Chapter 3

Hello...Again?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

At Zico’s house the TV was switched on to the news. Zico was just sitting down while playing on his phone; his parents were in the same room watching TV. ‘’ A truck crashed into another car at this junction, it appears that no one survived the accident, that’s all from here.’’ a news reporter finished speaking on TV.

Zico’s parents recognised the car immediately.

 ’’Isn’t that our neighbour’s car?’’ Zico’s mom said terrified while still looking at the images still aired on TV. Zico’s eyes instantly looked up, he saw Hana’s car shattered to pieces and two ambulances around and he sat up. His breathing stopped for a few seconds. He read the headline ‘No one survived the impact’. He stood up and went to his room immediately; he shut the door behind him furiously. ‘’You said you’d come back’’ he whispered and felt tears filling the base of his eyes. He couldn’t take in what just happened and looked out of his opened window. His hands gripped tightly into fists and he shook his head slightly.

Hana’s bracelet in her room was the first thing he noticed as he looked opposite his house. He was angry at himself that he couldn’t save her but also that she would never know that he loved her. It may have seemed stupid but his heart wasn’t lying to him every time he saw her smile. From that day on she never came back, how could she though, she’s dead.

He changed since that day; he never was the same person everyone knew and no one could change that, well, there is one person.

 

The present

Hana’s POV

‘’Uncle I’m back, and I got ice cream!’’ I shouted as I entered through the front door. My hand went down to my feet and helped them loosen out of my new shoes. My back leaned backwards and loudly closed the door behind me. I sneaked my hand behind my body and locked the door; the light click sound set me off to the kitchen.

 I walked in and saw my uncle cooking dinner, I laughed at him because he looked funny in my pink apron, and he always wears it to make me laugh. He smiled at me ‘’Put the ice cream in the freezer so you can eat it after dinner’’ my uncle told me but I got a spoon and then sat down at the table and started eating the ice cream instead.

He turned around and looked at me while clicking his tongue. ‘’Why do you always do the exact opposite, Hana?’’ My uncle shook his head and exhaled then went back to cooking. ’’So… what did you do today?’’ I start changing the subject. ’’I thought of something today. You know how I’ve tried so hard to get your memory back after the car accident but nothing worked? Well, I’m going to give it one last try’’ he said.

 Now I was interested in what he was saying. I stood up straight. I’ve always wanted to know what my parents were like, it just wasn’t enough looking at pictures, I just can’t remember anything no matter how hard I tried for the past 6 years. Yes, I am now 16 and I don’t know anything about my life as a child, nothing.

‘’I decided that we should move back to where you grew up with your parents’’ he told me as he wiped his hands on the pink apron. ‘’You know I would do anything just to get those memories back, I’d be more than happy to move back’’ I said with a smile on my face. I was ready to do anything ever since he took me in his care when I was 10, just after my coma he treated me like his own daughter and tried to be a good replacement for my parents. I was ready to move away from my friends just to find out about myself, surely there is something in that house to suggest things about my parents.

’’I knew you would agree so I packed up our bags and we’re going tomorrow.’’ he said and the spoon in my hands dropped. I never expected it to be this soon. ‘’Are you serious?’’ I asked to double check. He nodded.

After dinner I went to bed, and tried once again to remember anything but no matter what, those memories seemed to have disappeared completely. I gave up once again and went to sleep.

The next day I woke up feeling more energetic than usual, I guess I was excited to see if I actually remembered who I was. Haha I sound like I actually died and now I’m someone else trying to find out who this other person wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter