Baby Steps

A Completion of Kaixing Goodness

”Jongin I’m not so sure about this.”

“Oh come on Xing. They’re not that dangerous.” Jongin laughed as he dragged Yixing by the hand across the yard down towards the stables. “They won’t do anything to hurt you intentionally.”

“What about unintentionally then? You know I have the worst luck with animals. I’ll probably get trampled into the dust or get bitten.”  At this Jongin stopped and turned around to face Yixing. They were standing a mere few meters away from the big door leading into one of the stables.

“Yixing only poorly trained horses step on people and ours won’t I promise. You don’t have to be scared, I’ll be right beside you the whole time. I wouldn’t let you close to them if I knew it was dangerous.” He reached up a hand and gently tucked a stray lock of Yixing’s dark brown hair behind his ear. “You can wait out here if you want. I’ll bring one of them out here.”

The brunette swallowed nervously, hesitating for a short moment before nodding slowly. A bright smile spread over Jongin’s face.

“Wait here for a second then and don’t worry okay, she’s really calm and friendly.”

“Okay.”

A few minutes of anxious waiting later he heard the distinct sound of hooves against cement echo out through the now open stable door. A heart beat later Jongin walked out leading a big, flaxen horse in a bright red halter.

Jongin stopped a few paces in front of his boyfriend and smiled encouragingly.

“Do you want me to bind her or is it okay if I just hold her like this?”

“B-bind her.”  It was not that he didn’t trust his boyfriend to be able to handle the animal; he just didn’t trust the horse. It didn’t exactly look menacing, but it was big - really big and a lot stronger than Jongin. If it wanted to get loose all it would take was a forceful jerk of the big head and the horse would be free to do as it liked.

Jongin just shrugged and lead the horse over to where a couple of steel rings were attached to the stable wall in a neat row and tied the rope connected with the halter to one of the rings with expert fingers.

“Xing come on.” Jongin called softly as he waved the other boy over. Yixing walked closer with hesitantly and then came to a full stop next to the younger boy.

“What am I supposed to do?”

“Just hold your hand out so she can smell it like this.” The younger responded, demonstrating by holding his hand out, palm up and fingers closed together, next to the mere’s muzzle.

Yixing nodded and started lifting his hand just to drop it again abruptly and taking a step back.

“I can’t do this.”

“Yes you can, I’m right here with you. You don’t have to be afraid.” Jongin reached out, taking the older boy’s small hand in his and bringing holding them out towards the mere.

Yixing clenched his eyes shut as the horse turned her head towards them only to have them fly open again as he felt something warm and wet against his palm. He tried to jerk his hand away but Jongin just laughed and held their hands in place as the big animal kept at Yixing’s hand just like a very affectionate dog might.

“It’s okay, she does that to everybody.” The younger boy’s eyes shined with mirth as he turned his head to lock eyes with Yixing. He leaned in closer and placed a light peck on the other boy’s lips and let their hands fall to their sides as the horse turned her attention to Jongin’s black hair.

“Why you,” he said, smiling as he gently pushed her head away from him. She butted her head against the boys shoulder in return and Yixing quickly took a step back.

Noticing this Jongin turned his attention towards his boyfriend again and laughed lightly at the wide eyed look on Yixing’s face.

“It’s okay, we’ll take baby steps. Soon you won’t be scared anymore.” Yixing sighed deeply.

Right, baby steps...

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi *waves* Man thís is sooo overdue like seriously. I'm so sorry I know I promised that this would be up like ages ago. The second drabble is almost done. I'm just stuck on the middle part, but I should have it done soon. This is still a dubble update though :) You wanna se the astrology couple compability report for Kaixing?? Then click next ;)