2000

Collecting Records.

I began going to the hospital more and more often. My '3 years life span' was coming to an end and they were all cautious and attentive around me. My oldest memories are from this year. I have the faint memory of looking to my left, to a heart monitor.

I don't exactly remember how much time I spent on hospital, but it surely was a lot.

 

Even though I was not actually fully aware of what was happening around, I could sense that something was off... something was really wrong. Nurses looked down at me pitifully when they thought I was sleeping. 

But they were nice to me. They would bring me plushes and draws from their kids. When mom couldn't come to hospital or grandma was busy, they would always tell me stories before I went to bed.

 

 

Hye Min, Ha Neul and Hye Eun. Thank you for being my 'aunts'.

 

 

I was getting used to that smell, that ambiance. But one day, a doctor came and took the sensors from my body and the IVs. I blinked up at him, and he smiled.

I never knew his name, but his words encouraged me eversince.

 

 

 

 

" Keep fighting, my little warrior. "

 

 

 


 

 

 

One of my favorite treats during my childhood were Calippo ice creams. After coming from work, my grandfather would take in his arms and tickle me. Then, we would walk around town and he would buy me the 'oh-so-precious' ice-cream and some delicious pastries. We would walk, hand by hand, and I giggled all the way. I found it so cute. I never was with my father, so he kinda replaced that image in no time.

I liked to watch soccer and I tried to read sports newspapers. I couldn't read, so I asked him to read for me.

 

 

It was fun.

 

 

Also, feeding the cows I had in my house was my favorite hobby at the time. I would wake up at 9 AM just to feed them with my grandma. My cow honestly liked me. She used to my face. I say it to you, that is really nice. Most cows will be hostile with you.

 

Believe me, it's the truth.

 

 

 


 

 

 

For the first time in a lot of time, I actually got to see my mother. She looked so slim and pale. I asked her if she was sick, but she only told me it was from work. I felt so bad for her. I barely had time to see her and, the first time I had seen her in so many time, she looked really sick.

 

My father worked during all weekend, not even stopping for sleep. Since I missed my mother's warmth, I ended up escpaing my bedroom and would go to my parents' bedroom. I would sneak up under the covers, and my mother always bursted in laughter.

 

 

 

 

I was happy making her happy.