Chapter 4

You are the Best of My Life

Listen to ‘Our Same World’ by Yiruma


Yoseob opened his eyes slowly. It felt really hard. His eyelids were like being glued. It’s so shiny. He tilted his head to the source of the light. The windows were opened. Ah... morning sun with its breeze. He could even hear faintly the birds were chirping. The wind blew the white curtain gently. He inhaled the sense as mush as he could and exhaled it slowly. It’s so refreshing. He didn’t even know when the last time he felt it. And heactually didn’t really care.

He tilted his head to the other side where the clock was hanging. 8AM... 8AM? Huh!He but his breathe, felt hot, and his body... it’s hurting and felt so weak.

‘What happen to me?

Then, like something poked his head. Yesterday, he went to a club. Did he get drunk? He didn’t know, I couldn’t remember how much glasses he had. And this room.

And now, I’m in that stranger room? Really?

He pushed himself to sit on the bed. ‘My head! He shut my eyes and grabbed his hair roughly, but it didn’t work. The pain was unbearable. He wanted to puke due the dizziness. Everything was like spinning on his eyes even though he had shut them.

‘Maybe I drank too much. But who cares? It’s not like the first time I got drunk. But why do I feel so weak?

After his head was kinda friendly and cooperating with him, he uncovered the blanket which was covering him and sat on the edge of the bed. That’s the first time he realized hisclothes. He was wearing a big sized white t-shirt with puppy and kitten picture hugging each other. A small smile crept on his face, but suddenly dissappeared when another thought hit him. Did that stranger change it?

A piece of paper with many red ‘!’ signs on the night stand caught his attention. It seemed like begging to be read, so he lazily took it. Well, like he guessed, that’s a note.

‘Hey! Good morning! Sorry for making many red ‘!’ signs. They’re just for getting your attention so you’ll read this. Maybe you wake up late. That’s fine. Just ge a rest. You’re body is burning and now you’re probably feeling your head is spinning and heavy. Don’t worry, I will tell Mr. Choi and get your dispensation.’

He scoffed and threw that paper away.

‘Huh! Mind your own bussiness!

He tried to stand up on hisfeet. But if he didn’t quickly grabbed the edge of the night stand, he probably might fall down to the ground. ‘Arggh!As his hand was supporting his body, he palmed his head and massaged the temples,trying to lessen the diziness. With his hand still on my temples, he walked like a drunk person to his room and went straight to the bathroom.

He used his hands to support his body on the sink and hung his head down. He panted for air. He didn’t know if walking from that guy’s room to his own room could be that tiring.

‘What happened to me exactly?

He closed his eyes and frowned, thinking hard. How can his head be that stupid? Blur images kept flowing his mind, but he couldn’t make the puzzle complete. He closed his eyes and frowned hard. Those pieces of puzzle were too messy. Hope that he could complete them. And it came into many blur visions.

‘Stay…’

“Arghh…” he grabbed his hair with one hand forcefully.

‘It feels…so good…’

Another blur image hit his head. He grabbed into the edge of the sink harder.

‘Sleep…’

‘You’re drunk.’

‘I miss this feeling…’

He lifted my head, looking into the reflection on the mirror.

‘Is it really me? That strange person. I feel that strange person is me…’he stared at that almost die face of the person on the mirror.

‘Will you be there?’

‘I’ll be there… I promise you…’

‘Thank you…’

His stare was blank, as blank as a blank paper. But other visions tickled him.

‘He exhaled heavily, before he moved his hand, and put it around his slender waist.’

‘He brought his small figure closer into his warm embrace.’

‘He caressed his smooth hair gently.’

‘He smiled at the time, before drifted to a nice slumber with the warmth covering him.’

“Argghhhh!!!” Yoseob screamed out loud and unconsciously punched his reflection with his right hand.

The other screamed of broken glass followed after the fierce scream of his. That guy hung his head down which was red by anger. He didn’t even know why the anger was irresistible inside him.

“Stupid!” he cursed under his breath. “Damn you bastard!”

Droplets of blood caught his attention. He looked at his right hand, bleeding badly. He could even see the strip of the glass on it.

‘Huh!’the pain was probably nothing for him. Nothing compared with the anger and the mix emotions inside him.


Walking in the morning before the sunlight became too hot and hitting your skin maybe could be one of the best ideas you could find. As always, the fresh air could be the best answer why most of people like it. As for Doojoon, that’s it! At least, it could refresh your mind before you squeezed it by the whole day you would face.

Doojoon entered the big gate of his new school with a usual smile that always attached on his handsome face. Another day, second day, what would happen? As he processed to his classroom, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned his head in reflect and directly greeted by a bright eye-smile from the other guy.

“Morning hyung!”

“Hey! Morning you too!” Doojoon greeted back with a smile as bright as him. “Hey, I bring your books. Thank you.”

“Really? Have you done with them?”

“Yup! I’ve done them all.”

They entered the class and took their seat. Doojoon sat behind Gikwang like yesterday.

“Are you really have done them?” Gikwang  widened his eyes like he didn’t believe what the other guy had said.

“Of course. Do I look like lying to you?” Doojoon rose his eyebrows and smiled again at the younger expression.

“Wow! You are really really great hyung! The notes are many, aren’t they? How could you finish copying them all in just a night? You didn’t use a photocopy machine or scanner, did you?”

“No,” Doojoon simply answered as he opened his rucksack and took out Gikwang’s books. “Here, yours,” Doojoon handed the books back to the owner.

“Woow~” Gikwang had a little problem because Doojoon just put them all into his arms. He quickly put the books on his desk before they fell down. “Ahh… But hyung-“

“Yup. What is it?”

“Can I see your notebook?” Gikwang squinted his eyes and eyed the older guy with a suspicious look and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“What for?” Doojoon eyed him back with the same look and crossed his arms.

Gikwang shrugged. “Clearing everything?” he rose his eyebrow.

Doojoon also rose his eyebrow. They were like having a stare competition.

“Com’on hyung. Show me. Prove what you said. I’m still curious with the notes.”

Doojoon sighed and lazily moved to take a notebook he had from his rucksack. “Here,” Doojoon gave Gikwang the book.

Gikwang quickly took it and flipped the page.  He stared at the page over pages and his eyes slightly got widen.

“Still not enough?” Doojoon asked in irritate. “Here again,” he gave him his other book.

Gikwang took it and did the same like the previous.

“Want more? Then these,” Doojoon gave him again. “Others? Here~ you go~” he finally took all of his notebooks he brought and gave them to Gikwang.

Gikwang could only drop his jaw in awe. All of those books were really complete like his and written tidily and perfectly. “Woah… You are really really  really cool! I can’t believe it you’ve done them in just a night!”

“You’ve said that,” Doojoon made a slight smirk as he made up his books again. “Clear for you now?”

Gikwang just gave a goofy grin at the older. He watched the older put the books into his rucksack again, then a question popped in his mind. “By the way, talking about night, how was your night hyung?”

Doojoon furrowed his eyebrows at the question. Last night? Lucky before he could utter something, Gikwang asked another question, but looked like it didn’t help.

“Owh! Where is Seobie by the way? I haven’t seen him yet this morning,” Gikwang glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. “The bell will ring soon. Where is he? He is not the late type.”

Doojoon stared at him in aware. It’s not because he afraid that he’s done a mistake or something last day, probably last night. But he was a bit afraid that he would answer something he shouldn’t, and mostly, it’s about Yoseob.

Luckily, just in time, the bell rang! Save by the bell! Doojoon quietly released a slight sigh of relief.

“Ah… The bell just rang. Just ignore my question hyung. I’ll ask him later. Hey! Mr. Choi is coming!” Gikwang quickly sat properly on his seat, but, “Oh! The homework! Give me yours hyung!”

Doojoon quickly gave him his. Gikwang sprinted to put them on the teacher’s desk and sat on his seat before the teacher came. The older only smiled simply and followed the younger guy sat nicely.

Then, Mr. Choi entered the class with folders on his arms. The class greeted him in unison as the teacher greeted them back. He started from taking the attendances from the students. Everyone was there, except that guy. “Yang Yoseob?” Mr. Choi called him with his eyes still fixed to the absent book in front of him “Yang Yoseob?” he called for the second time as he didn’t receive any answer. “Yang Yoseob?!”

“He is sick, Sir!”

Mr. Choi lifted his head and searched for the owner of the voice. His eyes fixed to the new student. “Yes Mr. Yoon?”

Gikwang spun his body to look at the guy behind him. He gave him a questioned face which replied with a quick glance.

“He is sick, Sir,” Doojoon quickly answered.

“Sick?”

“Yes. He catches a fever.”

Everyone in the class simply stared at the new guy. How could he know? Was he that close to that Yoseob guy? Really? The rebellion headed guy?

“Okay,” Mr. Choi the only knew the situation –other than Gikwang- just nodded and made a ‘sick’ sign in the absent.

Gikwang furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the older guy who was eyed him with a motion that he would tell him later. Gikwang just nodded his head once and focused to the teacher in front of him again.

The lesson begun with Mr. Choi shared their homework randomly and discussed it together. Gikwang eyed the older guy behind him a relief face that replied with a simply smile.

After up to two hours for the subject that Mr. Choi taught, they packed their stuff, ready to move to the next class. It was the time when the class’s door banged open harshly. Pairs of eyes turned into the door in unison. Gikwang’s jaw hung down. As for Doojoon, he was rigid on his spot.

Mr. Choi cleared his throat to get the attention back. He observed his student. Messy uniform, a bag slung in one shoulder, head hung down.  “Mr. Yang.”

The guy rose his head, meeting his lazy eyes with the teacher’s. just after that, Mr. Choi knew what the new student said was true. His face was as pale as a blank paper with beads of sweat on his forehead. He was leaning against the door with his hand to support his body, showing his right hand.

“Mr. Yang, I thought that you’re sick,” Mr. Choi said. “I’ve given your dispensation. Mr. Yoon told me that you’re not feeling well this morning, and I think that’s right. Your face is pale.”

With what Mr. Choi just said, that guy turned his head to Doojoon and sent him a piercing glare. Doojoon was still rigid. For second, they’re having a glare battle before Mr. Choi voice broke it.

“Mr. Yang, you can just take a rest in the infirmary room.”

“No Sir, I’m fine,” Yoseob finally spoke, even though his voice was flat like usual.

“I don’t think you’re fine, and what happen with your hand?”

Those pairs of eyes eyed the guy’s hand in reflect, and gasps were heard. His right hand was bandaged messily and the blood was still could be seen through the fabric. Gikwang was like want to say something, but he couldn’t find the right word. Doojoon just widened his eyes.

Yoseob flinched a bit. Not because of his hand’s condition, but because of those faces and reaction. He didn’t like being the limelight of the class. “I’m fine Sir,” he said again, still flatly.

“No, at least go to the infirmary to make up your bandage, before your cut gets infected.”

“I’m fine. Sir,” his voice was emphasized in each word.

“No,” Mr. Choi said seriously with his demanding tone. And Yoseob hated it to be demanded. “Mr. Yoon, companied Mr. Yang to the infirmary!”

Yoseob widened his eyes. He wanted to protest to die, but his mind to process the words was blocked because he felt like himself was nearly fall to the ground in no time. Everything was like spinning around him. What he could do just glare at the guy who was standing up from his chair and approaching him.

“Make sure the nurse clean up his wound and change the bandage,” Mr. Choi reminded him.

“Yes Sir,” receiving a nod from the teacher.

Doojoon approached the younger guy. He held his arm in attempt to support him because he knew how bad his condition was, but Yoseob harshly shove his hand away and walked out form the class.

For Yoseob, he hated his position now when he couldn’t fight that teacher. But he didn’t know why, it felt better with Mr. Choi demanding words than his father. He scoffed when he thought about that. His father? Is he really cared about him?

Yoseob just walked to the infirmary silent. Inside, he knew that he need to rest and he knew that that guy was following him behind. He could feel his breath became shorter in each time. Without realizing it, he put his hand in his head. In a few more steps, he loose his balance and nearly hit the ground if there wasn’t a pair of strong arms held him from behind.

Doojoon already be warned when the guy in front of his started to walk like a drunk person. And what he thought was true, he quickly caught him from behind before his body fell to the ground. But unexpectedly, he shove him again like always. Doojoon let him. He eyed that guy struggling to stand up. He tried to walk by his own.

Doojoon sighed as he watched that guy finally hit the ground. He walked approaching him without a word, talking his rucksack and wore it in front of his chest. He held the guy’s arms to help him stand up.

“Go!” he hissed.

Doojoon sighed and knelt down to see that guy on his eyes’ level. He stared right on his eyes. Doojoon’s face was slightly annoyed. “Go and leave you laying on the floor right now?”

Yoseob didn’t answer him. His eyes glued on his. Then he felt himself being carried on the taller guy’s back. “Put me down,” he said flatly.

“Just hang on there,” that guy replied him coldly before walked to the infirmary.

Yoseob knew that he couldn’t do anything even though his urge to smack that guy’s head from behind was roaming his mind. But his body was all numb. He felt so weak that he couldn’t even raise his hand properly without shaking. He stared at that guy’s back. Why did he do this?

Without his consciousness, he circled his arms around the older guy’s neck, leaning his body completely against the older’s back. He exhaled his hot breath heavily, slowly leaning his head on the older guy’s broad shoulder, snuggling to his nape. His arms wrapped onto that guy tighter, gripping his jacket with his weak hands, before he slowly closed his eyes.

Even though his temperature was burning, but why did he feel so warm?


Doojoon gently put the younger guy on the bed with help of the teacher in the infirmary.

“What happen with him?” the teacher asked.

Dooojoon looked at the lady in front of him who stared at him with a frown, waiting for his answer. The guy rolled his mind, searching for the best answer he could say. “Uhm… He probably didn’t get enough rest that his body is too tired and burning.”

“I see,” the lady said flatly.

Doojoon quietly sighed in relief that she didn’t see a sign of him lying. Of course he couldn’t say that the main reason why his condition was as bad as that time was he went hangover last night. But his relief seemed fade away when the lady fixed her eyes to Yoseob’s right hand.

“And what happen to this right hand?” she lifted the unconscious guy’s right hand and observed it.

Doojoon gulped. He didn’t know what happen with his right hand.

“Oh my!” that lady gasped. “Did he…did he break a glass with his hand?”

Doojoon widened his eyes. ‘Is he crazy?’ He shook his head slowly. “I-I don’t know Ma’am…”

“Is this kid that stupid?” the lady cursed under her breath.  She carefully unwrapped the bandage that stained with Yoseob’s blood, and simply widened her eyes and shook her head. “This kid is really stupid.”

Doojoon himself couldn’t hide his shook. Yoseob’s right hand was shining by the pieces of glass piercing his hand, and to make his condition getting worse was there was a long cut on the back of his hand near the bone of his knuckles. Doojoon swore he could see his bone in his slender hand.

The lady suddenly turned to Doojoon, made him snapped from his thought. “Mr…”

“Yoon Doojoon, Ma’am.”

“Okay Mr. Yoon. Just call me Mrs. Seo. So, enough for our introduction. Now, could you help me with bandage, cotton, iodine, and alcohol in the cupboard please? I’ll take the other stuffs to take the shattered glasses on his hand.”

“Yes Ma’am.”

With that, Doojoon took all the things that Mrs. Seo told him and put them on the metal cart provided there.

“Mr. Yoon, poor the alcohol with the dose the caps of the bottle to the bowl on the cart, then poor the water until the limit line there,” Mrs. Seo said.

Doojoon knew it wasn’t a request instead of a command. “Yes Ma’am.” He quickly went to the sink and did like the lady told him.

“Done?” Mrs. Seo appeared with many stuff on her hand and put them on the cart, some of them were on the bowl.

“Yes, Ma’am.”

“Now, please help me like it told you. Here,” she handed him pair of rubber gloves like they wanted to do an operation. “Use it. You might cut yourself by the glass if you don’t use it, beside I don’t want this kid to get more infected.”

Doojoon nodded understandingly. He took the gloves and wore them like the lady used.

Mrs. Seo started to do Yoseob’s hand, while Doojoon was being her assistant, taking each goods that the lady asked.

Doojoon fixed his eyes at the guy’s hand. One by one pierce of glassed was taken by the lady. The sound of glass against metal could be heard. After minutes passed, the pierces were many enough, most of them were small, but there were also the little big one.

“Mr. Yoon, please take the nail right there please.”

“Yes, Ma’am,” Doojoon quickly took the lady asked him.

She sewed the cut skillfully. Doojoon could only see with a frown, hissing silently. That’s skin! Being sewed with a needle came in and out! Then, he turned his head to the patient, hearing his soft murmur but mostly like a growl and a deep frown like he was trying to endure the pain.

“Mr. Yoon! Please hold his hand! He starts moving!” Mrs.  Seo said with a slight panic because she hadn’t finished with the cut, or it could be worse.

Doojoon quickly did what she said. His left hand held Yoseob’s arm, and the other held around his wrist.

“Please hold a bit tighter. I’m going to give the alcohol.”

“Y-yes…” he stuttered. He could imagine how it would sting with alcohol on a fresh scar. The smells of alcohol hit his nose.

The lady put cotton on the tip of the bottle and flipped it for several time, let the cotton being wet by the liquid. She gave a light touch at the sewed scar and Doojoon could feel Yoseob’s hand struggling and that guy growling at the pain as his head tossed from side to side with his eyes were still closed. The conscious guy lightly gripped his hand and unconsciously caressed it with his thumb like asking the unconscious one to relax.

Mrs.Seo did her job quickly and wrapped a bandage tidily. “Done…” she said and let a heavy sigh. She took off the rubbers and washed her hands. She gave the guy a sign to do the same as Doojoon followed her.

“Mr.Yoon, I need to leave you with him. I have to teach in a class. Please give him a compress. You know how to do it right?”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

“Right! And don’t forget to make sure that he eats something when he’s awake because he need to drink this medicine to lower his temperature,” she put the medicine she meant on her desk.

“Yes, Ma’am.”

“Good. I must to go now,” she left as the guy gave her a deep bow.

(Listen to ‘Our Same World’ by Yiruma)

Doojoon stared at the sleeping guy on the bed beside him. He still had a light frown and beads of sweat on his face. He snorted mostly to himself.

‘This guy… I could just let him fall on the ground with his hand bleeding like a gangster boy!’but he shook his head with a smile –like a father’s smile watching his little boy falls on his after he told him not to run around-

He gently removed the younger’s bangs and placed his hand on his forehead -feeling the younger’s temperature- and it was really high! Doojoon swore he could feel his hand burning! He rushed to the shelf and took a thermometer, placing that thing near the sick guy’s ear hole.

A ‘click’ sound could be heard and the result was on it.

Doojoon couldn’t hide his shocked face. It was 40.1 degree Celcius! “Gosh! He better can fight himself…” he said under his breath.

