Chapter 3

You are the Best of My Life

Listen to 'Lonely' by 2NE1


The bell was ringing that meant the class for that day was over. In unison, the students let a sigh silently and started to make up their stuffs while Mr. Choi was explaining their homework and when or where they should collect them.

Gikwang glanced at his seatmate beside him and could only shake his head. He was probably sleeping again. He really wanted to leave him there in that position if Mr. Choi didn't glare at him and obviously if Gikwang didn't decide to wake Yoseob in any second, he would end up in a trouble again.

"Yoseob," Gikwang whispered while nudged him on the arms. "Yoseob wake up, Mr. Choi is coming," he lifted his head and saw Mr. Choi was just a few steps to their spot.

But the sleeping guy didn't even bother to move his fingertip and just groaned in annoyed. "Ungh... Who cares?" he murmured.

Gikwang merely gulped at the guy's answer because the person he just talked about was already right in front of them with an unreadable face. Gikwang tried his last chance to wake that guy by shaking his shoulder a bit rough, but still... Rigid...

"Enough Mr. Lee," Mr. Choi stopped him. "Thank you for helping me. But I think those didn't work right? So let's try the other way." Since Mr. Choi was holding a half meter wood ruler, he banged it on the desk right in front of the sleeping student.

The class expected that Yoseob would wake up with a shock expression that they could laugh at. But unfortunately or unexpectedly, Yoseob lifted his head with face full of anger. He fixed his eyes and met with Mr. Choi's who was sending him a meaningful stare that mean -you're caught- but Yoseob coyly rolled his eyes and glared at his teacher.

"What?!" Yoseob asked in an annoyed tone.

The class started to be filled with whispers, students were talking with others by the scene in front of them. Gikwang in the other hand, watched in a worried expression and a new guy behind merely stare. No word. No move. No expression.

"Watch your mouth Mr. Yang. It's your fault to sleep again in the class," Mr. Choi said calmly.

"Who cares?!! You just RUINED my nap!!!" he yelled in front of the teacher's face.

Mr. Yang was actually a low temper person but facing this kind of brash young man could easily raise your blood tension until your crown. "This is a class Mr. Yang!! CLASS!! Not your bedroom that you can slept without any permission!!"

Yoseob easily scoffed without any respect. "You know? I think you're right. I should better go home and straight to my bedroom without spending more wasted time with you," the rude guy said carelessly and quickly took his stuff, storming out from the class completely leaving his classmates stunned and his teacher yells.

"Mr. Yang!!!"

The class was wrapped in a perfect tense silent. Gikwang dropped his jaw, unable to say anyword to prevent Yoseob's action getting any further that of course would be fail miserably without thinking twice. Doojoon the new guy could watch the scene like in drama but that one was obviously right in front of his sight, and he probably learnt something.

Mr. Choi tried to control himself first before he could utter something to rest of his students. "Class dismiss now! Once again if you don't put your task in on my desk before I enter this class tomorrow morning, you'll get none for this! Understand?!"

"Yes Sir!!" the class said in unison.

Mr. Choi then left the room, followed by Gikwang rushing until he bumped to others but could only say sorry without looking at the persons. 'Yoseob...' his mind just filled with that buddy of him. He ran through the gate and luckily, he was there.

"Yoseob!!" he approached him and grabbed his wrist. But as he expected, he shove it away harshly.

"Yoseob, I'm sorry," Gikwang tried to speak normally between his breathless condition.

"Leave me..."

"Yoseob, I'm sorry. I've tried to wake you up," then he sounded like pleading.

"Don't sorry. Not your fault. I wanna alone," the smaller guy said coldly and got into his car that probably waiting for him right before.

Gikwang let him go. He did understand that Yoseob wasn't mad at him, just like what he said. He did know his mate too well to think that Yoseob never say lie to him. He just too straight forward to express what he felt that he became like this. That's what Gikwang had in his mind. That's why he did hate people to unable thinking the way he did. That's why he did hate people to teat a different people like he or she was an alien or an up-normal person. Yes he did wrong, he admit that. But what with the reaction like to an up-normal person? Not his teacher, he meant the students? Talking about people behind them?

Gikwang watched until the car disappeared from his sight and turned his body, meeting his eyes with the taller guy's.

"Doojoon-hyung..."

