oo4: Drinking Buddy

You are the Only One

You shouldn’t have come.

You should’ve tossed the heels away. You should’ve changed into comfortable clothing, a loose t-shirt and some sweats or a blouse and jeans. You should’ve taken heed to your sister’s advice and went home straight after he gave your bouquet to someone else. You should’ve stayed in bed all day, listening to heartbreaking FT. Island songs.

So why, were you sitting alone right now, watching as everyone you knew danced to the beat blaring through the speakers. You sigh as you continue to stare at the pair dancing next to each other in the middle of the dance floor. Jinyoung had introduced you to Hae Won earlier and she was everything you dreamed to be.

She was petite and pretty, with a heart shaped face, big doe like eyes and long, naturally wavy hair. Porcelain skin and contoured body line, an absolute image of a goddess.

Oh how you wanted to splash a bucket of cold water to her perfectly made up face.

Thankfully, she dragged him out to the dance floor and left you alone with CNU and two other guys he didn’t get to introduce. The two later introduced themselves as Jinyoung’s dongsaengs, Baro, who was older than you, and Gongchan, the maknae. But soon, chatter wasn’t enough and the others had gone to the dance floor themselves. CNU, that sweetheart, had asked if you wanted to join them, you only took a glance towards Hae Won and Jinyoung’s direction, but seeing as the two were just so into each other and there was no chance Jinyoung would ever get jealous, you had to decline.

And now there you are, sitting by your lonesome as you watch over your table. You groan and look at your watch, only 10 pm, would Jinyoung notice if you sneak out now? You glance by their direction and immediately wished you didn’t, they were moving to a slow song, looking at each other with love filled eyes and smiles even when the music blaring is some techno remix.

That’s it, you needed a drink.

“One bottle of soju, my good man.” You tell the bartender, slumping in the counter’s chair. He gives you a sympathetic look but gives you the bottle and a shot glass. You grumble thanks before pouring yourself a shot; you raise the glass and mumble a half hearted, “cheers,” before downing it in one gulp.

This is exactly what you need.

The alcohol in it slightly burns your throat, you weren’t one to drink really, but it just feels so right. A couple more shots later with your bottle half empty, a guy decides to give you some company. “Yakju, please.” His voice sounds tired with life, and yet, still so melodic and sweet. You spare some of your time by checking him out with the corner of your eyes. He was probably around your age, with shaggy highlighted brown hair and a somewhat defined face. Something seems familiar about him but you can’t quite put your finger on it. His eyes seem lonely as he thanks the bartender before popping open his yakju bottle and pouring himself some of the drink.

At least you weren’t the only miserable one on Valentines.

You hurriedly pour some of your soju into the shot glass as well before raising it. You let out a grave sigh before mumbling loud enough for him to hear, “Happy valentines,” you glance at him sideways and find his lips curled into a crooked smile. He raises his shot glass as well before turning to you, “Not such a happy Valentines now, is it?” he asks before downing his drink. He reaches for his pocket and pulls out a cluster of white baby’s breath.

Your eyes widen a bit at the flower before turning back to the young man sitting next to you. He was the angry guy at the park, so that’s why he seems familiar. You laugh at the irony of it all, the guy was so angry earlier and now it seemed like you were the one who had issues. You nudge your shot glass towards him, “Happy valentines,” you say more cheerily before downing your own drink. “Rough valentines?” he asks, swirling his shot glass. “You have no idea,” you mumble in reply.

He chuckles a bit before downing another shot, “Probably nothing compared to mine.” You look at him and only nod in response. You did this every year anyway; you should’ve been used to it already. “My best friend just introduced the perfect girlfriend and I’m so scared,” you say truthfully, letting the words spill out. He smiles apologetically, as if he was Jinyoung, as if he was the one breaking your heart into a million pieces. “Hey, if you’re a real friend, you’d be happy he found the one.” He says, and you sigh.

Why can’t Ibe the one?

You open your mouth to retort but said best friend just went up and hugged you from behind, causing you to flush in embarrassment as the guy next to you laughs hard. Jinyoung grins at you before ruffling the other guy’s hair, “Hey, man!” he says before looking at the both of you with an amused smirk. “I see you two know each other?” he asks warily nudging your elbow and winking at the guy from the park. He laughs before shaking his head, “Not really, but she made my Valentines a little less y,” he says sincerely, twirling the cluster of baby’s breath with his fingers.

You automatically smile back at his sweetness, how this guy could get a worse valentine’s day than you, you have no idea. “I’m ______, nice to meet you!” you say, offering your hand. He takes it and instantly, you feel a little bit warmer. He shakes your hand before showing you a smile, “Call me Sandeul,”

Jinyoung eyes you two before pointing an accusing finger, “Is there something I’m not getting...?” he asks before nudging at Sandeul, “Yah, what’s this huh, lover boy? I never granted you permission to flirt with my best friend!” he says with a playful punch to his dongsaeng’s shoulder.

The girl beside him clears and Jinyoung introduces her as Hae Won. Hae Won flashes a smile to Sandeul which he responds with a curt nod. He sends you a look asking if this was what you were talking about. Your response was downing another shot of soju.

Jinyoung regretfully leaves you two alone when Hae Won asked him to meet her friends as well.

You sigh and Sandeul can only stare at you. He looks back at the others, now exhausted from dancing like maniacs and sitting around the round table. The brunette fishes out his wallet and slaps a 10000 won bill on the counter, gaining your attention. “You know, I’ve never really liked clubs,” he says and you chuckle light heartedly, “Yeah, too loud.” You complain.

He smiles at you before standing up to full height and motioning to the double doors leading towards the exit, “Wanna go somewhere then?” he asks with an outstretched hand and you can only grin back in response, taking his hand and hopping off the counter stool, leaving behind both of your half-empty bottles.

You don’t even take a single look back to see the hurt on Jinyoung’s eyes as he watches the both of you leave the club, hand in hand.

.oOo.___.oOo.___.oOo.___.oOo.___.oOo.

A/N: D: I wasn't able to update yesterday, hmmm. Hopefully I'll do a double update today? :D? My classes start next Tuesday, so.... D: make the best out of the rest of my days, I suppose? :)
Also, I'm not one to drink at all, still underaged. So forgive me if soju doesn't really taste like that D:
Comments, subscription, even adding me as a friend! XD All of those are greatly appreciated~! Thanks! :)