Chapter 1 The Beginning

Love Through A Song
*Ryeowook's POV*
-In the auditorium 10 years ago in Japan-
I'm here at a recital that my mom and dad got invited to in and this one girl had caught my attention with her voice. 'Her voice is sweet, gentle, is great for harmonies and could most likely lulluby a really agitated baby to sleep with no problem. The sound of her voice is stuck in my head. I really want to meet that girl but my parents have to go and that means that I do too. I may only be a 6 year-old but I can tell where talent is when I see it and she has a LOT of it. Maybe I can meet her in the future.' I thought as my parents dragged me out of the building when the recital was over.

*Ryumi's POV*

I was exitedly waiting for my mom and dad to arrive so that I could sing my heart out for them when it was my turn up on stage. Even though I didn't see them and there were too many people for me to look for them in the crowd I still sang my heart out for everyone but at the end of the recital, my troupe leader told me my parents had died in an accident. They burned to death and I went into a deep depression, soon I got kicked out of my troupe and was sent to an orphanage because I couldn't sing with passion anymore. The same day I arrived I got adopted by Cho Kyuhyun's aunt and uncle from Super Junior. I got really close to him over the years in Korea because my parents often brought me over to his house so that I could play with him while they went work. Now I'm 18 and the lead cheerleader of my cheer team made up of friends from before and after the accident. I'm currently in Japan with my team for special practice.

"Oppa! Annyeong!" I greeted when I answered my phone.

"Annyeong Ryumi! How are you doing over there in Japan?" Kyuhyun oppa asked.

"I'm fine, my team and I are getting good practice here and we may just win next year." I enthusiastically replied.

"That's good to know, now you can't forget about oppa while you're there arraseo?" Kyu (my nickname for him)  playfully said.

"Arraseo oppa. I've got to go now. Saranghae oppa!" I replied and blew a kiss through the phone.

"Nado Saranghae. Bye Ryumi." He said and hung up.

"Was that your cousin?" Riku, my japanese friend asked.(By the way I'm 100% Korean, but spent many years in Japan)

"Neh, he was just checking up on me but we haven't finished pratice yet so I told him that I couldn't really talk." I explained as she nodded.

We quickly finished up practice and went back to our hotel rooms to take showers and relax.

*Ryeowook's POV*

I heard Kyuhyun get off of the phone with a female and became very curious since I needed to get my mind off of wether or not I could hold auditions to find that one girl who stole my heart 10 years ago in Japan.

"Who were you talking to Kyuhyun?" I casually asked as I strolled over there.

"My adoptive cousin Ryumi." He replied with a huge smile on his face.

"You have and adoptive cousin?" I asked, shocked he didn't tell me before.

"Neh, she's in Japan right now training with her cheerleading team." He said while thinking about something.

"Why are you so interested in my cousin hyung?" He asked after I sat next to him on the couch.

"I'm trying to keep my mind off of what hyung says about Sooman's decision on wether or not I can hold auditions to find a duet partner." I stated and he nodded with an "oh".

"My cousin is the captain of the cheerleading team that she's with in Japan. Her friends have been with her since before and after the accident so my aunt and uncle decided to let them all go to Japan with her." Kyuhyun said.

"What accident?" I curiously asked.

"The day of her recital 10 years ago, her parents died in a car accident on their way to go and see her perform." Kyuhyun said with a face of sadness and seriousness.

I nodded and that's when Kyungsoo hyung (our manager) came in yelling.

"You can go ahead with the auditions! You leave for Japan in one week!" He yelled and told me to go and pack my things.

 'I can finally look for her.' I thought with a smile on my face.