As the Storm Brews

Whispers of the Heart

Hello readers!

I know many of you waited a LONG time for this update. I apologize for making y’all wait. If you don’t all know me by now, my name is YoongieYulInfinity and I am decimo27’s (the original author’s) younger half-sister.

As you know my unnie passed away last year with this work uncompleted. Finishing her uncompleted works has been a challenge for me in the months that have gone by. Even as her sister, I had NO idea where she was heading with these stories. Also she left me no drafts… So I am going try my best and hopefully they end up being somewhat ok…

I hope you all also bear with me in that I am not as talented in writing as my sister. However I will still try my best to finish these stories because leaving them unfinished makes my heart ache.

If any of you have any suggestions on how this story should go, please comment below or leave me a message~ xD

Thank you!

-YoongieYulInfinity 


Yuri stood in the middle of the palace gardens smiling wickedly at the sorceress.

"My dear Enchanted Rose the truth is that ALL I want in this world is you."

Yoona's eyes narrowed.

“What do you want from me General Kwon?”

Yuri snickered and looked at the other woman dead in the eye.

She unleased her magnimus.

The spirals of black surrounded both women and Yuri slowly approached Yoona. With every step she took, the black magnimus began to seep into the doe-eyed woman's skin, chilling her bones.

"I grew up in the darkest parts of the streets. From the moment I could hold a knife, I have killed countless of innocent children. My sins would land me a sentence of eternity in Hell. I would be afraid of my punishment... However I am not. Because I am the devil."

She paused an unleased an explosive cold cloud of black magic. Yoona suddenly saw the visions of all the atrocities that Yuri had committed. The sorceress began to feel sick.

"Every single human is rotten at the core my Lady. That is what I have learned in all my years of being on the streets. We are all governed by greed and power. The only way to attain true happiness is through strength and fear."

The General faced Yoona again, her black magnimus now flickered like a flame.

“You are all I want my Lady. I want to only exterminate all the vermin from this world. You hold the key to what rightfully belongs to me, absolute dominion over all things. With your sight and the power of your magnimus, I will be able to conquer what land that the sun touches. You will be mine Im Yoona.”

The deer clenched her teeth, trying to fight off the visions that Yuri's magnimus was giving her.

“And what makes you think I will be your tool to comman General? I have no intentions to work for you…”

The Black Pearl smiled widely, showing all of her wickedly sharp and white teeth.

“I will make you fall in love with me. You will be mine for all of eternity.”

This time it was the doe-eyed sorceress’s turn to laugh.

Her gay and bright laughter filled the empty garden.

“Make ME fall for you? General Kwon…”

The sorceress looked straight at the General her big doe-eyes now bright blue with her magnimus.

All around the garden, the black spirals of magnimus slowly started to crumble. Instead a sky blue force of magic began to spiral out of the columns and to overpower them.

Yuri began to sweat, trying to summon her magnimus once more. She could not find the power to find anymore to summon however. Realizing this was the sorceress’s power, she gritted her teeth trying to fight it off once again.

But Yoona grinned and suddenly everything was sky blue. Blue was all around them. Everything Yuri saw was blue and she fell to her knees..

 The Black Pearl could only pant tiredly on her knees. The deer smiled triumphantly, lifting Yuri’s chin to face her she smiled.

“General Kwon. You cannot defeat me. Instead I will make you mine.”

The last thing Yuri saw was Yoona's sky blue-eyes bearing into hers.

~~~~

Yuri noticed that everything around her shimmered at her touch.

She realized slowly that this was the sorceress's vision.

A hand touched her shoulder making the dark-skinned woman automatically stand in an attack stance.

But the other person was quick and held Yuri tightly while disarming her.

"Calm yourself Black Pearl. It is only I..."

The General turned to see that it was the sorceress herself.

"We are going to take a little trip into your heart General."

Yuri quickly examined her surroundings and realized it was familiar to her.

Together their vision shifted until they were both standing in the middle of an empty street.

The cries of a chil was all that they could hear.

A little girl who could not be older than three sobbed in an alley

She wore clothes that were rags and she was inhumanely thin.

"O-O-Oppa! Where are you?!?!"

Several feet away from the little girl lay the body of a young boy.

He lay still in a pool of crimson blood.

The General froze.

It was a sight that she was familiar with.

Both women watched as the little girl got up from the dirty streets and walked over to the corpse.

"OPPA! Wake up! I'm hungry!!!"

She continued to wail and clung onto the body.

Yuri's eyes filled with something she was unacustomed to. Tears.

They flowed freely down her cheeks.

Her whole body trembled.

"W-What is the meaning of showing me this?" she snarled.

Yoona was quiet and only stared at the little girl.

She watched as soon the scene filled with many children of all ages dressed in rags.

They began to attack the corpse as if they were a pack of lions.

Using knives, the body was hacked into small pieces.

The little girl screamed but was pushed away abruptly.

Every child's eyes were hollow with hunger.

Blood stained the hands of the mob of starving children as they consumed human flesh.

Soon there was nothing left of the corpse except for its head.

One boy, who could have been no more than 8, gauged the eyes out of the skull.

He walked over to the sobbing little girl. The only one who did not eat.

"Eat. Your brother is gone now. You must eat if you want to survive."

She looked at the eyeballs that rested in his palms, the eyes of her elder brother.

Even though her mind protested, her stomach growled at the thought.

She quickly snatched them and gobbled them down.

The boy smiled and walked away to split the skull open.

From that day on Yuri forgot that she was human.

She was only a pawn created to survive at whatever the stakes were.

Her life could be taken away at any time.

But now she decided to fight.

