three

Cover Girl

chapter three


Suzy led us to the pier thirty minutes from headquarters. I admit, I was in a bit of daze coming here because I wasn’t exactly sure why I was there with her. I knew I wasn’t going to be leaving her alone any time soon.

She stood right on the very end of the pier, not holding onto the railing. Her arms were lifted in motion, like a bird spreading its wings. Her eyes were shut as if to enjoy the calm yet empty breeze of the sea, and was lifted in a content smile. I watched her of course, I couldn’t really do anything else, but I just stood there, watching and taking in the beauty of her freedom.

We were there for about twenty minutes, completely in silence, until she decided to speak.

“I’m sorry for dragging you out here with me,” she says, her voice quiet and sincere. “But I honestly needed to get away from-“

“It’s okay!” I squeak a little, only because I haven’t used my voice in a while. I blush when I realize how unmanly I sounded…but she doesn’t seem to mind because she’s smiling wider now. “I mean,” I cough. “I don’t mind. Whatever takes your mind off of things.” Way to sound manly, Myungsoo, I mentally facepalm. “But, if you don’t mind me asking- what was wrong?”

She shakes her head. “Nothing.” I don’t believe her one bit but it would be too intrusive of me to push her.

“I felt like you were in trouble back there…” It comes so naturally out of my mouth, I didn’t even think before speaking. I might have caught her by surprise though because of the immediate gleam in her eyes. There was a sense of regret and alarm and I had no idea why.

“I sometimes need to get away from large crowds of people,” she laughs. “but it’s a bit ironic since I’m kinda famous.” Kinda? Slap me in the face, Suzy, you’re basically the most famous woman in all of Korea right now.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” I watch her, unable to tear my eyes away from her presence. I’m terrified that this may just be a dream and that I’ll wake up any moment feeling so dumb. There’s always that possibility…and I hope this is real.

She nods but there’s a frown on her face. “I’m fine.” No, you’re far from it.

I’m so nervous; I start playing with my hands and pretend that I’m having a thumb-wrestling match with myself. It’s a distraction from the slight tension between us, though I’m not sure to why I’m so nervous when nobody’s talking.

I don’t know…there’s something really off about her. I feel like there’s a shadow following Suzy.

“I think we should go back now…” I scratch at the back of my neck. “We’ll both get into trouble-“

She turns to me and my knees slightly tremble. She’s smiling, but there’s something dark behind it. I’m so confused. “I’ll tell you something one day, as thanks for accompanying me today. A secret,” she whispers as she steps closer to me. I gulp. “nobody else knows.”

“S-s-s-sure thing!” I stammer and squeak. Oh my god, kill me now. “I mean, yeah, okay.”

“Nice save.” She laughs at me. I blush and take great interest in looking down at my feet. “Wait- before we go back, can I ask you to do something for me?”

“Anything.” I say a little too quickly.

She continues smiling. “Can you forget this whole…thing happened? Can you pretend that you have no idea who I am the next time we meet, at the photoshoot?”

My hands start becoming numb. “W-what?” I understood what she asked me, but I know it can never happen. This was the first time I’d met Suzy by myself, so I think it’ll be impossible to forget.

Her breaths become deeper and I search helplessly for a meaning behind her words. “I feel like you’re someone – the only one – who I can trust to not know me the way other people claim to know me. Do you understand what I’m trying to say?”

“Not really.” I reply, deflated.

“In order to…get to know me, I want you to forget anything you’ve ever heard about me prior to what I’m saying now, forget anything you think of me as a celebrity, and just know me as a person.”

Suzy, I’m so confused.

“B-but I-“

And there she goes again, looking at me with those fearful eyes that had tried to tell me something before but failed. What exactly is she thinking? What was behind those eyes that could cause so much confusion in me? Usually I’m quite good at reading people- but right now…right now, she was impossible.

“The next time we meet, I’ll tell you everything. Goodbye, Myungsoo.”

Before I even had time to blink and breathe, she walked away. I’m not going to follow her this time, knowing she doesn’t want me to.

I sigh heavily, thoughts exploding inside my head. My hands clutch at my hair and it feels as if I’m about to tear them out. I want to so badly tell Sungyeol all of this, but I know he wouldn’t know what to do either.

What the hell just happened?!

-

SUZY'S POV.

Myungsoo is a really nice person, and I feel sorry that he has to deal with someone like me.

As I turn the corner, about to make my way back to the magazine building, I see a familiar face hanging outside the front entrance. Immediately, I stop and hide behind a large advertisement post.

