Chapter 1

You are the Best of My Life

 

Listen to 'The River Flows in You' by Yiruma



 

 

"Don't you dare to touch me!" Yoseob said with a low firm tone.

Doojoon just stood there, let the younger struggling to stand by his own feet straightly. Somehow, Doojoon himself was still too puzzled after watching what just happening between a father and his own son. How could a relation between those blood-related persons being worse than that? A son yelled rudely in front of his father, how dare he could be? And the father? Well, no one can blame him if he just slapped his son that didn't have any respect to his parent. But what is the point to curse his own son? Slightly, he felt guilt knowing that Mr. Yang just slapped his son due defending him.

"Yoseob-"

"Don't call me," Yoseob said in a low voice, his back facing the older. "Don't try to follow me," he said and left Doojoon standing there. It's time for him to calm his mind.


 

Doojoon was still standing there, in front of Yoseob's room after he just left him. He felt uneasy with the younger one. Sighting heavily, he lowered his head and leaned his back against the wall. His mind was mess. That was totally new for him. Staying in a stranger house. He didn't even know why he agreed in the first place with this idea.

Sinking in his own world, he didn't realize that there was someone in front of him.

"Young man," that person called him.

"Ha? Yes?" Doojoon quickly snapped out from his thought.

There was standing an old woman. Seemed like she was a maid by looking at her uniform. She smiled warmly at Doojoon that quickly made him wonder in a new thought.

"You are Yoon Doojoon, aren't you?" the woman asked.

"Yes," Doojoon merely nodded.

"Nice then. So, are you Young Master's friend?"

"Ahh..."

"I'm Jung Jinmi, the house keeper here."

"Oh, nice to meet you Ma'am," Doojoon bowed.

Jinmi at first startled with Doojoon behaviour. But then, she slightly chuckled. "Don't need to be like that young man. Just call me Mrs. Jung," she smiled at him.

"Okay, Mrs. Jung."

"That's much better. So, you are Yoon Doojoon, right? Young Master new friend?"

"Young Master?"

"Owh, I forgot that you are new here. Yoseob always wants to be called by Young Master."

"I see. That's... Actually, it's not like I'm his friend. It's more like I'm his buttler."

"No. It can't be like that. Mr. Yang himself told us that there would be a new comer here as Yoseob's friend. So I guess your status here is as Yoseob's friend, not at his butler."

"But...he said-"

"He said that you are his slave?" Mrs. Jung cut him.

"H-how do you know?"

"Of course. He just shouted it out loud."

Doojoon merely nodded. 'So, everybody in here know me as a slave right?'

"Ah... Don't think too deep," Mrs. Jung interrupt with his mind like she was concern with his thought.

Doojoon gave her an assuring smile. "Yes I know. But in this early morning, I've just received too strange things that my mind couldn't help but thinking of them."

Mr. Jung let out a sight. Doojoon stared at her. He could tell that her warm smiling face slightly turned into the sad one. She stepped closer to Doojoon and patted the guy's shoulder lightly. "I'm glad that Mr. Yang found someone like you to be Yoseob's friend. Come with me, I need to tell you a long story."


 

(Listen to 'The River Flows in You' by Yiruma)

There he was. In a room, completed by shelves against the wall that containted with many kind of books, music books exactly. It look mostly like a library if there weren't many kind of instruments in the middle of the room completed with the sound systems and so on. In the corner of the room, there was a computer that conected to the mainly electronic things with a big equalizer equipment. A black shining grand piano, accoustic guitars, electric guitars, basses, drum, mics were arranged well in that room. More, there were two comfortable coughes in the other corner, making a perfect right angle.

On one of the coughes, there was laid the figure of Yang Yoseob, with his right arm covering his face. How can his life turned into a trash like this? Everything was a mess! His life wasn't like this before. It was wonderful, not a hell. The limited memory about his last life rolled in his mind.

'Mom,'that word glanced through his tought. He suddenly sat up from his position until his feet touched the ground. He palmed his face, resting his head by his arms on his thigh. "Why did you leave so early?" he whispered.

He then lifted his head and glaced at the grand piano in front of him. Without he realized, he already walked to it and took a sit on the chair. 'This piano...' A faded image when he was a child with his mother ran through his mind. 'I was three when mother show me this piano'

He opened it slowly before put his fingers on the keys.

A beautiful melody could be heard on the air. Sounds calming and flowing like a water in a river. 'River Flows in You' that's the song called. That's the first song that his mother played for him. That's the first song that made him interested in music. That's the first song that brought a memory that he remembered the most.

'This song might heard light. But if you listen more carefully, you may caught something inside it. Yoseob, never give up in music okay? When you are happy, you can play this. When you feel lonely, confuse, sad, mad, just play the piano. Let you speak with the music. Okay?'