"Hmm..." the tall guy smiled in kindly yet manly way. He didn't know if it's rather good or bad that people especially girls started talking or whispering in a suspicious way, some of them even giggling insanly without a shame. "Sorry if I was interrupting."

"Nothing to sorry hyung. You wasn't," simply Gikwang dark face could be lifted with the presence of the older guy in front.

Doojoon merely nodded his head and looked around his surrounding, it was the parking area filled with many luxurious cars.

Gikwang took this opportunity to research this guy in front of him. He could say his appearance was not bad and looked rather cool with a simple style and his relaxed but firm manner. With his tall and broad silhouette, curved face with strong jawline, friendly yet manly smile, and a bit messy hair; Gikwang took what he thought and gave him a good one. Then, his tie was loosened a bit, his jacket was ed; his white shirt wasn't really tidy, a bit messy with the hem out from pants from his tall body; a rucksack hung in one shoulder and both of hands in pockets; he could say he was double good.

Doojoon snapped out when he felt a kind of creepy stare that was from Gikwang. "Hey, why staring at me like that? Am I wrong?"

"Owh, no hyung," Gikwang flashed the older his eyesmile. "I just realize that you are attractive," he uttered bluntly.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Really hyung, I guess you don't mirrored often, do you? See? There?" the pointed to some different spots.

Doojoon spun around and saw enough people, more girls. Many of them were covering their mouth, but if you see closely, they're trying to hide their giggle. Doojoon flashed them a smile and a shriek could be heard. Doojoon smiled wider and let chuckle at the funny reaction, making the shriek echoed louder. Doojoon caught a glimpse of boys who were sending him quick bow that he replayed directly with the same.

Gikwang smiled in satisfied. "See what I said? You are popular already."

"Who are they?" Doojoon asked when they started to walk together.

"Can say our juniors. The girls who were shrieking and became a bit histeris when you smiled wider mostly the second graders, but the boys were the first."

"How do you know?"

"I'm here for years hyung, and beside I'm consul here?"

"Consul?"

"Yup," he said with a single nod.

Doojoon frowned and looked at Gikwang from head to toe and head again. "Well, I guess you could with your neardy style."

"Hey hyung! Don't say I'm a nerd! You'll see when we are in PE lesson."

Doojoon chuckled at the younger's reaction. "Okay, okay... You're good in PE?"

"Definitely!"

"Okay then," he nodded with a meaningful smile. "May I know your grade? At class?"

"Second. The first was the nerd guy in the front of class. You know him, don't you?"

"Oh yeah. I know. Your rank is good."

"Yeah... But not as good as Yoseob."

"Yoseob?"

"Yeah... He was the smarter guy I've ever known..." Gikwang stopped his track and lifted his head, gazing into the blue sky with those beautiful soft fluffy white clouds. "If he knew how to maintain his own life... Not wasting it like he does..."

Doojoon simply watched the younger guy beside him. His mind was wondering again. "Hey, you are spacing out."

Gikwang snapped rom his though. He sighed and smiled weakly. "Fine hyung," he patted Doojoon's arm. "Hey, don't you think I've better bring you around the school along?"

"Uhm? Isn't it why I came to you after the class? But when I saw you, you were with Yoseob lately."

"But I'm not anymore, so let's go hyung."

Doojoon smiled, nodding his head and followed the younger. Just a few steps from their spot, Gikwang's phone rang. For the second time they stopped their track as Gikwang took his phone. His finger brushed against the screen lightly. The screen showed the message, it's from his buddy, Yoseob.

'I'm fine. In the the usual place.'

Simple message, just like Yoseob. Gikwang smiled at it. He tapped the screen, writing his message.

'Okay. Go home soon and don't drink too much, okay?'

After the screen showed that the message had been sent, he put his phone into his pocket and backed to the older guy again.

"Who? Girlfriend?" Doojoon asked with a playful smile.

"No hyung!" Gikwang quickly shook his head. "I don't have one!"

"Really?" he frowned.

"Seriously! It was Yoseob."

"Yoseob?"

"Yes," he nodded. "He's fine. Just told me that."

"Oh, okay then."

"Now, let's stop talking about random things and walked around this school before getting to late."


(Listen to 'Lonely' by 2NE1)

Yoseob was there, sitting on the bar while a bartender was serving him, giving him a glass of liquor.

"Here you go, Sir."

