paper and unfolded it, reading the note very carefully.

 

‘Hey nerd friend,

Don’t forget to sit

With us at lunch in the courtyard today

Kay?

Love you lots,

Yoochun’

 

Rolling his eyes he didn’t need to be reminded, he had gotten in trouble when he accidentally spilt the school’s food monster’s food. Geez, Jaejoong had only split one chip on the ground and he nearly got a black eye if it hadn’t been for a mysterious stranger. But JaeJoong didn’t get a good look on who the stranger was as he had undeniably fainted from fear of Shim Changmin’s wrath.

 

*RIIIIIIIING DING DING DING DING

 

Did that bell just…nah it couldn’t have attempted that song….but at least class is over with!

Making it out to the courtyard Jaejoong smiled as he saw his two best and only friends chatting animatedly under a tree. He slipped his backpack off his shoulder and plumped down on the grass beside them, forming a triangle or as he called it a third wheel.

 

“Hey Junsu, Yoochun.”

 

Junsu stopped and grinned, waving. “Hyung! You remembered to have lunch with us today. In exchange for that you can have Yoochun’s cookie.”

 

“Noooo! Not my lovely duckbutt cookie!”

 

Junsu and Jaejoong blinked at that, trying to picture what a duck- cookie would look like when Junsu had his lightbulb .

 

“Yah! Park Yoochun for the millionth and infinity time I am not a duck-, you however are a greaseball!”

 

Yoochun pouted, trying to look as un-greasy as he could but Junsu would not be swayed, earning a laugh from Jaejoong as he pulled his lunch bag out of his backpack.

 

“I wonder how I became friends with two comedians.” Muttered JaeJoong, who was about to eat his sandwich when he caught his friends glaring at him. “Uhm…mom made extra cupcakes?”

 

“Yes!” Junsu cheered happily when his face fell into a frown as a shadow loomed over the three.

 

“You! Kid who made me drop my chips and got hyung mad at me! Hey….your cupcake looks good….I’ll trade you…No wait…I want both…curses!” The tall shadow cried out in frustration.

 

Jaejoong sighed at the poor food monster, shaking his head. “Here…” He split his cupcake off in half and his fingers free of frosting, pausing as stares ended up on him. “Uhhh….? Wait…your hyung…”

 

Changmin greedily took the cupcake and gobble it up in one bite, shocking everyone, even those not near the group who witnessed the monster’s power. Obviously he was not paying attention to anyone or anything as he the crumbs off his cheeks.

 

“Changmin-ah….” Jaejoong tried again, catching the young man’s eyes.

“Mmm so delicious….

 

“FOOD MONSTER!”

 

That caused everyone to pause as CHangmin eyed JaeJoong, pouting as he was kicked out of his eating reverie. “What do you want?” He asked grumpily.

 

“Who was your hyung that saved me?”

 

Changmin paused in thought. He didn’t skip a grade for no reason. “If you make me cupcakes for a year, I’ll tell you.”

 

JaeJoong frowned. “You are a food monster. Fine. Now tell me?!”

 

“The person who pulled me off you, and my own hyung, is none other than…”

 

“Me.”

--------------------------------------

*Note the school bell ring was supposed to be SHINee's song lol. Fail, I so fail. Gomen. *bows* 

 

Edit: Some of the songfic version of this escaped me sorry for confusion lol