Chapter 2 The Seach

Love Through A Song

*Ryumi's POV*

A week of hard-core training with my cheerleading team has past and it's the night before we go back to Korea for some relaxation time with our families.

"Dara Mr. Simple, Simple" my phone went off to Mr. Simple which is one of the songs your cousin's group sang in 2011.

"Yeobseyo?" I aswered.

"Ryumi?" I heard my umma over the phone.

"Neh, umma. How are you doing?" I greeted.

"I'm fine, thank you. Did you and your team get a lot of good training in this week?" She asked in a motherly tone.

"Neh umma, we all worked so hard that we decided to have three weeks off of not practicing together because we did enough training for a month!" I exaggerated.

"That's good, but I need you to stay in Japan for a little while longer than your teammates are going to be there okay?" she informed me.

"Waeyo umma?" I asked, curiosity filling me.

"One of Kyuhyun's friends os going over to Japan for a while and I want you to greet him when he gets there." She explained.

"But how am I going to know who he is and what he looks like if you don't at least tell me." I whined.

"You'll know when you see him. Now Umma has to go. I'll see you soon!" She said.

"Neh. Bye umma. Sarangheyo." I replied and hung up.

'How am I going to know him when I see him if I haven't met any of the Suju members and I don't know if they've changed their hairstyles since then. Guess that I'll find out tomorrow.' I thought as I got ready for bed.

 

"Unnie, why aren't you comming back with us?" Nina, the youngest of our team asked.

"Yeah, why aren't you comming with us?" Riku asked.

"My umma jst informed me last night that I must stay here for a little while longer because one of my cousin's friends is comming to Japan for a bit." I explained and all of them said oh.

"Are you going to try out for that?" Riku asked and I looked over to where she was pointing.

Auditions for a duet partner was what the sign had on it and Riku knows that I've been waiting to get my singing judged for a while now, well actually all six members knew that but Riku supported and understood me the most since I've known her the longest.

"I guess, I do have more free time now that I'm staying here longer, so why not?" I said and they all started cheering and gave me many words of support and love.

"I'm sure you'll be his partner Ryumi Unnie! I can just feel it!" Nina exclaimed which made all of us giggle.

"Yeah, you have an amazing voice so you will do very well at the auditions." the twins Maya and Mia chimed in at once.

"We agree with them!" Kyungmi and Sookyung chirped together. (Their sisters)

"Gomawo! Now let's get you guys to the gate before you're late for your flight." I announced like the leader I am even though I'm the second youngest.

"Annyeong unnie!" Nina exclaimed.

"Bye Ryumi!" the rest said as they left.

"Ryumi!" Riku called as I turned away.

"What's wrong unnie?" I asked as she handed me a small silver box.

"It's a good luck charm from me and the others. I bought the bracelet and the heart charm, the others also bought charms and put them on there." she smiled.

I opened the box and found a beautiful charm bracelet with six different charms on it.

"It's beautiful! Gomawo! Tell the others thanks for me. I will do my absolute best to be his duet partner! I promise!" I exclaimed with a big genuine smile on my face.

Riku gave me one last hug before she left to catch her flight. 'Now I have to look for Kyu oppa's friend.' I thought with a smile on my face.

 

*Ryeowook's POV*

I couldn't wait until I could hold auditions, so in order to waste some time I explored the airport.

"I'm sure you'll be his partner Ryumi Unnie! I can feel it!" I heard a girl say from inside of a cafe' that i was passing by.

I saw seven girls talking to this one really pretty girl about auditions and they even pointed to a poster that was put up to advertise the auditions.

'Judging by that girl's voice, she may have a sweet singing voice. I have to remember her face.' I thought as I coninued to explore the airport.

"Ryeowook!" I heard someone call me and it was one of the managers that they sent to help me.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Are we leaving now?" I greeted/asked.

"Annyeonghaseyo and yes. You must be well rested for the auditions tomorrow. Here's a file with all of the aplicant's names and profiles." He informed me and handed me a folder full of papers.

"Kamsahabnida Mr. Lee. Let's go." I thanked and we walked out of the airport and took a taxi to our five star hotel. After I unpacked I took a shower and went to sleep.

 

*Ryumi's Pov*

I waited in the airport until 8PM and then left because it was getting late and I had to be well rested for the auditions tomorrow. Riku told me that she had already signed me up as soon as she saw the poster and I gratefully thanked her for that. I now have to call umma to tell her that I didn't see him and about the auditions for tomorrow.

"Yeobseyo. Ryumi?" My umma aswered.

"Annyoenghaseyo Umma. I didn't see Kyu Oppa's friend so I think that he either came earlier than I did or arrived after I left." I greeted/ informed her.

"Oh, it's okay. So how are things there now that your friends aren't there?" She asked, a hint of worry behind her voice.

"I'm fine, I also want to let you know that I'm auditioning to become a duet partner for a famous singer tomorrow." I happily announced.

