oo6: Happy Days

You are the Only One

Right now, Jung Jinyoung seems to be the happiest man on the face of the earth.

Maybe it’s the skipping around the neighbourhood that makes a passerby think that the young adolescent might not have a care in the world. Or maybe it’s the endless grinning he keeps on doing when he sees random people pass by. He won’t let anything stop him. Not the fact that you stood him up on Valentines [what could he do? He was pulled along by Hae Won-]. Nor not answering his messages and calls. Not even for the migraine brought by last night’s bottles of sojus from worrying like hell as your sister tells him you’re not home yet when it’s already 11:45 pm.

But none of those can stop him from smiling and skipping happily towards a certain best friend’s house.

It’s Saturday. It’s yours and his day. There would only be you and him for the whole day starting from 9 am.

And there would be no hangovers, no ignoring, and no standing each other up, not even for a Sandeul or a Hae Won. Nothing would ruin this day.

He spots the familiar white facade of your apartment building and quickly makes his way towards the floor of the shared flat between you and your married sister. Jinyoung rocks on the balls of his heels as he waits for the elevator to land on the sixth floor. The elevator music was always cheesy, especially during the holidays, but he can seem to find a beat with the corny music as he starts humming along and bopping his head untimely with the rhythm.

The ding seems to make him happier than ever and he rushes out of the elevator and towards the flat you shared with your sister. Jinyoung knocks three times and knocks a beat once no one immediately responses. “Aigo! Calm down, I’m coming!” someone calls out and Jinyoung stops himself from knocking onto someone’s forehead instead of the wooden door.

“Noona!” he cheerily calls out as he holds out his arms wide and envelops her in a light hug, the bulge from her stomach preventing him from hugging her any tighter. “Aigo~ your baby is getting bigger~” he coos, kneeling down to press his ear towards Eun Mi’s stomach. “At the rate this is going I’ll be forced to call you ahjumma instead!”

“YAH.” She calls out and smacks him hard on the head, causing him to fall flat on his behind. “Aish! This kid,” she glares, not amused by Jinyoung’s antics. “I’m kidding noona~ we’re only seven years apart!” he says truthfully doing his best puppy dog eyes and pout to try and convince her. She rolls her eyes before offering her hand towards him, “Get up, dongsaeng, I don’t want the neighbours thinking I’m a child abuser.”

Jinyoung grins and takes her hand, helping himself up. “Thanks, noona.” He says as she steps aside for him to go inside the apartment, taking off his shoes and using the slippers marked as his instead. “Make yourself at home,” she says mockingly with a roll of her eyes. He smells something pleasant from the kitchen and drops his bag on the couch before following the delectable aroma that is Eun Mi’s home cooking. “Something smells delicious, noona!” he says, grinning before looking over at the stove, onto the sizzling meat and boiling sauce of something he doesn’t know, but it sure smells like heaven.

“Hands off, Jinyoung; I’m slaving over a hot stove for Hyun Jae today and you are not getting any. You and ______-ah will be out for the whole day anyway.” Jinyoung’s ears perk up at the sound of Kim Hyun Jae, Eun Mi’s husband and future father of the child she’s currently carrying.

Eun Mi had already been married for 2 years already, to her own best friend and one and only, Kim Hyun Jae. Both of them had an undeniable love for kids, and wanted their own, but because of her husband’s job, he was rarely ever home at all. Fortunately, five months ago, she was announced to be pregnant, Hyun Jae took on less of a work load and came home from working abroad every two months for at least a week.

“Hyung’s coming back today?” he asks stealing a bit of the kimchi left on the side. Eun Mi just stares fondly at a picture held up by a magnet on her refrigerator door; it was their wedding picture, a selca taken by Hyun Jae himself, who was a known photographer and occasional model. Jinyoung may be dense, but he it won’t take an expert to figure out how much Eun Mi adores her husband.

If only love were really that easy.

Eun Mi doesn’t respond and stares off into a trance instead. Jinyoung cracks a grin and flips over the cooking meat for her, the sizzle seems to make the older girl realize that she was, in fact, still cooking and grins sheepishly at Jinyoung. She takes the spatula and handle of the pan and expertly flips and presses the meat when necessary. “I’ll take it from here; wake up ______, will you?”