Yoseob took that glass and quickly shove that guy in front of his sight. He took a big gulp of those liquid, feeling that liquor running down from his throat. He liked that feeling, stretching his throat. His head hung down, his forehead frowned, his hand massaged his temples.

The sound of music, full blast didn't bothering him. That dim room with many weak spot lights. People dancing, chating, drinking, drunk. Even though it was crowded enough and noisy, he didn't feel that way. What he felt exactly was empty. That's it... What a tragic! That contrast!

His eyes roamed around the room, searching for something interesting. But he found nothing, instead he felt kinda bored. A couple who was making out on the other side of the room made him like puking. Maybe going to a club wasn't the best idea. But where would he go beside this place? Home? Curse that place! It wasn't even a place to rest for him. Just its name. Home. But what was inside? Loneliness? Coldness? No peace? No warmth? With those, was that thing still worth to be called 'home'?

He scoffed sarcastically at his though. Funny to him to think like that. Home but not a home. He took another big gulp from his drink. That sense again.

People went in front of him looked at him with many faces. Some of them looked confuse. Yoseob just realized that he was in his uniform. But who care? It's none of their business if he even didn't wear anything!

When his mind was still insane enough, he took his phone and sent someone a message, the only one who he thought still worth to know his condition. Waiting for a replay, he called the bartender for another glass. A quick replay from him. He read that message and smiled simply.

'Okay. Go home soon and don't drink too much, okay?'

He gulped his drink. 'Let's see... I don't even care what will I be ending up.'

"Hey kid!" that sound called him.

Yoseob lifted his head and met his eyes with that tall guy had. Not feeling interested, Yoseob hung his head down again and drunk his liquor.

"Hey kid!" that guy called him again.

"Get away!" Yoseob simply said in a low tone.

"Wah... What a brave boy!" that guy said. He took his seat right beside Yoseob's. "Isn't a kid like you should be in a Mall hanging out with your girlfriend and friends instead going to a club like this?"

"What do you care?"

That guy shrugged. "I don't know. Just wondering. And I bet you just from school, do you? Your clothes," he pointed at the smaller guy's clothes.

Yoseob lifted his head to that guy -just to gave him a lazy yet irritated look- and hung down again. "Get off from my sight..." making the taller guy laughed.

"Wow! You really are something! What an interesting boy! Fine!" he got up from his seat. His ran his hand to his jeans pocket, searching for something. "Yeah, this is it!" he put a small piece of paper in front of Yoseob. "Next time, if you felt bored, just call me. I'm confident that I'll give you something different," he said with a meaningful smirk, and left.

Yoseob drunk the last liquor from that glass, before finally took the urge to take a look at that paper.

It was a name card. That writen 'Choi Seunghyun', the name of that guy.


'2AM', Doojoon glanced at the clock which was hanging on the wall. 2AM? Morning already. He sighed at back to the books in front of him. His desk was messed due to many books and papers on it. Those were Gikwang's. He leant it to him so he could catch up the lesson. Lucky him to find such a good friend in the first day at school.

But now, he was finish already. Lucky again that he just late for a month so the notes weren't that much. But still! With those many subjects, he needed to do it since he arrived from school. After taking short shower, he directly sat on front of his desk for hours until just now. And now, he obviously felt a sharp pain on his back neck and his was kinda sore.

By the way, talking about arrived home, he wondered where the other guy was. From the first he was after school, that guy wasn't at home. Slightly he felt indifferent, but blamed his real habit that he couldn't even rest his mind if a people he lived with,wasn't there without any information.

'Is he arrived already? Wasn't Gikwang said that he's fine?'

He glanced again at that hanging clock. This late? He really was a problematic kid. Doojoon sighed and prefered to make up his desk instead. After finished and prepared the books for school, he decided to sleep, changing his t-shirt to only a tank top so he could be more comfortable. At least, a few hours were enough to him.

When he was about to his bed, he heard a harsh knock on his door. 'Who was it in this time?' It wasn't even a knock but a loud bang.

Feeling a slight of annoyed was a normal thing. Moreover, he was in tired condition. He let a groaned before headed to his door. Without bother to check who it was, he turned the knob and opened the door a bit harsh. His sleepy feeling suddenly disappeared when he saw who that person was. And it was a good thing that his reflect was fast. Because if he wasn't, that guy would probably hit the ground.

Doojoon caught that guy into his strong arms. He could smell the sense of alcohol from him which was too obvious.