"Chincha? OMO! Yeobo! Our little girl is auditioning to become a famous singer's duet partner!" She yelled most likely to Appa.

"Good luck Ryumi!" Both of them said.

"Gomawo! I have to go now so that I can wake up early tomorrow." I said and I heard them sigh a sad sigh.

"Neh, you must be busy preparing. Goodnight. We love you" they said together in perfect unison. (That's my (adoptive) parents for you)

"I love you guys too, good night." I replied and blew them a kiss before hanging up.

I got a really cute outfit out for tomorrow just in case I wake up late tomorrow. The outfit consisted of a really cut white cut-sewn tank top with a white ruffled miniskirt that went just a little bit above my knees and a pair of short heels.

'Just my style.' I thought as I reviewed my outfit.

I took a quick shower and put on my Hello Kitty (yes Hello Kitty) pajama gown and went to sleep.

 

*Ryeowook's POV*

I woke up at 4AM to the sound of Mr. Lee shouting at me to wake up and get ready from outside my hotel room.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I yelled as I got up from my bed and got ready for the auditions.

About an hour later, Mr. Lee and I went over to the place where the auditions are being held today. I went over all of the auditioners profiles and one looks odly familiar but I just shrugged it off. It was 7AM when they started letting the auditioners in and at 8AM  they stopped letting people in because they want someone who is always on time and who meets my requirements. I looked at the small crowd and was a little dissapointed.

'Who knows, maybe I can find her today?' I thought happily.

"You can let the first auditioner in." I said in a professional tone.

 

*Ryumi's POV*

I got up at 5AM and quickly got dressed and straightened my hair. I put on light make up that matched my outfit and got into my car after having a light breakfast of toast with jam and apple juice. I arrived there at 6:30AM and the workers were very impressed that I was there 30 minutes ahead of time but I was the last to audition because I forgot to get a number for the order we audition in until there was almost no one else and I got the last number. (I got laughed at for my clumsiness by the workers. I felt so embarressed >///< ) I went into the audition room and stood on the red x on the floor. There were two judges, one with a hat covering the majority of his face and a more older one that looked like he was in his mid forties.

"Please introduce yourself stating your name, age, song and special abilities." the elder one said.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Cho Ryumi imnida! I'm 18 years old and I'm going to sing to IU's You & I. My special abilities are that I can hold a note for over 2 minutes and people have always told me that my voice is perfect for harmonies and slow songs, but I can sing any type of music you want me to because I have absolute pitch so I just have to hear the music to know which tone, the amount of feeling and key to use. It's very nice to meet you two and I hope you will enjoy my performance that I have prepared for you today!" I cheerfully introduced mysel, being the cheerleader that I am, and the elder seemed to be impressed.

"We will introduce ourselves to you at the end of your performance. You may cue the music when Miss Cho is ready." the elder stated.

I nodded and the music started, signalling me to start singing my heart out to IU's cute, smooth, and gentle singing style in You & I. After I finished, the jugdes had a shocked look on their faces and I was able to see more of the younger judge's face.

'Is that Kim Ryeowook from Kyu Oppa's group? No, it can't be... Oppa's in Korea and he didn't tell me anything about one of s comming to Japan or was Ryeowook the one that Umma was telling me about?' I thought.

"I'm Lee Minsoo, this guy's temporary manager while he is overseas. Nice to meet you Miss Cho." Mr. Lee introduced himself and offered a handshake.

"The pleasure is all mine, and you can call me Ryumi if you want to." I smiled as I accepted his handshake.

"I'm Kim Ryeowook, you may know me as I am a member of Super Junior." Ryeowook introduced himself, giving me his killer smile and offering a handshake.

"Nice to meet you Ryeowook shi." I greeted as I shook his hand.

"Don't be so formal with me, call me oppa." He pouted which made me smile.

"Neh Ryeowook Oppa." I corrected myself which made him smile.

"I just wanted to say that you have a reaaly good voice Ryumi, maybe you'll get to be Ryeowook's duet partner on his solo album that is going to be released about four months after he finds a duet partner." Mr. Lee informed/ complemeted me.

"Solo album?" I confusedly asked while looking at Ryewook.

"It's not really a solo album. It's going to be an album full of different genres of duet songs when I find my perfect partner." he informed me and I nodded in understanding.

"So, how does it feel talking to an international super star?" Mr. Lee asked and I started to blush a little as I realized the situation that I'm in.

"It's like a dream come true..." I soflty said.

It's true though, aside from Kyu Oppa, Ryeowook is my bias in Super Junior.

"Is that it?" Mr. Lee pushed which made me blush even more.

"Aigoo, hyung! She's embarrased! Stop asking her those type of questions." Ryeowook defended me which made me feel all warm inside.

"It's okay Oppa, I'm just a bit shy sometimes." I assured him, which is true, you can ask my close friends.

"Are you really okay?" He asked worriedly.