Jinyoung nods before looking over at their medicine cabinet, “Do you have...?” he trails off before brightening and taking the bottle of aspirin, popping it open and picking one of the pills. Eun Mi seems to know what he’s thinking and hands him a glass of water before he can even ask. “1:30 AM.” She says simply, before turning back to her cooking, her lips pursed in an effort to not explode in front of the brunette right now.

Jinyoung nods and slips quietly away from the kitchen. Truthfully, as much as Eun Mi loves her sister, returning home at 1:30 AM without Jinyoung being dragged along was something the older woman did not approve at all. Older sisters worry too, especially if it’s only the two of you now.

He trudges down the hall and passes by several photos and paper full of colourful oil pastel or dark charcoal either taped or stapled to the wall that lead up to the last room at the end of the hall, the room of doom, also known typically as your room. He smiles at every little piece of art decorating the whole apartment flat, all made by one person; you.

Jinyoung never understood why you suddenly didn’t go to that Art University in the states when they offered you a scholarship just before you graduated from high school. Art is your passion, it’s your life. From photography to sculptures, and you were the best too. Every contest you enter, at least one of the judges would favour your work. But he wasn’t complaining; he loved the fact that you had wanted to enter into WM University with him instead of going abroad.

The thought of you away from him killed him, bit by bit.

He finds himself face to face with your room, the door thankfully open by a crack. With both of his hands occupied, one holding a glass of water and the other the pill of aspirin on the other, he kicks the door open, not bothering to even make a stealthy approach as he loudly makes his way over to your bed, careful not to step on any of the masterpieces in progress scattered on your floor. “Rise and shine, beauty queen!” he calls out, setting down the glass on your bedside table and the pill on top of a Kleenex pack right in front of a picture of you, him, Eun Mi and Hyun Jae in front of Lotte World, just before the two had gotten engaged.

You groan in frustration, squirm to a more comfortable position, your head buried to your pillow and stay still once more. Jinyoung raises a brow before his pout becomes a smirk. “Agassi, wake up!” he calls again, still no response. His smirk grows wider as he takes off the slippers and readies himself. “Oh, ______-ah, wake up~” he counts, one, two three, nothing.

He grins madly like a child and jumps. “AIGO!” you yell out, his full on weight on top of yours. “Wake up, ahjumma~” he laughs, pinching your cheeks as you turn to look back on your shoulder. “Jung Jinyoung...” you groan and attempt to throw him off of yourself, “Song ______~” he mocks and refuses to get off, squishing you under his weight.

He continues to laugh as you spout curses and complaints here and there. But he doesn’t care about it all and just wishes the times like these would never end. Finally, you manage to get him off finally and he rolls on his back beside you, laughing like a mad man over nothing. You sigh and flip over, managing to lay over his upper arm before laughing with him.

The laughing fades and a comfortable silence surround both of you. It takes another minute or two before his arm starts feeling numb and he shifts his position, “Yah, go shower already, we’re late as it is.” He says nudging you with his arm. You roll your eyes and get off him, taking the glass he had graciously given you and swallowing the pill with water.

“Aren’t I just sweet?” he jokes, propping himself up with his elbows as he grins at you. “Yes, very. Giving a girl aspirin for her hang over as compensation for jumping her is probably the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done.” You say, sarcasm dripping with every word. Jinyoung laughs and tells you to hurry up already, “The supermarket opens in 10~ hurry!” he says. More eye rolling from you before rummaging through your closet for something suitable to wear.

“Remember to look pretty, ahjumma~ you’re going out with me today!” he calls out, passing you the towel by throwing it to your head as you head to the bathroom across from your room. “Whatever, ahjussi~” you reply with a laugh. Jinyoung laughs back before laying back on your bed with a child like grin complementing his face, taking in the unique aroma from your pillow.

Lavenders and honey; completely you.

And if he could spend every day like this with you, he really would be the happiest man on earth.

.oOo.___.oOo.___.oOo.___.oOo.___.oOo.

A/N: Oh, wow. How long has it been since I last updated? Two weeks? D: Oh, I'm really sorry! Adjusting to school life and fake friends that make life all the more tier has been keeping me busy. But hey, at least there's an update, right? :D? It's basically in Jinyoung's point of view, so he might not be too much of a jerk as we thought~ Hahaha. :)

Comments, subscriptions and adding me as a friend would be love! :) I don't bite~ don't worry. Haha Thanks a lot for reading!
[P.S. has everyone seen the 'Only Learned the Bad Things' MV? Very much adorable, especially if your a Baro stan!]