'Ung~' the 4 years old Yoseob nodded his head cutely. 'But Mom, I still don't catch it,' he poutted adorably.

Mrs. Yang merely chuckled at her son cuteness. 'Yoseob my sweet heart,' she lifted the boy and let him sat on her lap. 'One day, you will understand what Mommy told you. But you must remember this, okay?'

'Okay. When Yoseobie happy, Yoseobie will play the piano. Even when Seobie feels lonely, confuse, sad, mad, Seobie will also play it. Right Mom?'

'Yes, sweet heart. Woah! Mommy's son is so clever!'

'Hahaha!' the little Yoseob laughed wholeheartedly as his mother ruffling his hair.

"But Mom... Why do I still can't get it until now?" he whispered.


 

"I've been being this family's house keeper since Mr. Yang and his wife entered this house. I remember them as a loving couple. Both of them always being warm at each other, they were also kind to people here. A year after their mariage, a baby boy was born. With his round marble eyes, bringing the new warmth in this family.

Yoseob grew as a loving child, obedient, and charming. I even don't know how that kid in the third year of his life being able to make his parents forget their unwell time. I mean, every couple always have their bad time, like fighting with each other, mouth-war, and so on. But this kid with his innocence had his own way to make things arranged properly. What a perfect child he was," Mr. Jung paused. Her eyes were day dreaming, probably trying to recall her memory about the pass, more than 10 years ago.

Doojoon walked beside the old woman while listening to her story. She was taking him around the house at the same time introducing him with the other workers who passed by them. Doojoon merely bowed, giving them his friendly smile, and they would gave him a greatful one.

"Mrs. Yang loved music very much, that's why she already taught her son music since he was little. Yoseob knowledge in music increased fastly with his young age, that made his parents proud of him very much. He used to play simple songs with the piano even he di wrong, but he kept playing it with a smile crept on his face. That's why everybody loved him.

"But we never expected what would happening. When Yoseob was 5, Mrs. Yang health dropped drastically. A year later, she died due cancer. That's the begining when everything started changing," a sad smile formed on her wrinkled face.

"The old loving father turned into cold man like you just saw this morning. He became a workaholic and seemed didn't care at his son. Well, in the age like Yoseob was, he needed an understanding from his only parent. He was in a growing age. But the figure of father that he needed that time wasn't there, instead of a strict authoritarian father that would angry if his son did something wrong, even just a single little mistake, his father would scold him. Yoseob was too innocent to understand what his father meant between his new baviour.

"I couldn't count anymore how many time Yoseob would run to me when his father yelled at him. He would cry in my arms and end up fell asleep due tiredness from crying. I also used to find him falling asleep in his room while hugging a photo frame of his photo with his parents. As time goes by, a light melodic laugh from Yoseob would be hard to be heard, the playful smile that always plastered on his face faded. I can't find the aegyo that he always did anymore. The beautiful melody of the piano and his voice never sounded again.

"Like now, Yoseob became rebellious towards his father. Most of the time he met his woraholic father, they spent it by yelling at each other. His grade in school became worse. Fortunately he still goes to school but never pay attention in class. His teacher would call his father, and when they arrived at home, another war would explode. No more peace and warmth in this house.

"The worse thing happened with Yoseob is, I usually found him went home at late or even at dawn with a bad condition. I mean, he was drunk. I don't know how to handle this kind of family anymore. I have been working in this family upto 20 years. This is the saddest thing I've ever seen."

They finally reached the back garden of the house with many beautiful plants and a fresh air with flowers' sense. Doojoon at first felt amused with this scenery. Right on that time, he could see the sun started raising to catch its proper place in the sky. The sound of chirping birds were making the moment more amusing.

"Feeling amused, young man?" the calm voice of the old woman waking Doojoon up from his mind.

"Ah? Yes, this is beautiful," he said with an awe.

The old woman chuckled lightly. "This is what Mrs. Yang always did in the morning. Watching the sun rise."

Doojoon turned his head practicely to Mrs. Jung. The older seemed day dreaming again.

"Althougt Mr. Yang seems a cold man. I'm glad that he found you. I'm glad that he found you and bring you here to be Yoseob's mate. He needs you. He really does. And this family also. I'm sure you can make it."

"Ma'am, w-what do you mean?"

"I'm sure Mr. Yang loves his son and does care about him. He just can't show it. That's why he brought you here to accompany his son. He knew his son needs someone.

"So, please.... I beg you. Please do your best with our Yoseob. Please bring his usual playful smile back again. All people in this house really miss that thing will happen. Please bring the warmth into this house again. We beg you..."

