Sky Blue of the Black Storm & Melting Ice

Whispers of the Heart

Now Yuri sat in front of Yoona ready to unleash her own magnimus.

The general removed her hat, unleashing her long raven hair.

She smirked as she could hear the court whispering about her beauty.

Yuri closed her eyes and let the immense power of her magnimus slowly trickle out.

The throne room was quickly filled with overpowering blackness and coldness.

It filled the spacious room with its bitterness and chilled the people's soul.

The court shivered as the general merely smiled softly.

"You haven't seen anything yet."

Yuri prepared to unleash her powers.

But before she could release the full extent of her magnimus, Yoona stopped her.

The pure sky blue light of her own magnimus pierced through the dark black of Yuri's extinguishing the magic.

Unlike Yuri's wild flame that engulfed everything in sight, Yoona's was warm and gentle, althought firm.

It swirled around the blackness, creating several funnels.

The general was shocked as this was the first time her magnimus was overcome by someone besides Jessica's.

"There's no need to let it all out. I've seen enough General."

Yuri was startled by the sudden command and she looked up to see that Yoona was glaring at her.

"Did you not ask me to unleash my magnimus My Lady?"

"I did not ask anything of you yet General Kwon."

Yuri smirked again.

"Oh how fun... this one has attitude~! No matter, no matter... I will break you soon enough..."

"Hold your tongue Kwon Yuri... I can hear you quite well. You cannot hide your thoughts from me."

The General gaped at Yoona, shocked that her mind had been invaded.

"WHAT KIND OF MAGIC IS THIS?! HOW DID YOU GET INSIDE MY MIND???"

"Magnimus can be used in many ways my dear General. It is not purely a weapon."

"Oh ho... So this is the rumor that everyone talks about. The power of the Enchanted Rose... my my... what a privilege and surprise My Lady... So what have you to tell me?"

"I know why you have come here. I know that you have decieved the king..."

"My it seems you know quite a lot. But why is it then that you have not stopped Sica and I?"

"I am merely blessed with Sight. I don't have the power to change or control it. I can only tell how fortune dictates fate and destiny by twisting them together to form the future."

"Very well... I guess it wouldn't be fun to end out journey here. Go on with your reading."

"... You come seeking for something. You want power. You will surely find it here... But what is that you seek for Black Pearl?"

"My dear Enchanted Rose... for a sorceress I am surprised you haven't figured it out yet... I come for you my dear. You will become my ultimate weapon. With you at my side, I will be unstoppable. I will be able to rule the world~!"

"I see... But I will not go so willingly..."

"Nothing is fun without a fight my dear. Shall we battle for your free will My Lady?"

"Are you going to fight for me General?"

"I will do whatever it takes to deflower the Enchanted Rose and claim you as my own."

"Very well. Then you have only one choice."

"And what is that My Lady?"

"Make me fall in love with you Kwon Yuri..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yoona? My dear rose will you read the General now?" asked the king.

The sorceress and General were in a midst of a stare down for several minutes now.

The court did not know how to react as this was the first time such an event had occurred.

Usually Yoona would merely stare into the magnimus of a subject and be done with it.

She had never unleashed her own magical powers to subdue someone.

But everyone watched as the two were locked in an intense mental battle.

Yuri was slowly starting to tremble and Yoona was loosing color in her cheeks.

The two seemed ready to faint.

Tiffany carefully shook Yoona from her trance.

The doe-eyed sorceress closed her eyes slowly and opened them again.

Unlike her usual shade of brown, they were replaced with sky blue orbs.

Tiffany jumped back in shock.

"Y-Your eyes..."

Yoona ignored the princess.

"I have finishing reading them both Your Majesty."

The king was surprised.

"Already? But you merely stared at her. You didn't even look at her magnimus!"

"There wasn't much to see," responded Yoona curtly.

Yuri growled in discontent but Jessica shushed her.

The ice-princess cleared .

"Thank you for the ritual My Lady. It was quite an experience."

Yoona smiled softly but her smile doon disapeared as she fell into unconsciousness.

She quickly dropped to the floor, while Tiffany rushed to catch her friend.

"YOONA!" exclaimed the princess.

The sorceress didn't respond and the king waved Sulli and Seohyun over.

Tiffany had tears glistening down her face as she handed Yoona over Sulli.

