Chapter 2

Sometimes it Hurts to Smile

Alrighty then. Let's get this straight because I know this will confuse some of you. IN MY STORY SuHo is the oldest. He doesn't know a single word of Mandarin. Some members might be related. Tao is older than BaekHyun. An these schools come form where I live. BAM! Done. Now, please continue.


     A conversation with ChanYeol and KyungSoo was a somewhat painful task to complete. BaekHyun couldn't even call it a conversation considering they were off wandering in their own little worlds, occasionally speaking their thoughts aloud. Every topic or even sentence that was spoken was to quickly be demolished by the ChanSoo 'couple' and their random ramblings. A perfect example :

 

     "Hey, I'm damn good looking for 24!" A boy with brown hair named SuHo said, overconfidence making it's way into his voice. Another one, Lay, giggled and yelled back in mandarin, "Ha! The crazy Korean boy thinks he's good looking!" 

     SuHo breathed out an uncertain laugh, if it could be called that, while the others chuckled and giggled at whatever Lay had said. Beginning to feel offended, SuHo yelled out with a childish whine "Oh, yeah? Well you can my-"

 

"Did I feed my dog today?"

 

     The ruckus halted and everyone slowly looked at the boy who had decided to speak. Ah, KyungSoo. He was blankly staring at the wall.

     "What?" A cute boy labled as XiuMin asked, obviously not the only one wondering what KyungSoo had said or why.

 

"Did I feed my dog today?" He asked again


     But, of course, that was only the first of the many interuptions that took place that night. BaekHyun was only able to recall bits and snipets.

 

    The moon's appearance made everyone's figure cast lanky shadows that casted across the dim room. After 5 hours of constant talking, horsing around, insulting, and even failed cooking, they all finally decided to obtain useful items from their own homes and return to spend the night. BaekHyun, though, had a difficult time adjusting.

    Once they were all settled, ChanYeol opened the closet in the hallway and whipped out 10 blankets and 5 pillows. He then grabbed a cotton blanket and a dark blue pillow before walking away, leaving everyone to their own problems. A short, sweet silence appeared for a few seconds until Chen, the group's problem starter, screamed.

 

"First come, first serve!"

 

     Soon, a wild herd of young boys surrounded a small pile of soft fabrics with BaekHyun hiding in the background. One by one, the colors slipped away into the possession of the intruders until there were none left.

    KyungSoo glanced around with large owl eyes checking if any blankets were left over. Once he realized there weren't, he became desperate.

 

"ChanYeol! Can I sleep with you?"

"No!"

"Kai?"

"Hell no!"

 

     KyungSoo quickly gazed over at Lay and his brother, Kris, with pleading eyes. They both evilly shook their heads with mischievous grins. It was already clear in KyungSoo's mind that XiuMin, nor Chen would give up space in the small room of their blankets for a friend. SeHun and Lu Han always complain about how they're claustrophobic and didn't enjoy being close to others. SuHo, No. Tao wasn't even a question and-

 

     "You can sleep with me." A tiny voice said. Everyone merged their sight to the voice and saw a short brunette with a furry blanket pressed against his lips.

 

     "But, how did you-"

 

"I gave it to him."

 

     Again, everyone's attention was directed towards someone else. Tao.

 

     KyungSoo, who was weirded out with Tao's nice gesture, turned back to BaekHyun. "O-Oh. U-um BaekHyun. As sweet as you seem, I don't think I know you quite well enough to-"

 

"KyungSoo!" ChanYeol yelled.


     Early in the morning, it was nothing like the books and movies tell you. The sky held dark clouds and seemingly no sun or even any happiness was present.

     BaekHyun lazily rubbed his eyes with vast force and yawned rather loudly. Half of his body was disposed on the cold floor while the other half lay draped over KyungSoo, who also seemed extremely comfortable. The sound of a few snores, sleep talking, and the rustle of sheets was all that kept BaekHyun a strange sense of comfort. Other than that, sweaty, pubescent men and the sight of cockroaches among the ground didn't exactly float his boat.

     BaekHyun's body made inhumane 'crack' sounds as he sat up. He stayed in the same position for minutes, occasionally smacking his lips. The sun still hadn't emerged from it's hiding place. Coming to a conclusion that it might not anytime soon, BaekHyun resolved in using his arms to push all of his body weight up and limped to the bathroom. Once he finished, he dragged his body over to KyungSoo's kitchen, deciding it would be best to eat at least a piece of toast before leaving to school.

     Upon arriving, BaekHyun realized that he wasn't the only one awake.

 

"T-Tao!"

 

     Said boy turned around at the mention of his name. His eyes were dark and they were set directly on BaekHyun, scanning him up and down. Tao's appearance alone caused BaekHyun to blush madly. Beside's, you'd be freaking out too if you were secluded in a room with a half Tao.

     "What?"

 

     "Ju-ju-mm-duh.." A stutter replaced BaekHyun's normal speaking patterns causing his face to convert into a darker shade of red than it already was. In exchange, the regular stone-hearted face that Tao usually sported was substituted with a rather amused mask. Eventually, BaekHyun bit his bottom lip and attempted to blink back his tears and muttered a small, yet audible 'sorry'. A smirk settled on Tao's thin lips with ease before he slid a plate with a piece of toast over to the younger.

     "A-ah, thank you.Uhh... So..Why are you up so early?" The brunette attempted to begin a conversation with the other, but only received one word in return.

 

     "School."

 

     BaekHyun's eyes lit up. "Oh! You go too school too? What school do you go to?"

 

     "Nimitz." At the answer, BaekHyun somewhat calmed down. Ah~ His school and Tao's school were large competitors in everything. Maybe this wasn't such a splendid idea but, what the hell.

 

      "Tao Sunbaenim. Would you mind.. uh.. maybe walking me to my school. I-I mean it's just by your school! Uh..I-I go to Boui."

 

     "Hmph. Okay. We should get dressed, though. It's getting late."

 

     BaekHyun heard everything, yet he couldn't comprehend it all at the same time. Did he really just ask Tao to walk him to school?!? Holy sh-

 

"BaekHyun! C'mon. Let's get ready."


     BaekHyun gazed into the large mirror planted on the wall in KyungSoo's room, reassuring every inch of his school uniform was spotless, clean, and nicely clung to his body. It didn't even appear in his mind that he was getting all dolled up for someone he shouldn't even trust. After all, perfection like Tao wan't created to be trusted. But, of course, at this point, BaekHyun doesn't even recall his own morals as he checked his naturally straight teeth in his reflection. He did scrub the out of them so he should expect them to resemble Edward from Twilight, right?

    Anyways, he used his thin fingers to brush the ugly strands of hair from his vision. He wanted to clarify that Tao was able to look him directly in the eyes beause anyone that takes a glance into BaekHyun's eyes is bound to fall in love with him.

    At least, that's what he thinks.

 

    Once he decided he looked enough like those schoolboys in the dramas, he cautiously stepped into the living area, coming to learn that everyone remained sleeping like little children. BaekHyun giggled until he heard a deep voice behind him.

 

"Alright, BaekHyun, let's go."