Chapter 2

You are the Best of My Life

Listen to "Mario  Bross Theme Song"


"You've better started to use yourself calling me Young Master, and act like one," Yoseob said with his flat tone. Without anything more, he walked himself and leaved the new guy stunned again.

Mr. Jung sighed and patted Doojoon's shoulder, but he didn't give any reaction. She needed to nudge him lightly on the arms. "Young man, I know these are too strange for you. I'm sorry," she looked at Doojoon with her eyes filled with a warm stare.

Doojoon lifted his head and met Mr. Jung's motherly eyes. He sighed just like the older, lowering his head and shook it slowly. "N-no... Don't be. It's not your fault Ma'am. It was me who accepted Mr. Yang's offer."

"But you don't have to go farther if you chose so."

"No Ma'am. I think...when I've stepped into this, there's no way I could escape. And if I wanted to, I feel something preventing me to do so. I guess that's why I just agree with Mr. Yang at the first time he offered me," he smiled lightly.

Mr. Jung sighed again, but this time Doojoon could catch a sign of relief there. "You are really a perfect guy. If I had a grand-daughter, I'm sure I'll introduce you to her," Mr. Jung's light laugh filled the air.

Doojoon smiled. This old woman's laugh did work in lighting his thought. He felt like a bit of weight at his back had been lifted.

"Com'on young man. Time to focus on your breakfast. Just eat slowly, I'll ask my brother to drive you to school after he finished driving Seobie first. You still remember Jung Jaeho my younger brother the driver, right?"

"Yes," he nodded his head. "But I prefer going to school by bus."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's refreshing to walk in the morning and meet new people."

"Okay then. Now, eat your breakfast! I don't want you to collapse -with stupid reason didn't catch breakfast- in the first day," she said a bit demanding.

"Ma'am yes Ma'am!" Doojoon said pretending like he was a soldier and Mr. Jung was his commandant or sort of.

Mr. Jung merely chuckled as she eyed Doojoon started to dig in. He scoped at spoonful of his meal and chewed it lightly, but suddenly he stopped and widened his eyes like he was shocked.

"Young man, what is it? Is it terrible? Oh my! What should I do if Yoseob eat that?" she blurted in a panic way.

"No no no!" Doojoon quickly cut. "It's just... It's just so great! It's such a simple meal but taste great!" he said with sparkling eyes.

Mrs. Jung sighed in relief. Then, her worried face turned into a smile. "Really? Is it good?"

Doojoon nodded his head eagerly and raised both of his thumbs while his mouthed was busy munching his breakfast.

Mrs. Jung laughed lightly. "Very good then. Just eat your breakfast slowly okay? You might choke yourself."


As he arrived at the school, every one stared at him. Seemed like he was someone different from the others since everyone started to whisper something unclearly to each others. Yang Yooseob just casually walked through the big gate, heading to the field before he could enter his class. Half way, someone patted his shoulder making him turned around to face guy, knowing him already with his habit patting his shoulder.

"Hey! Morning! It's a bright day to start with a bright face, isn't it?" the guy said with a smiling eyes and proudly exposing his perfect teeth.

"Morning you too," replayed Yoseob flatly. "And for your information, nothing such as a bright day for me," he said as he walked together with that guy beside him.

"Yeah yeah... I know that already," that guy rolled his eyes. "Stay with your dark days then. Do you realize that you seem getting old faster in your dark days?"

"Stop it Gikwang!" Yoseob hissed sharply.

Gikwang merely chuckled as he used with his friend behavior. Being friend with Yoseob since a baby didn't mean nothing to him. "Okay okay... I'll shut my mouth," he said as he used his right hand to make a zipping motion on his mouth.

"Good."

"But do you mind to tell me what happened this morning that make you look older that usual?" he asked bluntly.

Yoseob stopped his track and sent a glare at the guy beside him. In reflect, Gikwang stepped back knowing that glare meant is. "Oops..."

Yoseob rolled his eyes and continued walking through his big school. "I can't believe I can stand with a fussy guy like you."

"You know, I don't even understand why I can still with a person like you," Gikwang replayed.

"Thanks then."

"Anytime buddy."

Instead of heading to their same classroom, those two passed them and went somewhere else at the back of the building. They sat under the big tree and looked around, admiring the fresh air and pretty back yard garden that their school has. There wasn't many people there as always. Perfect place to calm a messy mind.