"Yoona! Please wake up!"

"She'll be alright princess. The readings must have tired her out," comforted the king.

The elderly man storked Tiffany's hair as the princess continued to cry.

Sulli and Seohyun struggled with Yoona's limp body.

And to everyone's surprise Yuri stepped forward to help.

"Let me carry her..." said Yuri softly.

The general easily lifted Yoona bridal style.

"G-General Kwon," said Sulli, "please you don't have to. We'll carry her."

Yuri shook her head.

"I want to. Now lead me to where she can rest."

"Please General, the girls can carry her there. It is there duty to do so. You can stay," said the king.

Sulli and Seohyun stepped forward again.

"We'll take her. Our Lady is our responsibility."

Yet this time Yuri lost her temper.

Her black aura started to leak again creating a dangerous atmosphere.

"I said I WOULD carry her now lead me to her room!" she snarled.

Seohyun and Sulli gulped nervously and quickly led Yuri away.

Tiffany watched in shock.

"Daddy what if she hurts Yoona?" she asked panicked.

The king also looked on with worry but Jessica comforted them.

"Do not worry Your Highnesses. Although General Kwon is violent and wild, I can gurantee that she will not hurt Yuri."

"And what makes you say that Your Highness?" asked Tiffany, her eyes b with tears again.

Jessica gently wiped away Tiffany's tears.

"Kwon Yuri never backs away from a challenge princess."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiffany once again stood in the middle of the market place with food ready to feed the people.

The line was always very large but today it seemed especially bigger.

Perhaps it had something to do with who had decided to acompany her.

*Flashback*

"What?! What did you just say daddy?" asked Tiffany.

Jessica also stood in shock as she couldn't believe what the king had just told her.

"My goodness you too Jessica?" said the king. "Did you father not tell you?"

Jessica shook her head.

"He only told me to head to the South Kingdom where I shall recieve my mission..."

The king chuckled.

"Well what a fine and easy mission then. All you have to do is marry my daugther~!"

*End of flashback*

Tiffany sighed deeply as she stared at Jessica.

She didn't mind the arranged marriage. After all she was a princess she expected it to happen.

But this was too sudden and especially to Jessica Jung....

They were polar opposites of each other...

How were they every going to figure this out?

Jessica Jung stood solemnly by her side, expressionless.

She was also deep in her thoughts.

What was her step-father planning?

An arranged marriage with Tiffany?

How was this going to work?