~~~~

With that the blue magnimus disappeared and the garden was back to its original state.

Yuri was on the ground, tears still wetting her eyes.

But she hurriedly brushed them aside.

The black pearl tried to get up but pain shot up her whole body and she fell back down with a cry.

Yoona slowly walked over and bent down.

She placed her fingers underneath the General's chin, lifting it up to face her.

"Kwon. Yuri. I have now seen who you really are at heart. You are weak."

The deer got up, her robes billowing as she left Yuri on the ground.

~~~~

A few hours late Jessica found her general still lying in the dirt in the garden

The ice-princess walked over with a curious expression on her face.

Yuri was laughing maniaclly to herself with her face in the ground

“I thought I heard laughter... Was that you cackling like a hyena Kwon?”

Yuri continued to laugh.

The ice princess’s expression grew cold.

“May I ask what is so funny General Kwon?”

“I found it Sica! I finally found it!!!”

A strange glint began to glow in the Black Pearl’s eyes as she lifted her head. It was greed.

“I found my most prized possession. It will make me stronger than any other person in the world! I will soon crush all the vermin from the world with this tool! I will be unstoppable Jung! UNSTOPPABLE!!!”

She erupted into fits of laughter once again.

The ice princess gave Yuri a peculiar look as if she thought the general had finally lost her last piece of sanity.

“And just what is this tool Kwon?”

Yuri looked at Jessica dead in the eyes.

Her normal brown eyes were the color of night and only the gleam of greed shown in them.

“The Enchanted Rose.”

~~~~~

Yoona lay in the middle of the temple once again.

Her eyes were closed in concentration and small beads of sweat began to run down her face.

From behind her, Seohyun looked upon her with worry.

The young sorceress’s assistant bit her lip to help calm herself down.

“Seohyun, I can feel you breathing down my neck and it is not helping me to see anything. Will you please tell me what is making you uncomfortable?”

Yoona opened her round doe-eyes, staring straight at Seohyun.

“I do not trust the General my Lady. She is wild and unstable. I do not like that you must spend time together with her…”

The sorceress sighed.

“Neither do I Seohyun. But General Kwon holds a key to all that is meant in my life. She is needed in my life.”

Seohyun’s lips trembled as knelt down at her lady’s feet, tears falling quickly down her face.

“The only thing you need is peace my lady. There is nothing left to figure out in your life. All you need to do is serve the king and live quietly and contently in the palace for the rest of your life. You do not need any of the pain an misery that you go through. Please let General Kwon go!”

Yoona smiled bitterly.

“Even after all these years... After the many times I’ve rejected you… You still love me?”

Seohyun sobbed into her hands.

“I cannot help it my Lady. You are everything that I care for in this world…”

The deer slowly lifted Seohyun’s face from her hands and looked at the young girl straight in the face.

“Seohyun-ah you are young and beautiful; your soul is pure. Mine is tainted with the greed of the humans who have used me. I am not meant to be with you. You deserve someone else who will make you happy.”

“But you are the one that makes me happy my Lady... Why can you not choose me as well?”

“Because my fate is not entwined with yours.”

Seohyun wiped away her tears.

“Fate does not dictate who my heart yearns for and it never will. I am sorry my Lady but I cannot accept that my love for is in vain. I will fight for you and prove to you that I do indeed belong with you.”

Yoona shook her head slowly.

“Seohyun… You waste your tears on me. But I can see that you will not listen. I will only be able to bless you and pray to Heavens that you will not be blinded by the feelings you have for me”

Seohyun left the temple in tears.

The doe-eyed sorceress sighed and closed her eyes once more.

~~~~

Jessica once again stood at the top of the towers.

The wind blew mercilessly, which stung her eyes.

She closed them momentarily and when she opened them up again, she jumped in shock.

Tiffany stood in front of her.

The eye-smiling princess grinned at her.

“I was wondering where you had gone. Why didn’t you come to dinner?”

Jessica cleared .

“I do not like dining with a crowd of people.”

“And why is that? It’s fun eating with everyone! It’s no fun eating by yourself!”

“I do not trust people to be near the food I consume.”

Tiffany giggled at her answer.

“Kekeke. You’re afraid of being poisoned? Why on earth would anyone poison you?”

Jessica looked coldly ahead at the distance.

“There are many privileges that are robbed from one when they live a targeted life.”

“Well no one here is out to kill you. We are a peaceful kingdom. Here, catch!”

Tiffany threw a red apple at Jessica, which the ice-princess caught.

“I promise it isn’t poisoned. You picked it yourself today~! Anyway you should eat something. Good night Jessica! I will see you tomorrow!”

She watched the good-natured princess leave.

Now she was left with an apple and the setting sun.

Tossing the apple in the air several times, Jessica decided to take a chance and have a bite.

It was crisp and sweet.