Jessica's Wrath [Part 1]

The Missing Piece

A/N: For your lovely comments and to the new subbers, I decided to update again! I guess you could call it a double update then? Hehe, the beginning of sunsic in this and some hellsica coming up in this chapter as well! Enjoy~

Sunny, Hyoyeon and Yuri decided to head back home and wait for Sooyoung’s return to get the details. If the girl made an even bigger fool of herself, they weren’t sure if their stomachs could handle it.

“Would you ever be that desperate to get a date with someone?” Sunny asked as they walked home together.

“Not sure,” Yuri said honestly, placing a finger on her chin, “I really doubt I need to go that far for the person I like.”

“Oh, does that mean you already have someone you like?” Hyoyeon probed, poking Yuri on the shoulder.

The taller girl looked away, laughing nervously, “Yeah, I do.”

Sunny smirked, knowing exactly who Yuri was talking about. She glanced at Hyoyeon who honestly looked very curious and rolled her eyes, wondering how the other blonde couldn’t see what was so very obvious.

“Is it the Jessica girl?” Hyoyeon asked, repeatedly poking Yuri with her elbow this time.

Yuri’s eyes widened as she turned to Hyoyeon, “What? No way!”

“Yeah, too feisty for you,” Hyoyeon replied right after with a light chuckle.

 Yuri mumbled, “Not that you aren’t feisty.” She instantly covered and began to walk a little faster, relieved to see that Hyoyeon hadn’t heard her.

“So you’re not going to tell your best friend?” Hyoyeon whined, pouting and grabbing onto Yuri’s arm.

“Nope,” Yuri answered simply, gladly accepting Hyoyeon’s hold. “Maybe sometime soon.”

Meanwhile, Sooyoung and Taeyeon were chatting it up, almost like their very first meeting.

Sooyoung was talking in Korean now, switching to English every once in a while. Taeyeon had given her some useful English tips, most of which she knew already but she appreciated them nonetheless.

“So I before E, except after C?” Sooyoung confirmed confidently in English, showing off a bright smile to the girl across from her.

“Exactly,” Taeyeon chuckled, shaking her head at Sooyoung’s continued ridiculousness. She had put up with the act for the past hour and never let down. She had dedication, that was for sure and the girl had made Taeyeon laugh constantly.

“You’re a really great teacher you know?” Sooyoung switched back to her native language, her voice coated with charm.

