The Race Part 2

PERFECTION REVEALED...

I was most confortable at home, at my room. I love laying at my confortable double-sized bed. I love lighting candles and incense. I love sitting in my dark room watching dramas and anime. I love studying at night. I love sleeping over 8 hours. I love reading fantasy books. Shortly, I am unsociable. I used to be social till high school but I had gone extreme stress in middle school and that pushed me away from social life. If not classes, there are a few times that I enjoy going outside. I like going to club activities and the drinking nights for our club. I like meeting my brother's friends outside of university. I like hanging out with Sunny. I like camping and going to mountain for rock climbing. But I love racing.

My brother and I don't take our parent's cars like other teens. We would be ashamed if something happened to the car so we learnt to modify our own car at the age of 15. We found a garage outside of the city and literally begged the owner to teach us about cars. Now, we are able to modify our own car and fix it however we want. 

I was laying on my bed thinking of my brother and his friends. I was extremely worried about them. I mostly try not to think about them cause extra stress for myself. I always told myself that if something happened to them, it was because of themselves. It was their choice to become a gang names Infinite. It was thier choice to start drinking, smoking and doing drugs. They are aware of the disadvantages of their decision of life. I especially made sure they are aware of those. But they still choose live that way. But still... I want to protect them in my own way. Their extreme way of living gave me no choice but take extreme cautions like learning hacking. I started from the bottom, learnt step by step and became I very good hacker. The only time I use my skill is when I check the police reports. I hack in the police system and look up anything that is related to my brother. That's how I learnt about the raid in two days. Shin didn't know at first but after I saved them in a club which was about to be raided by police at the last moment, I told him about me learning hacking. He was shocked and angry at first and told me to stop before I get catched. I told him that I won't stop untill he stops too. He didn't stop, so I didn't too.

I felt my bed shake and saw that I had a message. We are here. When are you coming? It was Hoya. Since my brother is against me racing, he doesn't talk to me about it too. It became Hoya's job to inform me at times like these. I looked at the watch and suprised that it was already 22.15 and I have to be there in an hour or I would be late.

I wore my black pants and grey shirt, took my bag and run downstairs. I wore my jacket and my boots and took my keys. I needed to to go to the garage (which we learnt about cars and the owner gave us space for our cars) and switch my motorcycle with my race car and drive to the racing place. I hoped on my Durati Scrambler and was able to drive to the garage in 20 minutes.

"You are late?" I saw the Owner coming out of the cottage (which he lives in). He was a handsome man in his mid-thirtees. His name is Jung Ji Hoon. I had a crush on him when we first met and I was 15. It was a little crush and I never made it noticeable. It wasn't first love or anything. 

"Of course, I am not late. I still have...17 minutes. "

"It feels like you are late. You made it in 21 minutes last time. Do you think you can break that record?" He laughed and I had to give him my are-you-kidding look because I know I can make it in time. He tossed me my car keys and I ran to the car. I started to motor and shouted from thr windows as I was leaving."I will text you when I arrive there." I didn't need to see him laughing since I knew he was. It still gave me butterflies while I was racing with time. But I was able to test the car, the brakes, the gas and everything. The first thing I did when arrives was texting Ji Hoon Oppa. And you still have 1 minutes to spare. You crazy girl. Be careful. I smiled when I read his text.

"Of course, you made it in time." My brother, Shin, said as soon as I got out of the car which made me smirk. 

"Brother, you can not stop me. Especially if I am the winner." I told him and he gave me a dirty look. What a kid. But this makes the night more fun. Because I know Shin is one of the best racers and my rival. 

"You guys can not forget me. I am in." Hoya walked closer and with his hand on his hair. 

"Us too." The whole group was now together. And each of us knew that this race has another bet other than the prize they offer to the winner. We make another bet between us and the losers have to accept the outcome. Last time the bet was decided by me (I angered them alittle and ta-da...They agreed to do whatever I want if I win.).I won and I took them to the amusement park. And I bought them a few accessories and provoked them alittle bit. 

"What the bet now?" Myungsoo, our cold guy is actually the most interested in the bets. He always aims to win. Who am I to stop him? But giving a dirty smirk always provokes them so I excatly did that.

"Yun-ah. Don't provoke. You can't always win. Don't regret this later." Our Sungyu, whom is already a graduate student and the oldest in the group but has the lamest humour was the last to talk since the they rang the bell.

It meant that its racing time. 

"Good luck guys." I shouted at them before getting inside my car. I started the motor and took my place. The red flag woman was already in the middle of the road, ready to start the race. 

"READY???!" She shouted which caused all the cars to roar their engines at the same time and a loud scream from the audience blended with the light wind today.

"3"

 

"2"

 

"1"

 

And she fully lowered the flag.