Doojoon realized that Yoseob was still in a complete uniform just like past night when he went to his room at early in the morning with a drunk condition. He smiled at the thought. “See? I’ve told you to take a medicine…”

Doojoon sighed and started to take off his shoes and placed them on the ground. That guy placed his hand on the younger’ back and supported him to sit up without waking him up. Yoseob’s head was placed on his shoulder while he took off his jacket with his free hand quickly but careful enough to not to hurt his hand.

The sick guy frowned deeply and groaned when the cold air hit his body.

“Wait in second, okay?” Doojoon said but mostly to himself since the Yoseob guy couldn’t hear him. He gently laid him again on the bed, taking off his tie so that he could rest comfortably. He pulled a blanket until under his chin. Seeing the younger guy’s face softening, the older guy sighed in relief.

Doojoon then took off his own jacket and place it on a chair along the younger guy’s. He rolled his shirt’s sleeves up until about his elbow and loosened his tie. He went to the metal cart, pouring the water-alcohol mixture and changed it with the new fresh warm water one from the sink. Then he placed it again on the metal cart. He took a clean towel provided in the cupboard and sank it into the warm water. After the fabric was all wet, he took it again and squeezed it, but still let the warmth there. Doojoon gently removed the bangs’ of the younger guy and placed the wet warm towel on his forehead.

Yoseob slightly let a deep groan feeling something on his forehead, but soon relaxing when he could feel the warmth warming him up.

Doojoon exhaled heavily. He caressed his smooth hair gently, sending him to a nice rest.


The recess bell just rang, and that guy was…

“Gikwang! Wait! Collect your assignment first!” a girl of his classmate shouted to remind the rushing guy.

“On my desk! Just take it!” the young man yelled back while slinging another bag on his shoulder and rushing out from the class.

“Hey!” but no use to shout again, he already ran away.

Gikwang quickly ran to the medical room. He didn’t even bother if the bags on both of his shoulder hit other persons he passed, not even those eyes eyed him with those faces. The only thing in his mind was, his bro was sick! And he needed to see his condition!

He opened the door with a loud bang. Luckily the room was suspicious, or else, he was going to wake the sick guy! And seeing the sight in front of him, well… his face changed.


Leggie is in the house~! >w< who miss me? kekeke~ I've updated with this chapter by the way... Please do comment and tell me your opinion and make sure you do comment okay? ^^v

@MoonLight7 : kekeke~ sure~ anytime chinggu-ah ^^

@purrrplehong13 : really? awww~ thank you~ >w< nae~ the bad guy Yoseob still has those guys beside him... and the Seunghyun guy, well... it's still a secret ;p

@yowhatseob : thank you~ thank you~ thank you~ >w< kekeke~ glad that you like the story ^^ well, I've updated by the way ^^

@yoseobiegirl : thank you~ XD nae...I've updated the new chapter for ya~

@heavenrain : long comment! yeay~~ ^o^ kekeke~ Seunghyun is still a secret~ :p yah! skin him alive is a crime you know! aigoo~ about Gikwangie thingy, it's also a secret... stay tune! ^^v

@Duaiwoon : thank you~ ^^ I'm happy you like it ^^

@b2utyb2st : THANK YOU!!! *scream like a crazy fangirls* kekeke~

@moonhunter666 : thank you~ >w< I like your proverb by the way ^^ the card is...well...secret! kekeke~ ;p

@ReddyHong : like this one? haha~ thank you for your review... but I don't really know how to make chapter end like that, so I just make it if it really needed ^^ thank you~ XD

By the way, guys, because I'm one of those kind lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy persons, please do remind me with this story in every way you want, comment, on my wall, if needed on my twitter (well, you can search my username with my username on aff ^^v) and sorry for a suppa duppa late update T^T mianhae *bows* I hope this one can make up...

By the way, welcome to my new reader~ yeaaayyy~ \(^o^)/ Hope you guys like this story ^^v