Yoseob prefer to lay on the green grass with his rucksack as his pillow. He closed his eyes and let the wind caressing his body gently. Gikwang laid beside him as his mind wondering.

"Yoseob, tell me what happened," his usually cheerful voice turned into a serious one.

"Nothing. Really. Just another authoritarian decision that my father made," Yoseob answered lightly with his one arm covering his eyes.

"And what is it?"

"I don't even know."

"So why do you don't know?"

"Seriously Gikwang, can you stop asking and let me at least have a nice sleep before the bell ring in 35 minutes?"

"Tell me what happened so I can behave myself," he said with a stern voice.

Yoseob let a sight knowing how stubborn his friend is. Little he knew that he was actually more than him. "He sent a guy to babysit me."

"Babysit?"

"Father said he would be me personal assistant or kind of, but I feel him like a babysit, butler, or slave. I don't know what actually. I think I need some time to think what to call him," he scoffed.

Gikwang remained a silent while his brain tried to process what his friend just told him. "Who is he?"

"Well, that one you just find yourself later," Yoseob glanced at his watch on his left wrist. "Probably about 23 minutes from now when the bell will ring and we are in our class."

"What?"

"You'll see."

The two stopped their talks and drifted with their own thought. Yoseob probably slept, Gikwang knew the person beside him too well. A sight of their childhood flashed in his head. When everything was perfect. Playing in the backyard with Yoseob golden dogs that already died now. Mrs. Yang would call them to take a luch after an exhausted play, running everywhere.

In Gikwang mind, he actually missed that figure of woman, his auntie. As his parents move to another province for their work, he had been staying in an apartment since he started his senior high life. That's make him closer to his buddy, going to his house and doing things together. But he did realize that his buddy's personality changed drastically, and also his life with his family and surrounding.

'You know Yoseob, I do understand life is never be easy. Do you understand it? Or just cursing your mess life now and never found the way how to make it better?'


"Attention class!" Mr. Choi voice echoed in the class room, making all of his students suddenly stop their activity and listened to him. "Today we get a new classmate." Then, a new guy entered the room.

'As expected,' Yoseob thought as he scoffed sarcastically.

Gikwang noticed his sitmate sudden reaction and stared at him with a questioning face.

"That's what I meant earlier," Yoseob answered easily.

Gikwang turned his head to the front. That figure of guy seemed more mature than the others in their age. That stern strong line of his face look contras with a friendly smile he was flashing.

"Hello everybody. I'm Yoon Doojoon. I'm new here. I hope for your help and we can be friends. Thank you," he ended with a bow and a charming smile.

The students -just like other growing teens- started to whisper with each other. Mr. Choi quickly stopped them before the class turned into a market -where people talking noisily-.

"Students! Treat your new friend well! Even this period just started 1 month, Doojoon still needs to catch up!"

"Okay Sir!" the rest of the class answered in unison, except for the two guys that sat at the back of the class.

Doojoon merely bowed at his new welcoming friends.

"Mr. Yoon, I guess you can have a sit now on the empty sit on the back there. I hope you don’t mind,” Mr. Choi said.

“Sure Mr. Choi. Thank you.” Receiving a nod from the teacher.

Doojoon walked to his sit that placed at the back of the class. He really didn’t mind since he was tall enough that he could see the whiteboard clearly. But when he passed the guy, he gave him a sarcastic glare. Doojoon felt uneasy a bit but tried to ignore it.

Yoseob let a scoff when the new student passed him. “Welcome to your new school, Yoon Doojoon,” he said coldly. The new student stopped his track, hearing that icy voice, but then walked again pretending it didn’t happened that make Yoseob felt something burning inside him. The new student sat right beside him and directly put all of his attention to the teacher in front of the class.

In the other hand, Gikwang who eyed  everything from the begin furrowed his eyebrow. “Is it him?”

“Guess?”

“Yes?”

“A hundred point for you then."

­“That’s it class! Break time!”

The students sounded their victory and groan in unison. Some of them already left the class before the teacher could even stand up from his seat.

Doojoon packed his books to his bag so his desk didn’t go messy like the others. Gikwang nudged Yoseob lightly who was sleeping all the time.

“Yoseob, Yoesob wake up. It’s recess.”

The other guy groaned before slowly moved his body and rubbed his eyes lazily. “What?” he asked with a husky voice from the new wake up guy.