"Hey... Yo-Yoseob..." he shook the clinging guy in his arms. But of course he didn't get an answer instead of a groan. That sense of alcohol became stronger than before.

Doojoon sniffed his nose. He hated this kind of sense. Well, it didn't mean that he never hangover. He did drink sometime. But not until he got drunk. In his mind, getting drunk was a stupid act. It was like hurting yourself for no clear reason. Now, he was confused with what he should do.

Yoseob let a weird voice. A voice like people did when they wanted to puke.

Doojoon's eyes widened when he realized. "Hey hey hey! Wake up!" he shook the small guy again in more force. "Don't... Don't puke! Hey! Wait-- Haa..."

It was too late! Yoseob puked already! Doojoon stunned but then sighed and shut his eyes in frustration when he felt that warm smelly liquid flowing down from his shoulder where Yoseob just puked. Now, what was that exactly? He groaned in annoyed.

He had no choice but brought that slender guy inside his room because he didn't want to carry him back to his room that probably would take his limited energy away again. He placed that unconscious guy on his double-sized bed. Doojoon put his hands on his hips, staring at the senseless guy in front of him. He now got a new job again.

That bad smell disgusting thing. He rolled his eyes. That really was nonsense for him. He sighed before he went to that lifeless guy. Without a word, he took off that guy's shoes and socks. He helped that guy to sit so that he could take off his clothes easily. Those clothes he meant were a complete school uniform. He untied the tie first and took off the jacket. Then he quickly ed the buttons and stripped the white shirt that already stained by his puke. He then layed him again half -only his boxer on- on his bed.

He quickly went to his bathroom, stripping his own and cleaned himself in a fast speed. After putting a nice new tank top on him, he went out with a warm wet towel in his hand. He went to the lifeless guy and cleaned him. He shutted his nose whenever that guy groaned, spreading that disgusting smell to the air.

"Hey, you!" the insane guy finally let a word instead of groans.

Doojoon simply stopped what he was doing and looked at the owner of that voice.

"Hey, you! You bastard!" Yoseob murmured.

"Shut up," Doojoon said simply in an icy tone. "You're drunk."

And like the other drunk people, the drunk Yoseob merely laughed when Doojoon said that he was drunk. "Hey! I'm not drunk you know?! I'm sober! See?" Yoseob made a weird move, making Doojoon having a problem to clean him.

"Stop moving. I'm cleaning," Doojoon simply said.

Yoseob scoffed sarcastically, but did what Doojoon told him.

Finally he finished after he put a new t-shirt to that guy. That t-shirt was his, and the slender guy was like sinking into it due the big size of the older guy's had.

Then, if Yoseob was layed on his bed, where would he lay for sleep? Cough? Well, cough it is! Better then his study chair. He was about to go to his cough when he felt a strong grip on his wrist. He turned his body and met his eyes with Yoseob's who was still layed unconsciously on his bed.

"Don't go... Stay with me..." he murmured, but clear enough for a sane person like Doojoon.

Doojoon was rigid on his spot. He didn't even blink but stared at the drunk guy.

Earning no reaction from the older guy, Yoseob pushed himself to sit on the edge of the bed, still holding to Doojoon's wrist. He tilted his head as his heavy eyes looked right into the perfect dark curved one the older had. "Do you want to ignore me right now?" he asked. It was hopeless, empty, no spirit, flat, nothing to be exact.

Doojoon got his sense back. He sighed and pushed the drunk guy gently to lay on the bed again. "Sleep," he said in an icy tone. "You need to."

But the drunk guy pulled him hard.

"What do you want?"

Yoseob scoffed again at the stupid guy there. "Here," he patted the empty space beside him. "Lay."

Doojoon sighed and hesitantly layed beside the drunk guy. They were facing each other. Yoseob with his half opened eyes. Doojoon with his fully awakened eyes. They both stared at each other right in the eyes, in the silent.

"Hey," Yoseob's voice broke the icy silent. Again, he didn't earn any reaction from the older guy. "You're thinking that this is funny, right?" Yoseob smiled sheepishly.

"You're drunk."

Yoseob scoffed again sarcastically. "Stop saying that I'm drunk! Ahh... You are no fun!"

But Doojoon caught it. Yoseob's face was as red as tomato, and he could catch the hot sense from the slender guy. He ran his hand to his forehead, and he was true. Yoseob's temperature was high. "Your body is burning," Doojoon stated. "I'll get something." Again, that strong grip preventing him.