"Neh." I nodded.

"We have to go now Ryeowook. You have a lot of work to do. Again, it was really nice meeting you Ryumi. I hope to see you in the future." Mr. Lee butted in.

"Bye Ryumi!" Ryeowook waved as he got dragged away.

"Bye Oppa!" I yelled back at him because he was halfway down the hall.

I was almost out of the building when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Ryumi?" Ryeowook asked as I turned to see him.

"What's wrong Oppa?" I asked him.

"Oh, good. I thought you left already. Anyways, Let's exchange numbers. I really like you and would like to keep in touch with you even if you don't get selected as my partner." Ryeowook said and I nodded, handing him my phone as I took his and out my number into it.

"It would be really cool if I could keep in touch with you. I mean, you are my bias in Super Junior after all." I said, mumbling the last part.

"I didn't quite catch the last part." He said confusedly.

"Oh, I was just quietly mumbling my number to myself." I covered up my mistake and he bought it.

'Thank god he bought it' I thought as I waved goodbye to him after he said bye to me.

I was in a very happy mood the whole day, and I even told Umma and Appa all about it. They were proud of my choice not to tell him that I'm Kyu Oppa's adoptive cousin and we talked for a bout half an hour before I got ready for bed since I got home around 8PM after the auditions. (It took a VERY long time for them to start because of technical difficulties.) I went to sleep still in a good mood and had sweet dreams that night.

 

*Ryeowook's POV*

The auditions were honestly very boring until a girl named Ryumi came in and shocked me with the similarity of her voice with the voice that I remember from 10 years ago. After I started to get to know her a bit I felt a bit of a connection between us, well even more of one because as soon as I heard her voice i felt a slight connection.

'What if she's the one?' I thought as I looked at her number on my phone.

"<3 Ryumi <3" it read.

'How cute. Just like her and her angelic voice. I have to have a talk with Minsoo hyung later about Ryumi.' I thought as I recalled her performance.

"Ryeowook! We must have a meeting about today's audition." Minsoo hyung called through the opposite side of my door.

"Neh Hyung! I'll be right there!" I yelled back and quickly went into the livingroom of our hotel room.

We discussed the good and the bad things of every singer except for when we got to Ryumi.

"I personally don't think that there were any faults in Ryumi's performance." Minsoo hyung commented after a moment of thinking.

"I agree, and she did also say that she has absolute pitch, so we could get the feel of a song instantly if she has the lyrics and the music." I agreed while also thinking that she's the one that I'm looking for.

"I think that she'd be a good match for you." Hyung said which made me smile.

"I do too. She has the exact voice that I'm looking  for too." I smiled as I thought of us singing on stage together.

"Is she the one that you've been looking for all these years?" Hyung suddenly asked which made me cough on my drink after I took a sip.

"I think so. Wait. How do you know about that?" I asked, shock written all over my face.

"I know many things, be careful about what you do in the future as well." He replied and took a sip of his tea.

I just stared at him in shock.

"Are you in love with her?" he asked.

'There he goes being completely sidekick with his questions.' I thought.

"Neh, I've loved her ever since I saw her perform 10 years ago. But how did you know that?" I replied.

"Her name is surrounded by hearts in your contact list on your phone." He replied and I felt really dumb.

'Pabo, I know that hyung checks my phone every now and then but I still did that! I'm such a pabo!' I thought as I mentally face-palmed myself.

"We exchanged phones when we got eachother's numbers." I tried to cover it up.

"Whatever you say. But we still need to visit the other places so that the fans don't think that the auditions are rigged. We will leave the day after tomorrow and I will inform president Sooman about our decision in the morning. For now get some rest and you have tomorrow to do as you please as long as you don't get caught." Minsoo hyung informed me and I went to my room after nodding and bidding him goodnight.

'Maybe I should text Ryumi and make plans with her for tomorrow.' I thought as I looked at my phone again.

 

*Third person POV*

~Ryeowook Oppa~

Hey, it's Ryeowook. Do you have any plans for tomorrow?

 

<3Ryumi<3

Hi Oppa, no I don't have any plans for tomorrow. Why do you want to know?

 

~Ryeowook Oppa~

Wanna hang out then? I'm free and I leave the day after tomorrow.

 

<3Ryumi<3

Okay. What time and where do we meet?

 

~Ryeowook Oppa~

I'll be at your place around 10AM. By the way, I need your address.

 

<3Ryumi<3

Okay, and I'm currently staying at a hotel because I'm visiting here for a while. It's xxx building room xxx on floor xxx.

 

~Ryeowook Oppa~

I'll be sure to remember that. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then.

 

<3Ryumi<3

Neh Oppa. See you then.

 

After texting eachother, both of you felt very weird, your hearts were pounding just by imagining your day out with eachother tomorrow and felt very happy knowing that you'd see eachother soon.

'Just maybe... I'm in love...' Was both of you guy's last thought before drifting off to sleep.