Doojoon just stood there, unable to move. He was too startled. 'What was that?' he tried to open his mouth to say something. "But-"

"I know you are too confuse with this. Moreover, you just arrived here last mid night. But please, with Yoseob. Be nice with him. He actually is a nice boy. He just to disappointed with everything around him that he end up like this."

"But how come it's...m-me?" he pointed himself with his finger.

"Young man, in this old year, I can easily know someone who really care about someone just by looking at their expression. You do care about our Yoseob, don't you? That's why you seemed thoughtful when Yoseob just left you, you listened to me carefully, and now you are obviously thinking about what I just said."

"I...I..." Doojoon couldn't finish his sentence. His mind was full.

Then, he heard a light chuckled from the old woman. "Don't worry young man. You can make it. Believe with yourself. That's the key. Owh, by the way, you've better get change. Your new class will start at 9. You are in the same school with Sobie right? Mr. Yang told me," she said with a happy smile. "Go get change now young man," she said and left after giving Doojoon a pat on his shoulder.

'Sobie?'


 

'Too many information in just a few hours make my head feels heavy,'Doojoon thought while he unbuttoing his shirt to change.'Oh! My head is gonna exlpode soon,’ Doojoon sat on the edge of his bed. His hands palming his head with his elbows on the thighs. 'How could I get into this?' he rose his head and saw the reflection of his half built body from his hard works in the big mirror in front of him. He looked horible now frustrated. 'Everyday is gonna be a long day,' he thought as he took a towel and heading to the bathroom in his room, taking the second shower for that that to refresh his mind.

After another minute of showering, he went out from the bathroom with just a towel around his waist and one more one his head. Water dropped from his hair, wetting his already dried perfect body. He took a walk, drying his hair then quickly dressed himself as he saw himself buttoning his white long handed shirt in front of the mirror. He made the tie and finally used the dark blue jacket. He observed himself. The suit fit well on him.

'It have been a while since the last time I was in a school uniform.'

Done with dressing, he fixed his hair before taking his bag and headed out from his room. He went to the kitchen and found Mrs. Jung was there.

"Good morning again young man," the old woman greeted without even turning her body to see his presence there.

"Uh? G-good morning," Doojoon greeted back between his confuseness.

The old woman slightly chuckled while chopping some vegetables. Doojoon smiled at the older. He placed his bag on the chair of the dining table and approached her.

"Wanna get something for breakfast young man?" Mrs. Jung asked.

"Yes please, Ma'am," he replayed with a smile.

"Hahaha... You and your manner, look great with your appearance. I wonder how many girls have already been in relationships with you."

Doojoon just smiled at her statement. "Actually, I've never had once," he answered lightly.

"Really?" she seemed shock.

"Yes," he merely nodded. "Do I look like player?"

The older looked at the guy from head to toe and head again, observing him. "Well, no. But why?"

Doojoon frowned a bit, searching for the best answer. "Well, I don't like flirty girls."

"I thought so. But isn't there one girl who caught your attention?"

"Hmm... There was one pretty girl who didn't like the others. We went to be friends well. But when we were going to date, something bad happened with family and I lost contact with her."

"I see... I guess your story isn't less dramatic from our Sobie, is it?"

"Sort off?"

Mrs. Jung laughed lightly. "Ah, this guy. Just have a sit. The foods will be coming right on."

Doojoon nodded and sat on the chair, playing with his new phone that Mr. Yang just gave him. Then, a footsteps could be heard from a far. And Yoseob was there, already changed in uniform with his expressionless face.

"What are you doing here?"

That flat stern voice snapped Doojoon out. He lifted his head and met Yoseob's empty eyes. "Oh, Hey! Waiting for breakfast? Mrs. Jung is making it."

Yoseob snorted and rolled his eyes. "Who do you think you are? Jinmi!!"

"Yes Young Master," the old woman ran a bit with a lunch box on her hands. "Here is your breakfast," she handed it.

Yoseob quickly put it into his bag and headed off. But before he went far, he stopped and said without facing that person. "You've better started to use yourself calling me Young Master, and act like one."



 

 

Leggion96 is here! Kekekek... Update! Long enough huh? Oh gosh! Sorry if this chapter is kinda boring. I need the introducing one first so you won't be confussed with it. But I got goosebumps when I wrote Doojoon part in his room. It just...HOT!!! Gosh! I couldn't stop squeking while 'imagining' it *nosebleed* I wish I could see it for real *T.T*

The next chapter will be more DooSeob! ^^

By the way, hey! I'm so glad with the readers. Just the forword and 11 subscribers already? Woah! This is cool! Kekeke... I hope you guys will keep reading and commenting this story. Don't forget to subscribe! Love you all^^

NB: You’ve better reading this story while listening to the song that I put there, so you will able to feel what the characters feel. And I will also put other songs in the next and next chapter. Hope it’s helping. Happy reading!