Kibum and Minho's last meeting ?

Negotiate with Love

              

 

Kibum read through the letter he had received from his uncle. He had sent a letter shortly after his and Minho's break-up asking his uncle if he could return home for a few months. He just wanted to get away from everything and away from Minho. Lee Onew would know that his nephew was no longer engaged to the Minister but he didn't seem angry in his letter. More resigned to the fact that a member of the Kim ( and Lee ) family wouldn't sit beside the minister. Kibum tucked the letter in his pocket and went to round up his staff.

Kibum's employees, all dressed in smart blue uniforms, jumped to attention when they saw Kibum. They knew their chef had broken off the engagement with their jang-gwan but their loyalty to Kibum came before their loyalty to Minho. They all believed that Minho didn't love Kibum like he deserved. Kibum had been Minho's loyal servant for five years, the least Minho could do was marry him to show his thanks for the support and blood Kibum had spilt in his name. Therefore, all of Kibum's staff believed that Kibum was right and Minho wrong.

"Guys, we are travelling to Daegu this afternoon. Get the car and packs ready at once." Kibum ordered.

"Yes Sir!" one employer said and hurried away. Kibum watched them go before heading back inside the building. Kibum walked to Minho's office his heart thumping in his chest. He had never been so nervous in his life. He had spoken to Minho a million times before but never when things were so tense between them. Kibum used to be confident he could bully the frog into doing what he wanted but after seeing another side to Minho he almost feared him. Kibum stopped outside Minho's office door. He ignored the maids who were gasping and whispering among themselves. Kibum knocked loudly.

"Come in!" Minho's voice called.Kibum opened the door and shut it behind him. Minho glanced up and froze before putting his pen down slowly. The tension appeared in the air at once. "Kibum, what can I do for you?"

"Jang-Gwan Choi, I would like to request time off to travel to Daegu." Kibum said straight out. He stood to attention and didn't look Minho in the eyes. His voice was steady but his heart was still thumping hard in his chest.

"Why do you want to go there?" Minho asked in surprise.

"I wish some vacation and maybe work there for a while, Jang-Gwan ." Kibum answered calmly. Minho really wished Kibum would quit calling him 'Jang-Gwan Choi' all the time. It was so formal and so unlike Kibum it bothered him.

"Are you not needed here?" Minho asked. Why do you want to leave?.

"Amber and Taemin can run things perfectly without me here. I can be contacted by Email or phone call if my services are needed." Kibum said ignoring the voice that screamed inside his head. Don't let me leave Minho. Tell me that you need me.

"Well I see no reason why you can't go home if that is what you wish." Why are you leaving me Kibum?

"Then I respectfully ask your permission to leave Seoul and return to Daegu." I don't want to leave you, Minho.

"Permission granted," Minho sighed as Kibum nodded and turned away. "Kibum," Minho paused and Kibum glanced over his shoulder, "I hope what has happened between us has not destroyed our friendship." What a stupid thing to say! Of course it has affected our friendship you dolt! Minho told himself. Kibum was quiet for a moment before turning back to Minho.

"I remain and always will remain your employer Jang-Gwan." Kibum bowed then turned and left the room. Minho sighed and leaned back in his chair. That sentence told him everything he needed to know.

 

End of Chapter 3

next chapter comming soon !