Up and Down

Distraction

“Let’s start with that shall we?” Jaeseop pointed to the flying swings.

“Erm…all right…” you hesitated for a while as you see those swings slowly elevated and the speed start to increase in rotating while you two are queuing

You can see that his eyes just sparkled when he seems can’t stop staring at the rides. With his that look, it seems that all your nervousness doesn’t seems so important anymore.

After a few minutes of wait, both of you finally got onto the ride. Jaeseop decided to sit at the most outer seats whereas you sat at the one beside him.

“Oh god, this is going to be so fun!” all the excitement was shown on his face.

“Haha, yeah it will be…” tried to hide your worries from him.

Soon, the ride started as you can see yourself being lifted slowly away from the group. You began to break out in cold sweat that you grabbed onto the handle tightly. It started to rotate as you can hear all the screams from different people. You can feel the ride is getting faster within a few minutes that both of your eyes were remained closed tightly while start to shake. You sighed as the ride finally ended.

Being unbuckled from the seats, your legs seems like detached from your own body. Jaeseop came and grabbed your hands as both of you headed to the next ride before you recovered from your phobia from the ride.

What is worrying you has finally arrived as you found both of you queuing up for the main highlight of amusement park, the roller coaster. All the people that are queuing seem so excited and happy apart from you. You were clenching your hands as you can feel drops of cold sweat just rolled down along the side of your cheek.

“Are you okay?” a sudden voice of concern from him.

“Yeah…I am ok… just feeling a bit warm here.” Once again you smiled, trying to lie to him as you wish no to damper his mood.

“All right then, after these lets get some snacks, I am starting to feel hungry already.” He patted your head when the corner of his lips slowly lifted up.

Slowly both of you headed into the roller coaster, suddenly you felt a pair of hands just placed on your shoulders as your glanced with the side of the corner of your eyes, is Jaeseop who is trying to guide your along the way. That action simply makes you gasped as your mouth was slightly opened, unsure how to react. As you sat down on the seats, the safety cushioned buckle being lowered down slowly as the staffs help to check whether it was tightly locked on.

 As the ride going to start, Jaeseop turned and checked on you.

“Are you okay? You looked pale.”

“I…I…am all right…just…getting a little bit nervous.” You said it with your trembling voice.

“Hold on to me” as he holds your hands with both your fingers interlocked with each other, you simply holding onto him tightly.

The ride simply started as the ride jerked while slowly moved up towards the metal hill which gave you ample time to build up the tension. You tried to open up your eyes and look around at the scene which totally freaked the hell out of you after realizing how high the ride had gone up to. Just then, a brief pause occurred as the ride was stopped at the top of the metal hill. Without any warning, you can feel your whole body was dropped and started screaming. Gusts of winds are constantly blowing throughout the whole rocky ride, you can feel your started tearing and one of your hands grabbing to Jaeseop’s hand tightly and another on the metal handle. The ride continued around along the upside down loop and followed with a numerous short dips and sharp turns. Finally, the ride went into a tunnel as it slowed down which marked the end of the whole thrilling ride.

Being released from the ride, you could not even walk properly as you keep stumbling across the walkway. Unable to balance yourself, you collapsed yourself onto the group at the exit and started coughing badly.

“Are you ok? Oh my god…come let’s take a seat there.” Once finish, he scooped you up from the group and brought you to a bench nearby.

You just sat there started trembling without saying a word. Face turned pale like a white paper with cold sweats covered and rolled up your whole body. You seemed to have a panic attack as you can feel your tears slowly flowed down. All of the sudden, a long big arms went round your trembling body and eventually the warmth managed to calm yourself down.

“You are ok now, everything is over now…don’t worry” the gentle voice that whispered into your years as you can feel him patting on your head to ease yourself.

After release from his arms, he took good look at your face as he sighed.

“Why you didn’t tell me that you unable to take the ride?” he asked with a gentle voice

“Well, just don’t want to damper your mood since you want to be here” you smiled as you answered.

“Silly girl, we can chose other place to hang out, you no need to bother with my choice right?”

“Because…I….” you stopped yourself before you spilled out the beans on how you feel towards him.

“Because you??” he went curious about your answer.

“Because…erm…I wanna try out my guts?” you let out a bitter laugh.

“Seriously?! Don’t you do that anymore, it worries me when I see you like this.” He said it with a serious face.

“All right...let’s get something to eat. I am hungry” trying to change the subject, as you pouted at him.

“Sigh… all right lets go, I am hungry too lets have some burgers shall we?” luckily the topic about food manage to divert his attention on you.

After grabbing the food, you guys took a rest before heading around to those little game stall and stall playing games. Both of you have lots of funs playing these little games as smiles and laughter was all around the whole time. There is even once where Jaeseop manage to get a huge teddy bear as a reward after hitting a bull eye. He handled you as a gift.

The sky slowly filled with pale orange as both you and Jaeseop heading to the Ferris wheel as the last ride. As the Ferris wheel was spinning, you were amazed by the beautiful scenery as you look out the window.

“So how was your day?”

“Erm, well beside the scary ride, I have lots of fun today. Thanks for bringing me here. ” a wide smile was showed on your face.

“Well, there is another reason why I ask you out today.”

“Hmm…What’s up?” you asked as you still admiring the beautiful scene outside.

“I…I am going back to South Korea soon…”