oo3: Liar

You are the Only One

Tick tock, tick tock.

Your fingers drum the surface of the table, warily glancing around the entrance and the couples surround you. Every once in a while, you check the clock hanged carefully. 7:30, it read. Jinyoung is 30 minutes late. You were 30 minutes early.

“Agasshi,” the waitress calls out to you. You’ve been in the restaurant for an hour already, no sign of the brunette at all. “Agasshi, your order is getting cold, should we serve it?” she asks meekly, tilting her head to the side. Already, you ordered in advance, it has been a tradition for the two of you to go on a dinner date for Valentines and you know exactly what he wants anyway. Smiling, you shake your head at her, “Five more minutes, please.” You plead. The girl looks at you sympathetically but nods anyway and moves off to another table to assist a couple who asked for their picture to be taken.

He’ll come. But even you don’t sound too convinced anymore. Sighing, you check your phone, no message, no missed call.

Great, you didn’t even properly confess yet you still get rejected.

You look to the side and see your reflection and you frown in distaste. Once you had gotten over yourself back in Jinyoung’s apartment, you went straight home, determined to doll up perfectly for your traditional Valentines date. It isn’t like you, but he seems to like cute, feminine girls. You begged your older sister for her black, peep-shoulder cocktail dress with the matching three inch heels [thank God you two were the same size]. Your hair was carefully curled in the end, giving off an elegant look. You even went so far as to put on some light make up and dab a little perfume.

Definitely not like you.

You sigh again and turn to leave when a bouquet of 20 mixed roses, pink and orange, 10 of each, accompanied by several clusters of white baby’s breath and greens wrapped in white and pink thin semi-transparent paper is shoved to your face. “What is...” you gape at the figure kneeling in front of you as he holds out the bouquet to your face as you breathe in the scent. You take away the bouquet from his hand and find yourself staring down at a white stuffed bear covering his face.

People start to stare at the two of you but you can only laugh, holding back tears of happiness. You do the only thing that comes to your head [besides ripping away the stuffed toy from his face and smothering him with kisses], you grab the bouquet and smack his head lightly with the flowers. “Aigo!” He yells, holding his head before standing up to full height, pouting.

“You idiot, I thought you weren’t coming!” you yell, flustered and wiping away tears threatening to fall, hoping he doesn’t see. Jinyoung grins at the other people before sitting across from you, “Me? Break our tradition? Come on, ______-ah, we’ve been doing this for what? 5 years?” he laughs and presents the white bear again to you. You look at it lovingly before cradling it in your arms, leaving the flowers to your side.

Bet Hae Won didn’t get a stuffed toy. Hah.

“I guess,” you say, waving over the waitress and asking to heat and bring out the food. She nods and smiles at you and Jinyoung before going back to the kitchen. “What? What’s with that face?” he asks before leaning closer to you, scrunching up his face as he stares at you. “Nothing,” you say nonchalantly and lean back in your seat, “Did you actually think I wouldn’t come?” he asks incredulously. “Or...” he leans in closer and motions you to do the same. You do so and stop with your noses almost centimetres apart; you raise an eyebrow mockingly as he smirks. “...you’re jealous.” He laughs at your stunned expression before cupping your cheeks and planting a kiss on your forehead.

“Aigo, this kid! Don’t you know, ______-ah? You are my only one~”

He just didn’t know how much those five words meant to you.

.oOo.

“Hey, you know, I’ve been thinking,” you start off once both of you were finished.

This was it, no turning back. “Yeah, about what?” he asks, his fork half way to his mouth as he takes another piece of cake. “You know, this- us – our tradition,” you say consciously, not meeting his eyes. You try to focus on stirring the straw to your shake, but still you feel flustered. Just thinking about it seems to send the butterflies abuzz. Jinyoung seems to sense your nervousness as he puts down his fork and instead looks at you intently. “What if- what if we make it real?” you suddenly ask and hold your breath as you look him in the eyes.

He doesn’t say a word and instead frowns, “Huh?” he asks before laughing, trying to lighten the mood. “Well,” you continue, ignoring the laugh and look away. “What if- what if next year, you’ll finally find that girl- the one – and, I’ll be left alone.” You say truthfully. Jinyoung snorts and shakes his head, “You mean what if you finally find a guy and leave me alone.” You look at him frowning, “That’s not true!”

I’ve already found a guy; you.

He smiles at you like you’re some amusing TV show he managed to catch. “Aigo, is ______-ah really worried I’ll replace her?” You don’t answer and he figures this must be another of your jealousy fits, afraid you’ll lose your best friend. “You wanna know a secret?” he asks and motions you to lean closer again. You hold his gaze as you lean in again, your noses almost touching once more.

“That will never happen,” he says quietly, sincerely. You find yourself unable to look away from his familiar brown eyes. Never has Jinyoung been so serious, eerily calm. Nonetheless, he smiles and rubs his nose gently with yours, laughing. “You’re my number one, ______-ah, my only one.”

He pulls away and motions for a waitress, he asks for the bill before finishing his cake as if nothing happened. “Oh yeah- you got any more plans for later tonight?” You shake your head, still dazed. “Good- I wanna introduce you to someone.” He says grinning at you before accepting the receipt from the waitress.

And as you smile and sit across from him, watching as he pulls out several bills to pay both of your meals, as he pulls out your chair and offers his arm as he carries the stuffed bear he gave you in his free hand, during the drive to the club that the others seemed to be waiting at, there’s only one thing you that comes across your head;

Liar.

.oOo.___.oOo.___.oOo.___.oOo.___.oOo.

A/N: I actually find it funny people are calling Jinyoung a jerk. Hahaha. It's not his fault he's dense [in this fic anyway].
Oh yes, 20 roses mean "I am sincere towards you, believe me." and ten means that, to the giver, the receiver is perfect. Orange roses actually mean a secret love. Hmmm. Maybe Jinyoung isn't as dense as he seems to be. Haha
Subscriptions and comments would be a great joy for me~ and would push me to update more frequently. Haha. Thanks for reading! :)

[P.S.: Should I just do a poster? Or just leave it blank? Also, dunno if you guys noticed, but the story is actually leaning more to the song 'Bling Girl' {which, ironically, Jinyoung composed} rather than 'Only One'. Haha. I definitely recommend both songs though!]
[P.P.S.: Nevermind, I got a poster {+a background} anyway. Hahaha. If it's no good, just tell me. I'll take it off~ :)]