1998

Collecting Records.

In February 1998, I fell off the bed while sleeping.

 

My mother only heard me crying and a strong thump. 

When she looked down at the floor, she saw I had hit the floor rather harshly. Luckily, there were some pillows below my little body. Otherwise, consequences would have been fairly worst.

 

She rushed me to the hospital at 3 AM. I had some bruises on my head and they looked pretty bad. Once again, the hygienic scent of hospitals welcomed me. I still hate that smell.

They ran tests on me, again. I was diagnosed with craneoencephalic traumatism.

 

I was lucky enough that my brain wasn't damaged, but I still spent 120 hours in the ICU.

 

 

 

 

Later that year, my father got tired of working for other people so he decided to open up a society with other people. I still remember the name of it. Carpenart

Seeing that their old car was too rusty and bad for me, they decided to take a step on and buy a new car that had just been released in the market. Mom explained to me that, after they bought the car, the advertisement was still shown on TV.

 

It was a year of changes. My parents began working harder, especially my father. He was so busy with his recently opened enterprise, that he barely had time for me. My mother had been promoted at work. Her boss was really fond of her and felt really bad after the miscarriage accident. When he found out my mother was pregnant, he promised her he would give her a better placement as soon as the maternity license finished. And so, my mother did an informatic course and was accepted in the quality control division of the ceramic international enterprise she worked on. When she had free time, she would help my father at work.

 

Leaving me alone, to the care of my grandparents.

 

 

Every month, I would go to Seoul to do regular check-ups on my health. Doctors didn't see the situation with good eyes. I was really chubby when I was a baby, and they diagnosed me with the obesity gene. They told me it was highly probable that I would be overweight in the following years. And that would be another big problem.

I began receiving homeopathic medication, because I was so little and I could suffer from overdose if I took another kind of medicine.

 

 

My first birthday wasn't special at all. The only presents I got were a sundress and a teddy bear given by my recently engaged uncle - my father's twin brother - and aunt. They had been my godfather and godmother at my holy baptism, exactly one month before of my first anniversary.

 

 

 

 


Little by little, I started recovering. But the changes were too little and not hopeful at all...