How It Started PT 4 (Chanyeol)

Alienated Infection [On Hiatus]

 

So basically, this is all Chanyeol.

It's not in his POV though, but everything here is just Chanyeol. Since I've been neglecting him in this story so much! I've decided to give him some love this chapter by making this all him! I'll bring in Baekhyun and Armin in the next chapter . . . and maybe sprinkle in some Kyungsoo and Kai in there.

XD Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! I mean since I updated early and all! Till the next update!~

- ladyttalgi

 


 

20 Minutes Later With Chanyeol

 


 

"Aish, I'm finally here," said Chanyeol. He had just arrived at the Merchant's Square. He parked his hovercycle near some trees and was walking over to the Lost and Found Department. 

I have to start somewhere right?

 

ZAP.

 

"! That hurt!" Chanyeol had walked right into the force field and had fallen back with a burnt nose.

Oh great! Just great! he thought. Tbere's a force field in my way!

He kicked the ground in frustration.

Chanyeol decided to scale the square to see if he could catch a glimpse of Baekhyun. He walked around and was right next to the liquor store when he heard someone. 

"Gah!" It sounded like a male voice. Chanyeol pulled out his shotgun and slowly crept towards the source of the voice to see who it was.

"Gosh, I'm pretty paranoid today," whispered Chanyeol to himself.

It was just a boy who looked to be 11 or 12, he had messy brown hair and green eyes. The boy punched the force field, swore, then walked away.

Well, that's a sight you don't see everyday. Chanyeol knew he couldn't do anything about the force field or get in unless maybe Kai or D.O were here.

"Sorry Bacon, but you're just gonna have to wait for a rescue team a bit longer okay?" he said quietly.

He left Suho a message saying he arrived but had no means of getting in.

He decided to see if there was maybe a hole or rip in the force field and started to look.

However, instead of finding a crack in the shield, he found something else.

"Holy crap, those things look like zombies," he squinted. 

Darn he thought. I should've brought my glasses or contacts.

He saw what looked like three figures huddled over a mass of . . . entangled body parts, guts, and lotsa blood. That was the best description he could make at the moment. There were crunching and sounds coming from them on the other side of force field.

And Baekhyun is in there with these things?

Is he alive?

Oh no. No. No! 

Chanyeol's breathing became more erratic and he started to pace around.

Is he? Oh god. Or did he become infected by them and is now one of them? Or worse, did he meet a girl? GAH. He must be dead isn't he?

His heart felt like it had just leapt out of his chest.

"Chanyeol, calm down!" he yelled at himself. He was having a panic attack.

"Take deep breaths!"

The zombies stopped what they were doing and looked around.

"One. Two. Three. Four. FIve. Six. Seven. . . Eight. . . . . .Nine. . ." counted Chanyeol.

Stay calm. Stay calm.

He breathed in slowly and started to take in his surroundings.

The zombies finally saw Chanyeol on the ground just a few meters away from them. They moved toward him.

 

ZAP.

 

Chanyeol laughed at the sight, he didn't know why but he just found the situation extremely funny. The three zombies kept walking into the force field and burning themselves.

 

ZAP. ZAP. ZAP.

 

One of the zombies stopped trying to get to him and started to look for new prey to eat.

But, what happened next was something he did not see coming.

Chanyeol's eyes went wide and he froze, a living statue.

He started to rapidly scoot away from the force field. You wouldn't think he was a pyrokinetic and a military soldier if you had seen him at that moment. Well, he usually didn't seem that way actually.

That. That-that thing . . . It-it just.

The zombie that had started to look for new prey to eat . . . didn't get a chance to look.

 

A large 7 inch beak tore out of the zombie's mouth. 

Then, the spindly, bony arms encrusted in blood. 

After that, the large lumpy head and tiny legs. It , the whole entire thing, was red and covered in black slime.

 

The zombie looked like its jaw had broke but that wouldn't matter anymore.

Because the zombie just literally exploded.

Exploded.

And not like the explosion with a bomb involved, no.

The zombie exploded into hundreds of slimy writhing wormlike creatures.

Thank god for the force field.

The worms looked like slugs with a beak, hundreds of bony legs, and covered in tiny hairs. Then, as if things couldn't get even worse, they started to attack each other. Next, they started to eat each other. It was eat or be eaten. The ones eating kept getting larger and larger.

Chanyeol sat still, just watching the creatures battle for life. He couldn't look away, couldn't blink.

But, it didn't matter. The one super large slug that had won the battle between the mini creatures was ripped apart by the alien that had come out of the zombie's mouth. It picked him into its beak one by one.