How would this help Krystal?

~~~~~~~~~~~

The eye-smiling princess sighed for the nth time that morning when Jessica yet again sent a small boy scurrying back.

Tiffany pouted.

It wasn't that she didn't enjoy Jessica's company.

In fact she loved the fact she could share the joy of caring and giving with someone else, especially if it was her future spouse.

Yet she didn't like the fact that her people were now scared of Jessica.

If the people were scared, she couldn't relate with them.

"Hey Jessica-ssi?"

Jessica quickly looked at her.

"Call me Jessica, princess."

"It's Fany or Tiffany, Jessica... ummm could you maybe stop doing that?"

Jessica looked at her puzzled.

"Stop what?"

Tiffany frowned.

"Scowling and looking unhappy. You're making everyone nervous..."

The ice-princess froze.

She observed the open market before her.

It should have been a place filled with bustling people and warm chatter.

With the stalls selling fresh goods and luxurary items, the people should have been happy.

Yet everything was eerily quiet and everyone seemed to be staring at her.

Jessica realized she had made a mistake.

"I-... I'm sorry Tiffany... I was merely doing my duty by protecting you. I didn't realize I was causing you trouble..."

She frowned, which made the princess giggle quietly.

Tiffany found the confudled Jessica quite cute and very human, much better than the human statue she had been spending time with.

"That's okay Jessica, you just need to smile~! Here just follow my lead!"

A little boy of seven came forward, trembling.

His clothes were covered in mud and his nose was runny.

Jessica found him dirty and useless.

So she watched in shock as Tiffany knelt down and took out her own hankerchief.

"Hello little man! It seems that you have gotten your face all dirty..."

The princess carefully wiped away the snot and grime off of the boy's face.

"There much better! Now everyone can see you beautiful face!"

The boy frowned.

"No one wants to see me. My own mother kicked me out of the house. She said she didn't need me..."

Tears started to run down his small cheeks and Jessica fought the urge to slap the boy.

In her kingdom he would be inducted into the army immediately and trained to control emotions.

They didn't accept babbling baby boys.

Tiffany however did not notice Jessica's uncomfort as she carefully hugged the small boy.

"There there... there is no need to cry my little man. You are such a strong and brave boy. You mustn't listen to the hateful words of others. No matter what anyone else says, you must never forget that I believe in you. You're going to grow up into such a handsome man. I can promise you that! But in order to do so you mush stop crying. Can you do that for me?"

The little boy sniffled but he swallowed his sobs and wiped away the tears.

"What is your name little one?"

"C-Caleb..."

"Well then Caleb, do you have a place to stay tonight?"

He shook his head and Tiffany sent him an eye-smile.

"Then you shall follow my guard here. You are welcome to stay at the palace. How would you like to become a soldier Caleb?"

Caleb's eyes grew wide and he smiled.

"My daddy was a soldier~! He died in a great battle though... Perhaps I can grow up and be brave just like him!"

Tiffany chuckled.

"Perhaps but until then you have much training to do... Stay at the military school Caleb. They will feed you and train you. And when it is time you can choose your own destiny."

Caleb nodded and eagerly followed the soldier who led him away.

The princess watched Caleb go, a gently smiled playing on her lips.

Jessica watched the scene unfold in shock.

And she continued to do so as Tiffany greeted every single one of her subject who had gotten in line.

The princess patiently listened to every single story and treated everyone with the same respect she gave Caleb.

Everyone recieved help and they soon left on their merry way.

Soon Sooyoung had to call Tiffany back to the palace as it was time to go back.

The line did not get any shorter.

In fact it had grown.

Tiffany frowned at the sight and reluctantly followed Sooyoung back into the castle.

Jessica followed silently.

"W-Why did you do it?"

The princess was startled by the sudden question.

"Do what?"

"Why did you help all those people?" asked Jessica with her eyes wide. "They could have been just playing with your charity..."

Tiffany shrugged and gave Jessica a smile.

"Perhaps, but I like to believe in the goodness of a person. I want give everyone a benefit of a doubt and a chance to set things right. I may not be able to interfere with their fates but I want to give them as many opportunities to succeed. Everybody makes mistakes but very few people are there to forgive everyone. Nothing comes about by blaming each other..."

"In my kingdom we would have ignored all the cries of the people we heard today. They should learn how to fend for themselves. Life's winners are the fighters. And all the children wandering in the streets would go straight to military school, no exceptions. Discipline must be bred into them as early as possible."

Tiffany frowned.

"That sounds very sad... Although it is true that the winners are usually the fighters, sometimes it's better to loose."

Jessica was confused.

"What do you mean?"

"We don't learn unless we make mistakes. And if no one gives us a chance after our mistake are made, how are we to grow up to become winners? When we're pushed down, we need a helping hand back up. If the king and I aren't there to provide it, what good is our kingdom to become? A kingdom is only as strong as its people."

The ice-princess was speechless and she froze in her tracks.

Tiffany smiled again and reached out to take Jessica's hands in her own.

"Come on, we still have to visit the orphanage. I hope you like kids~!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona tossed and turned in her sleep.

She was sweating heavily as if she were having a nightmare.

Occasionally she would whimper and mumble underneath her breath.

Sulli and Seohyun did their best to comfort their sorceress but it didn't do much to help her.

Yuri on the other hand sat at Yoona's bed side with her arms crossed.

She tapped her foot impatiently as she observed the girl on the bed.

"Is she always like this?" asked Yuri, making Seohyun jump in shock.

"N-No... my lady doesn't usually faint. But she has not been feeling well since this morning..."

"What is your name girl?"

"S-S-Seohyun... and this is Sulli..."

"How long have you known Yoona?"

"Since I was a little girl... it has always been my task to serve her..."

"Then answer me this. Why is her magnimus so different from my own?'

Seohyun did not have answer as she shook her head.

"Our Lady trains herself privately. I do not know how she controls her magnimus..."

Yuri frowned and went back to staring at Yoona who had finally quieted down.

Why are you so much more stronger than I am?

Yet you've collapsed so easily...

Your body is fragile but your magnimus so powerful.

What is your secret Im Yoona?

 And what do you know of the future?"