Rumours ; The Melancholy of Sulli

Negotiate with Love

                                                        

 

 

It had been a week since Minho and Kibum had officially ended their engagement. Rumours were flying all around town. Some said that Kibum had tried to seduce Minho who had hit him. Others claimed that Minho had been seen kissing the foreing lady Mariella and Kibum had ended the engagement in response. Others said that Kibum and Minho had had a fight which resulted in their break-up. No one knew for sure which version was true but one thing was certain, Kibum and Minho were not engaged and not likely to be ever again.

Kibum had started taking his meals alone and withdrawing from work life altogether. Whenever they crossed paths Kibum would call Minho 'jang-gwan choi' (jang gwan = minister )and Minho had stopped using his nick-name of 'Key' for Kibum. Taemin and Amber were left as go-betweens for Minho and Kibum. Amber wanted to know what had really happened but Minho and Kibum had both clammed up tight. Not even Taemin knew what had really happened. Sulli wondered if it had something to do with the advice she gave Kibum the night all this happened but he wasn't sure. Maybe Kibum had pushed the minister too far and an argument had arisen. Sulli knew that harsh words were often spoken in the heat of the moment that neither side really meant at all. What they all needed was for Kibum and Minho to sit down and talk but the two were avoiding each other like the plague. Minho stayed locked up in his study all day and Kibum with his staff. At meal times Kibum ate alone or with his friends from the 91 line.

Sulli sighed as she leaned against the window sill and looked over the town of Seoul. Today had been the same as any other day. Minho and Kibum avoided each other and the atmosphere in the ministery became worse and worse. The sun was just touching the horizon bathing everything in an orange glow. Sulli watched as the light were lit inside people's houses as evening descended. Sulli wanted to mend the rift that had appeared between Minho and Kibum but she didn't know how. She and her lover had never had a problem like this.

"Sulli?" Sulli turned and smiled at Taemin as he entered his bedroom.

"I was just thinking about you."

"Hmm, if I know you I'm sure you weren't thinking anything decent." Taemin said with that aegyo smile that Sulli loved so much. Sulli opened her arms and Taemin stepped into the embrace with a sigh. Sulli wrapped her arms around her lover and closed her eyes.

"I was thinking about Kibum and Minho too." Taemin stiffened before he relaxed again.

"I doubt that you telling Key-hyung to show Minho 'what he was missing' was the cause of their break-up." Taemin pulled back to look into Sulli's eyes. "They were both bottling up their feelings inside them for so long an explosion was bound to happen." Sulli nodded with a heavy sigh.

"I still feel bad though." Sulli admitted. Taemin tilted his head up and kissed Sulli gently on the lips.

"They are the only ones who can get through this Sulli. Maybe they weren't meant to be after all." Taemin pressed his forehead against Sulli's. Minho had sworn Taemin to secrecy and Taemin would never break a promise, but Minho had been coming to Taemin for advice about his confused feelings a lot before the break-up. Taemin had begun to think that maybe his brother and Minho had a future together after all. Turns out it was all a false hope.

"Maybe all they need is a push." Sulli offered with a smile before she kissed Taemin again. Taemin closed his eyes and let Sulli push him gently backwards towards the bed. Sulli had a point about Minho and Kibum though. Maybe they did need a push to get back together.

 

 

Ens of Chapter 2 

( it was short hahaha )