Chanyeol decided he would take no more of this and ran to a bush and vomited until he could no more. He ran back to his hover cycle, which he parked far away from the scene and gulped down what felt like to him a gallon of water. He needed it or else he was gonna start throwing up blood instead soon.

I need to get away from this for a few minutes. Just a few minutes, he thought. But no matter how badly he wanted to leave, he couldn't. Baekhyun was all alone here. With those things.

"Sorry hyung-nim, but you're just gonna have to wait a few," he breathed out. He couldn't block out what he just saw. 

I need to get away he thought again. Then, Chanyeol remembered the kid from earlier.

"Maybe that kid might have an idea of what the hell is going on here," he told himself.

So, Chanyeol set out to find the green eyed boy who cursed at the force field just a few minutes ago. Those few minutes, those few seconds had felt like a life time.

He got out his Thermal Detector from his leg pouch.

Thank god the battery isn't dead.

Sehun and Chanyeol spent their free time playing with the gadget until Kris yelled at them.

 


 

12 Minutes Later

 


 

He tracked the boy's steps to a little village just a little ways (a mile) from the square.

So this is where the kid ran off to huh.

It was a nice cozy town with large cottage homes and stone steps. The people seemed really happy, like they've never even heard of the current war going on between the humans and the aliens.

Just then, visions of the zombies took over his eyes and he double over clutching at his chest.

I can't breathe! I can't breathe! 

He had a coughing fit.

His body felt like it had increased 200 degrees. He was having yet another panic attack, and this time, it was worse.

He kept seeing the zombie and the alien coming out of its mouth.

 

SPLASH.

 

Chanyeol blinked. Someone had just splashed him with water.

He looked up to see the boy he was looking for and a girl about the same age as him. She had black hair and a blank face.

"Uh, wha- um," Chanyeol sputtered out unintelligibly.

"You were on fire," said the girl like it was the most thing in the world.

I was on fire?

Man, and I thought I had perfect control over my powers! I better not mention this to Lay or Suho.

Chanyeol chuckled. The boy offered his hand and helped him up off of the ground.

"My name's Eren Jaeger, you got a name?"

"You sure you should be telling a stranger you name there?"

"I've seen a lotta bad guys and you don't look like one," Chanyeol started to laugh even louder.

"Park Chanyeol at your service," he bowed. "And what's your name my dear lady?" she looked at Eren and he nodded.

"Mikasa, you can call me Mikasa," she tightened the red scarf around her neck.

"Well, thank you again for splashing me with that water, I need that. But, uh, do you have any towels I could maybe borrow?"

Eren offered to go to his house to go get some towels and invited Chanyeol with them.

He told him about his village and what they did. Turns out they actually were a big help in the war unlike what Chanyeol thought at first. Then he started to talk about how he met Mikasa (which was . . . a very surprising story) but when he mentioned his other friend, a dark look came over his face. But Chanyeol could ask him about it, they arrived at his house.

"I'm here with the firewood, and I brought a guest over mom!"

It was a big cozy cottage like the other houses. It was the kind that Luhan and Xiumin liked.

"Oh, you did? Are you sure Mikasa didn't get the firewood? And who is the guest you've brought over today?" the mom asked while she dried the dishes. "And, er, why is he all wet?"

 Eren was red because his mom had caught on quickly that he didn't do his chores that day.

Mikasa explained to her about Chanyeol being on fire and dousing him out.

"Now, how in the world did you get set on fire in the first place?" the father asked him.

As Chanyeol took a towel the mother had given him and the tea they had offered him, he told them it would be a very long story.

The father looked at the mother and she nodded.

"We have time,"

"Well," Chanyeol wondered if this would take too much time. He only came here for the boy. "Where do you wanna start?"

"Let's start on why you were on fire," suggested Mikasa.

 

 


 

Oh mah gosh. I've lost the feeling in the tips of my fingers, but oh well!~ Anyways, more disclaimers!

I don't own EXO (*sigh*) and I don't own (*deep gulp of breath*) Eren, Mikasa, Eren's Mom, Eren's Dad, Armin, Juvia, or Gray. If I did, I would be filthy stinking rich and swimming in money right now.

So, did you like the chapter? Tell me what you thought in the comments below~

So, what GIF(s) do I have today?

 

(IDK why, but I thought this was so funny!) At first I thought this was GD but then. Gain's face pops up XD. I love BEG so much.

tumblr_mgnlp066gb1qm0r9lo1_500.gif

 

And I have crying Suho-nim >.< 

tumblr_modq56L0Rm1qi4jgto2_250.giftumblr_modq56L0Rm1qi4jgto2_250.giftumblr_modq56L0Rm1qi4jgto2_250.gif

 

- ladyttalgi