Moving On

To Whom It May Concern

A/N: Sorry it's been so long since my last update! I had lost interest in this and had become way too busy with other stuff (life and other fic) However, as a request from my first fic commission client, I have gone back and re-read this fic along with the notes I had for it.  If you have a fic commission, please visit my blog! Only the next two clients may request an immediate update. Thank you guys so much for your patience! Hopefully, I'll be able to update this one more time within the next month. Because of the lack of soosun fic in general, I will be doing my best to be updating stuff (plus there will be a new fic coming up soon!) So please, look forward to everything. Anyway, here you go!

p.s This fic was never meant to be super long like Tongue Tied. Expect only 5-10 more chapters. 

---

Victoria Song was a well-respected therapist. She had been in the business for a long time, starting from a very young age. She had been completely focused in her studies and took as many extra courses as possible, graduating rather early.

She was happy to get a job nearly right away. She was a well-known prodigy within her area so many places were excited to have her. But while that was all fine and dandy, having to translate her studies to a real person was a whole other story. Inside, she was terrified and ready to run out, but when she saw who she would be dealing with, her heart softened.

“What’s your name dear?” Victoria has said so softly, so sweetly. She was good at being calm, being kind and motherly. So she was relieved to have a young child as her first client. She didn’t even have to pretend all too much, the young girl before her was so beautiful, so hard to be scared of.

“S-S-Sunny,” the small girl replied, her hair covering her face. Victoria could tell that she had been crying a lot and the child services people who sent her there told her that she had been through a lot. It was then that she knew that this would be a really tough first experience, but she wouldn’t mind too much because it was Sunny.

Even ten years later, Victoria continued to be watching over Sunny.

By now Sunny was a lot more grown up, a lot more mature, and had most definitely done a lot of recovery work since the death of her parents and the trauma she faced after. She went from seeing Victoria every day, to three times a week, to twice a week, to once a week, to once every other week.

In reality, Sunny only had to see Victoria once a month now since her progress had been so great, but Victoria insisted on her coming to see her once every other week, and sometimes she’d ask her to come in a little more often. Victoria was so fond of Sunny, she had to see her as often as she could, even if she knew deep down inside that her other clients also needed her attention. It wasn’t too bad, she thought. It only took up two or three extra appointments.

Even more recently, Sunny has been a lot happier and Victoria was very much aware as to why. When she first saw the faint sign of colour in her gem, Victoria couldn’t help but feel a slight pang of jealousy.

Having been Sunny’s rock, Sunny’s support system after the tragedy with her parents, Victoria had a very close connection with the girl and was very pleased with their relationship. Because of how invested she was with Sunny, she had made a few unprofessional calls and made a few slips ups. But Sunny was also too attached to see anything wrong.

Like instead of helping Sunny get over the fault that her father made with the gem, instead of discussing the things she should have, instead of explaining the positive sides to what had happened, Victoria had helped Sunny’s hatred for the gem grow.

Her friends had caught on. A few of them had come in to see her, ask her why she hasn’t been helping Sunny let go of the anger she had towards the gem and her father. There should have been some reconciliation, some closure of her feelings, but instead Victoria helped breed hate.

She feigned ignorance and told the girls at the time that they were just imagining things. In reality, Victoria just wanted to keep Sunny there for as long as possible.

But here they were, Victoria with a forced smile on her face while Sunny talked about her first date ever.

It was difficult and Victoria couldn’t get a hold of her feelings. She was angry and definitely jealous, but she was also happy for Sunny.

“So are you going to accept your destiny with the gem?” she asked hesitantly when Sunny finished, looking at Ms. Song in anticipation.

“Oh, no of course not,” Sunny shook her head before rubbing her fingers over her gem. “I was about to start telling you about some of my insecurities about all this and I was going to ask you what you think. Like, should I keep dating her? Should I be accepting of all these fuzzy feelings inside of me? I’ve been trying so hard to shove it back, to hold back these weird supposedly loving feelings. But now, after all that, after that night with Sooyoung, I can’t help but think that maybe I shouldn’t be holding back anymore. Maybe I should break down my walls, give Sooyoung a chance.”

Victoria did not like the sound of that. She bit her bottom lip as Sunny gazed at her with expectation. Victoria knew how much Sunny respected her advice and she was almost certain that Sunny would follow her no matter what.

Could she let go of Sunny so easily? She wanted her all to herself but her happiness, that was important too right?

“Tell me about these insecurities first,” Victoria breathed out, wondering if maybe Sunny could sense how tense she was. “You’ve told me in the past that you hated the idea of the gem pairing you up with some stranger. You told me that people only fell in love because of the gem.”

“Yes, exactly,” Sunny replied with a nod, “I’m afraid that once Sooyoung loses the magic of the gem, she’ll realize that I’m actually not all that great. She’ll realize I’m not someone she should fuss over for hours on end, wondering what to wear for a date. She’ll leave me or she’ll hurt me, just like dad did to mom.”

Victoria noticed that Sunny’s eyes had become puffy and she swallowed the lump in when Sunny started crying.

“Does she seem like that kind of person?” Victoria continued, turning her face away from Sunny’s tears. She couldn’t face them, despite having seen them so often. “Do you really, truly think that Sooyoung would do such a thing to you?”

Sunny responded quickly, shaking her head furiously.

“She seems like a really sweet girl,” Victoria added, almost biting her tongue.

Maybe it was time to let Sunny go?

“I think you should give her a chance,” she continued, placing a hand on Sunny’s back. “You suffered for too long to keep this going.”

Victoria was about to continue talking, she was about to apologize for continuing to help Sunny harbour such bitter feelings towards love and fate. But she help her tongue and sat back in her seat, closing her eyes as Sunny threw her arms around her.

“Thank you, Ms. Song,” she mumbled, rubbing her face into Victoria’s shoulder. She was snivelling and Victoria could feel her shoulder begin to moisten. “And if this does turn out, at least you’ll always be here right?”

“Yeah,” Victoria responded with a small smile.

Once Sunny regained her composure, she leaned back and rubbed her eyes, spreading the moisture of her tears everywhere. “You’ve been so good to me, Ms. Song. You’re like my second mom or something, you know?”

“Are you calling me old?” Victoria asked, slightly offended. But she felt warm inside, Sunny may not reciprocate the same love she has for her, but a daughter’s love for a mother was something completely special all on its own.

“Maybe,” Sunny chuckled, elbowing Ms. Song playfully.

“Be careful though, okay?” Victoria whispered, pulling Sunny in for another hug.

---

Sooyoung was sitting under a tree in the middle of a nearby park. It was night time and she had just eaten dinner after finally taking some time to do some school work instead of continuing to distract herself with the thought of what happened last night.

She surprised herself, having finished an assignment that wasn’t even due for another few days. It looked like she really needed to distract herself.

Sunny hadn’t texted her all day and she promised herself that she’d let Sunny text her first. Sooyoung had been the one to initiate everything, Sooyoung had been the one to anticipate this date the most.

But with every textless minute that passed by, Sooyoung felt more and more uneasy. She needed some kind of reassurance. Even if Sunny just said hi or something, it didn’t even have to be a magical, loving conversation. She just needed something, anything.

She had run away from Yoona who had been continuously texting her and she didn’t hear anything from Taeyeon either. And then it occurred to her, what if Sunny was telling Taeyeon now that she didn’t want to have anything to do with Sooyoung? And that everything that happened the night before was just a fluke?

“Oh God,” she mumbled to herself over and over again.

“We got to stop meeting like this,” a voice popped out of no where, causing Sooyoung to stand up.

“Are you sure you’re not stalking me?”