He’s following me again… I shake my head, unwilling to take a step forward and instead, I begin walking backwards steering away from the building. He’s the reason I keep running away. And no one else knows.

But I had – have – hope in a single person who may be the only one I can tell…but I’m afraid if he knows everything, he’ll be in trouble too.

I run far away from INFINITE’s building, keeping my head down in case I’m recognized, until I find a small café on the far end of the street. I walk in, smiling at the workers but still keeping my head down. I sit in the far booth and take out my phone.

‘I’m not feeling well right now, so I took a taxi home. Sorry I didn’t tell you beforehand.’ I send the text to my manager, who must be wondering where the heck I am now, and frown when I realize that running away even more was wrong. Still, I didn’t feel like facing the problem right now.

Minutes later, I get a text back…only it’s not from my manager. It’s unknown, like always.

‘I’m waiting for you.’

I quickly shut my phone and throw it on the table, unable to hold it anymore. I’m in so much trouble right now.

I close my eyes, burying my head in my hands and lean my arms on the table. One of the waitresses asks if I need anything and I shake my head. No one can tell it’s me and I’m glad. When she leaves me alone, I have the oddest feeling that I’m being watched. But I can’t recognize anybody here…

I need to tell someone, and quickly. I need someone to know and understand and help me. I need-

“Suzy!” I yelp to myself at the sound of my name being called and I look up cautiously to see a rather breathless Myungsoo panting his way into the café. I stare in shock-horror as the customers stare at him. He takes notice of the attention and quickly covers it up. “Yah, Su…min!”

I breathe a sigh of relief when he fakes my name. Nobody recognizes me and goes back to chattering amongst themselves. He walks over to me and sits down on the chair opposite me in the booth.

I open my mouth to talk, but he frowns at me. “I need to get something straight.” I don’t reply. “What’s a person like you doing running away from their own job?”

If you knew, you’d hate me. “Please…” I whisper. “I can’t tell you.”

He shakes his head, his eyebrows furrowing. “I can help you with whatever it is and I promise not to tell a soul!”

He can help. My conscience takes over, absorbing his words. But it’s not the right time… “I told you I’d tell you another time.”

“I need to know now, Suzy.” He says firmly.

I take time in replying, occupying the silence by studying him. He definitely looks like a man right now. He’s very handsome, actually. I don’t think many people would think that though, but he really is. He has naturally smoldering eyes that stare at you so passionately…he’s a photographer, all right. He has the look in his eye that just about speaks art.

“If I tell you now, promise me you’ll forget today even happened the next time we meet.” I look into his eyes for understanding. “That’s all I ask of you right now.”

He nods and I begin telling him my story. He listens so carefully that it’s comfortable for me to talk.

I take a deep breath in, “Someone’s following me…”

--

MYUNGSOO'S POV.

I met Suzy the next week, on the set of INFINITE’s latest pictorial.

As I peer through my beloved camera’s lens, I am nothing but mesmerized by her casual beauty.

My finger rests on the shutter release button, but I hesitate before calling the shot for her to turn this way. She is laughing, smiling a wide smile no woman could lose to, and I do not want to ruin this moment. Her moment.

What I would give to be able to capture this scene for myself though – on film just for me. Not for some fancy pastel magazine for thousands of eyes to bear awe upon, but simply for me to admire. This surely must be the light of many men when they see such a woman; their breath being taken away from them so easily, perhaps like a graceful vacuum, as odd as it sounds.

I clear my throat and get ready to meet her eyes. “Miss Suzy, shall we start your photoshoot?”

She turns with her unchanging smile and – to my surprise – bows ninety degrees in my direction. “Please take care of me!”

I silently protest against her unneeded kindness at someone who is obviously below her, but I am mostly grateful for it. I smile and bow back, lifting my camera to begin her photoshoot.

You’re my muse, Bae Suzy. No matter what mistake you have made in the past, you are the you I admire now.

This is the start, I am the surest I could be of it, of something wonderful as I look through a single lens, and a story begins to unfold before me; the tale being told with the voice of her beauty.

The beginning of a story in which I am yearning to be a part of, this the first chapter of Bae Suzy.

I remember everything that happened the first day we met, even though you told me to forget. I remember you telling me a little page of your story…And I think I’ve fallen in love.


yay, third chapter! If you're a little confused, just continue looking forward to the rest of the story unravelling :))

Double update this time because I need to clear up what's up with Suzy! Hope you like this chapter~

p.s, I don't like checking over what I write because I always find myself spending hours reading and rewriting that I never get anything done...so any mistakes, I'm sorry and just comment if there are any and I'll change them.

thanks for reading!♥