“Well, I actually am a teacher,” Taeyeon said proudly with a nod, “I teach art at the Haluki-liki community college.”
Sooyoung smiled widely at this new information, wondering if maybe she could go visit this college and maybe get a glance at some of Taeyeon’s work. While the title of the college was a little challenging, Sooyoung decided to take this opportunity to show off her English a little.
“Well Taeyeon, you Haluki-liki the kind of teacher all the students would have a crush on,” she executed the pun smoothly, a smirk tugging on her lips. And she looked at Taeyeon with joy as the girl threw her head back and laughed so hard the entire diner stopped to look at her.
“I really like your laugh,” Sooyoung commented honestly, almost covering , not exactly expecting to say her thoughts out loud. She blushed a little, but was blessed when Taeyeon looked at her with twinkling eyes.
“I really like you making me laugh,” Taeyeon replied, looking down shyly before chuckling softly.
Sooyoung offered to pay for Taeyeon’s meal and even walked her to her car. Once Taeyeon unlocked her doors, Sooyoung opened the driver’s seat door for her.
“Thank you so much, um?”
“Oh, my name’s Sooyoung,” the tall girl had almost forgotten that she was a complete stranger to Taeyeon again. Their breakfast conversation made it seem like they had known each other for ages. In fact, Taeyeon never introduced herself formally but she didn’t seem suspicious when Sooyoung already knew her name. Maybe it slipped her mind?
“Anyway…” they both said at once before laughing nervously.
Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon who was looking up at her hopefully. She knew that now was the time to ask for her number or for another date, but then she remembered that it wouldn’t happen and that tomorrow would be another day for her to either strike out or score another lovely breakfast with her favourite local.
She clenched her fist and somehow couldn’t find the words or any of the confidence she had earlier.
“I’ll see you around,” Sooyoung concluded, bowing and waving at Taeyeon before turning her back.
Taeyeon stared at Sooyoung’s back, unsure of what just happened. She bit her bottom lip as anger started to boil within her. What was that?
“That’s it?” she sighed, turning on her car and squeezing her driver’s wheel tightly. “All of that nonsense about not being able to read and you’re not going to ask me out or for my number?” She shook her head and chuckled to herself, “I mean, I know you’re not from around here but that was a pretty desperate move. Pfft, pan clocks, really?”
Sooyoung’s eyes widened as she realized that she probably angered the girl and ran back the distance she walked, but Taeyeon had already backed out of the parking lot.
“Wait! Taeyeon, I’m sorry! I really appreciated your help! I’m totally not good at English, I swear!”
“It was the goofiest thing I’ve ever seen someone do to get my attention and you were really cute but, ugh,” she shook her head again and put on her sunglasses before turning back to Sooyoung. “Thanks for the ego boost.”
“Wait! I’m sorry!! Wait, Taeyeon!” but Sooyoung was too late and Taeyeon had already driven off. She cursed to herself, looking around to see if there was any way she could catch up to the speeding vehicle. She then slapped her forehead.
“Stupid, stupid Sooyoung! She lives near you, let’s just run for it!” and with all the strength she could muster, Sooyoung kicked off and made a run for it.
Not too far away, Yoona and Seohyun had seen the whole thing and Seohyun was holding onto her wife’s hand really tightly. Yoona’s face contorted in pain as she looked at her wife, pleading, but she knew she deserved it. 
“Are you happy, Yoong?” she growled, pulling her cellphone out of her pocket and dialing a number. “Hey, Fany-ah? It’s me.”
Sunny was sitting on the beach, enjoying the calming sound and view of the waves splashing against the shore. Yuri and Hyoyeon decided to take a nap until Sooyoung got back and she decided to leave the two alone.
Her peace however ended rather abruptly to the sound of a rather angry neighbour.
“I’m gonna kill her!” a high pitched voice exclaimed.
“Jessi calm down! It’s okay, it’ll be okay, if she comes rushing here please don’t slap her or anything.”
Sunny turned her head to see Tiffany following a storming Jessica out of the house. She tilted her head, wondering what could have happened.
Soon enough a car parked in front of their house and Taeyeon came out, looking a little ticked off.
“Fany, you talk to her okay? I’m gonna wait here until that Sooyoung girl comes back,” Jessica growled, her voice almost acidic. Tiffany was going to protest, but decided that she needed to tend to Taeyeon first to talk about the pineapple picking and maybe help her mood by bringing her to the blank garage. Painting always seemed to stabilize the girl’s mood.
And Sunny stared as Jessica tapped her foot impatiently, her arms crossed and her face almost red with anger. She chuckled to herself, almost thinking that Jessica looked cute. Almost.
She sighed, knowing that an angry Jessica could only mean that Sooyoung was going to get mauled once she made her way back. What could she have done? However, Sooyoung was her best friend and she had to help in whatever way she could. So with a deep breath, Sunny made her way towards the fuming girl.
“Hey, wake up on the wrong side of the bed?” Sunny called out, huffing as she jogged her way over to Jessica’s side.
Jessica turned around to meet Sunny’s eyes and frowned, “Who are you?”
“Oh, already forgot who I am?” Sunny faked hurt and pouted, “I’m your new neighbour remember? Name’s Sunny, nice to meet you!”
Jessica raised an eyebrow, “Oh, the noisy neighbours. I really don’t have the time to deal with you. I’m waiting for your friend so I can destroy her.”
Sunny’s trail of thought was correct, it really did seem like Jessica was going to attack her friend.
Jessica immediately looked away as Sunny bit her bottom lip, wondering what she could do to distract the other girl. To her knowledge, Sooyoung was a rather slow runner but with the way she’s been making the impossible happen due to her desperation, Sunny wouldn’t be surprised if Sooyoung would manage to come back sooner than expected.
And so she grabbed Jessica’s hand and forced her to turn around.
“What?” Jessica asked, narrowing her eyes at Sunny but not forcing her hand away.
“Have you ever kissed a girl?” Sunny asked as she pulled Jessica closely, her voice suddenly turned low and husky. She hopes she doesn’t sound rusty, she hasn’t tried to seduce anyone since she broke up with her ex. But back in her high school days, she was known as the biggest player in the school. It wasn't much, but it was worth an attempt to distract the angry girl who was about to rip her best friend to shreds.
“E-Excuse me?” Jessica was surprised at her own stuttering and was even more shocked to the fact that her body wasn’t moving away from the short blonde girl who was holding her very, dangerously close now.
“I asked if you’ve ever kissed a girl,” Sunny repeated, her face dangerously close to Jessica’s. And to her surprise, Jessica’s eyes closed, albeit rather tightly. She looked scared, but like she was anticipating her at the same time. Sunny could almost laugh but kept her cool, leaning down to brush her lips against her neighbour’s.
It started off with an innocent touch, just like Sunny always began her kisses. And then she applied a bit more pressure before giving Jessica a real kiss, her lips and the other girl’s lips molding into one. She finished it off by pulling on Jessica’s bottom lip, separating the two and giving her a wink.
“Wow,” Jessica breathed out, not exactly sure of what happened. “Sunny, was it?”
Just then, Sooyoung sped her way past the two, completely missing the scene and running up to the door. Once Jessica and Sunny looked up to see who just arrived, Jessica let go of Sunny’s hold and was immediately filled with anger again.
Sunny cursed under her breath, looks like her distraction didn’t work and to make things worse, it looks like Jessica enjoyed it too. But she shook her head and followed after Jessica, making sure that the girl didn’t chop off her best friend’s head.