"Don't! Just stay... Just a fever won't kill me..."

Doojoon backed. Their eyes met again. The silent wrapped around them again.

"Hey," Yoseob called for times. But because he knew he won't get an answer, he continued without waiting. "Don't you think that life isn't fair?"

Doojoon kept in a silent before spook up. "You have no idea what you are talking about," he said in that tone again.

"Hey, don't say that... You have no experience about it..."

"Sleep," his voice was demanding.

Yoseob sighed and rolled his eyes. "You really want me to sleep?" as always, no answer. "Okay then," he nodded his head once.

And it was surprisingly unexpected. Yoseob came closer to Doojoon, and wrapped his small hand around the older guy. His head was resting against his chest.

"Here..."

Doojoon was rigid. That small guy simply did that. He couldn't even blink or say something, even though he wanted to yelled out inside.

Yoseob knew it. He won't receive any reaction from the older guy. But it was fine to him. As long as he still feel his presence.

"It feels...so good..." he murmured. A smile form on his face. That smile, probably the mixture, from a slight happiness and sadness. He gripped at the older guy's clothe. Really tight, until his knuckles became white. He was looking for some sort of protection that he thought he would never get. He bit his lips hard enough until he could feel a salty taste from his own blood.

Many thoughts were running through Doojoon's mind. Many questions were popping. But those many questions actually had only one answer. An answer that he found it really important. The main reason why that small guy was being like that. It because he was lonely. Yes, he was lonely. He had that scary thing called loneliness. He could tell him from his empty eyes. From his flat tone when he spook. From his sarcastic smile that he showed.

'It feels...so good...'

That soft voice tickled Doojoon's ears. He slowly got his sense back, and finally could move his body. He exhaled heavily, before he moved his hand, and put it around the younger guy's slender waist. He could feel the younger guy's fear. It was too obvious with his tense and strong grip.

Doojoon pulled a blanket to cover them and brought Yoseob's small figure closer to his warm embrace. He ran his hand up, and caressed the younger guy's smooth hair gently.

"Sleep..." Doojoon whispered. "You need to rest..."

Yoseob snuggled closer. He could hold it anymore. He let his tears rolled down from his cheeks freely. He exhaled the sense of that guy as much as he could, and slowly exhaled it. Feeling his warmth ran through his body. He felt a ticklish feeling inside him. And it feels...really good...

"I miss this feeling...so much..." he whispered in his cracked voice. His body shuddered. "Will you be there...if I miss this feeling again?"

Doojoon simply tensed up. That cold silent was back again. Yoseob hated that. His remnant hope was nearly broken into debris again when he didn't hear that simple answer for a while. His wound on his heart felt like being poured by liquor. His gripped tightened again.

"Yes..."

Yoseob couldn't believe his ears. He just...he just said 'yes'.

"Yes... I'll be there... I promise you..."

Yoseob still couldn't believe it. His tears were couldn't be control anymore. He let a faint laugh in victory. "Thank you..." he only could say that word. The warmth was overflowing him.

Doojoon brought that guy closer to him. This time, he made sure that there wasn't a single space existed between them. He caressed his back and then his smooth hair gently. A warm smile was acrossed his handsome face.

"Now, will you get some rest and sleep?" Doojoon asked warmly. His soft voice was soothing.

Yoseob smiled against his hard broad yet warm chest, and nodded his head. He snuggled before slowly drifted to sleep.

It was the first time after years he was sent to his wonderland. Not another scary nightmare. Feeling a strong protective arm around him, his gentle touch caressing his hair, his warmth that he gave him. He was sent completely to his nice slumber.

'Thank you...'he said that again in his mind.


 

Dear readers... Sorry for taking a long tme for updating this story... Well, what can I say here? Okay,..

First, I got writer’s block. Second, I lose my mood. Third, school is coming. Fourth, well... I’ll have a concert in a few days, so I spent most of my time in front of the piano instead of computer until I felt a sharp annoying pain on the back of my neck. If you want to know what I will play, here 'Deux Arabesque no 1' by Claude Debussy... I love that song even though I nearly broke my fingers and neck because of that^^

But hopefully, that writer’s block then disappeared and turned into idea.

So, yeah... I’ve updated.

For them, thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing this story... I hope I can see more comments from you guys... Happy reading...^^