1997

Collecting Records.

I was born in the 5th of August, at 15:45 PM. 

 

 

From what I know, my father dropped my mother and my grandparents at the hospital. That day, he had to finish off a kitchen in a client's house. He was a carpenter, so he didn't have much time for family right in that moment. My parents had been married for two years. They married on the 9th July, 1995.

My mother got pregnant short after they got married. The thing is, she didn't even know it. One day, she was working at the enterprise she worked on. She often carried 20~30 kg boxes by herself, and so it seemed to be a normal day. She felt a sharp pain and started bleeding.

 

She suffered a miscarriage and lost two babies.

 

She entered in depression and tried to commit suicide twice.

 

 

And then, bam ! She got pregnant with me.

 

It was a total surprise. My paternal grandparents were so happy because I was their first grandchild. As same as for my maternal ones. The pregnancy was considered 'high risk' because of the miscarriage incident one year before.

Everything just seemed fine.

 

 

I was supposed to be born on the third. My grandfather's birthday. But nothing happened, so doctors provoked delivery the following day.

 

 

When I came out, it was silent.

 

Babies are supposed to cry.

 

 

But I just didn't.

 

Everything was a mess, everyone went from here to there in a rush. No one knew what was happening at all. I had my umbilical cord around my neck, but it wasn't close enough to it to be the cause of no life signs.

 

It had to be something else.

 

5 minutes are long. That was the amount of time it took until I showed any signals of life. I moved my irises around, and my mouth opened, but only a small cry was heard. It was more like a whimper at first, but then I started crying loudly.

Relief was evident in the nurses' face. There were 3 obstreticians that day: Two were university students from my town who were doing practices in that hospital. And what a practice, I must say.

 

I spent the next 48 hours in an incubator, undergoing several exams. Blood tests... everything you name it.

 

 

And the doctors finally came to a conclusion. They found an obstruction on my aorta artery. With the pressure of delivery, blood had coagulated inside and formed some kind of barrier. Blood didn't flow to my body.

They told my parents that it was extremely dangerous.

 

 

 

 

 

That was the day, they gave me a 3-year lifespan.