“Just sleep all the time so you can’t get your break time,” Gikwang answered lazily. He massaged his temple gently that he always must to wake up his mate from his slumber every time the class ended.

“Okay. Thanks,” Yoseob said with half opened eyes and headed to leave.

“Hey! Wait!” Gikwang stopped him before he could go any further. “Your lunch box,” he reminded.

“Oh, thanks again,” he grabbed his lunch box and left Gikwang sighing at himself.

Gikwang continued with his own stuff until he noticed that the person behind him that obviously was his new classmate was still struggling with a note on his desk. He stared at his serious face until the guy lifted his eyes and looked at him with a questioned look.

“Oh, sorry. Just continue,” Gikwang said quickly and forced an awkward smile.

“That’s okay. I’m done,” Doojoon replayed with a friendly smile. “Uhmm… May I know what’s your name is?” he asked politely.

“Sure, I’m Gikwang. Lee Gikwang,” he rose his right hand for a hand shake.

Doojoon gladly shook it. “I’m Doojoon, Yoon Doojoon.”

“I guess I know it already,” Gikwang said and smiled less awkward since the other guy seemed nice.

Doojoon slightly chuckled. “I hope we can be friends.”

“Of course we can. Why not?”

“Well, at least I can get friend here. I thought going to the same school as him is gonna be most tiring thing.”

“Him? Excuse me, but did you just mean he was Yoseob? The guy that sat beside me lately?”

“Yes him. He is your friend, right? I guess.”

“Are you the guy that his father just brought home?”

“I change my mind. I guess you are more than just a friend.”

“I take it as a yes. And yes again, I’m his buddy since we were still inside our mother’s uterus.”

Doojoon stared at Gikwang with a slightly shocked yet questioned face. Gikwang noticed the change of it and tried to make the tense silent between them lessened.

“Hey, you are okay?”

“Uhmm… Sorry, I’m still new with this.”

“That’s fine,” Gikwang uttered honestly. “Yoseob just told me that his father brought some stranger to his house. I’m sure you already know what kind of kid Yoseob is, don’t you?”

“Well… I’m not sure about that. I don’t guess people in the first meet. I just met him this morning.”

Unexpected answered that Gikwang expected from this new comer. He looked at the taller guy in awe. “I’m glad you said that,” receiving a puzzled face from Doojoon. “Because everyone that met Yoseob form the first meeting already hate him without knowing who is him exactly. I’m glad you don’t judge him like them.”

“Why…why should I? I don’t really understand what you mean.”

“May I know first your version about what just happened this morning? I can’t take it with Yoseob version when he has hatefulness in his mind.”

“It just, Mr. Yang asked me to live in his house and accompany his son. Some like a butler? But since my age don’t far from him, and as his greatness for me, he asked me if I wanna take education and of course I said yes. That’s why I’m here.”

“Age?”

“I think I’m a year older than Young Master. Mr. Yang told me like that.”

“A year older from Yoseob? Than from me too! Can I call you Hyung?”

“H-hyung? S-sure…” he said with a slightly shocked face.

Gikwang merely chuckled at Doojoon. “No need to be shocked Hyung. You can tell I’m different from Yoseob. Well, a bit. But I’m friendly with everyone,” he flashed an eye-smile. “Owh, by the way, do you want me to take you around this school? Maybe later after the class over. You might get lose in this school if you don’t know the route.”

“Sure, I’ll be glad.”


(Listen to "Mario Bross Theme Song")

Yoseob went to the back yard and sat under the usual tree. He put his lunch box on the ground and grabbed something from his pocket.

“There you go,” he pressed the start button and started to play the game from his PSP while his mouth busy munching the tasty meal. “Wah! What was that?! How could he do that?” he widened his marble eyes. “Try to beat me?” he kept talking to himself while glaring to the screen. “Gezz…”

After a while he kept hitting the button, “See? Die you!” he did his victory smirked and put a spoonful of his food until his cheek puffed.


Hello! Leggion96 is here^^

Well, sorry for late update. It just, my head has thought about this story until the ending. But my hands seem too slow and I got writter's block in this chapter. So, sorry again if this chapter is kinda boring. Sorry for my dear readers *bow*

By the way, TADA! I've updated! hehe^^ So, don't forget to subscribe and comment on this story. If I have silent readers, Hello there!^^ Just comment or say "Hi!" I will really love it!^^

Love you all!!!>o<