Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo.

피터팬 (Peter Pan)

A week has gone by and I've managed to keep my job. I've gotten itno the swing of waking up early (though not happily) and dressing in professional looking, itchy dress suits. I also manage to put on some makeup and a fake smile on a good day. My supervisor and boss still hate me though. I'm almost positive they still haven't forgiven me for the little fiasco just a week prior, they're quite good at holding a grudge from what I've heard. However, I get the feeling they'll forget me soon as there are new employees almost daily. 

Today would most likely be the worst of this five-day week. Apparently I'm supposed to re-write the twelve page sales status report that I spent all of yesterday working on. Doing the report once was  bad enough, but a second time would be absolute torture. This morning I managed to get to work on time. Not early, not late, but instead just right. I made a mental note to myself to remember to treat myself after work for being punctual. 

Walking toward the elevator, I adjusted my uncomfortable blazer and grimmaced. I was to say the least, not looking forward for the stack of papers that would no doubt be waiting for me on my desk. As per usual I went up to floor 15 and stuck my tongue out at my floor supervisor when she wasn't looking. 

I walked toward my desk in long strides, eager to start my day just so I could end it. Sitting down at my desk, I found no extra paper work I didn't have when I left yesterday. Thank God. After getting organized I was finally getting ready to start typing, when I realized that I had forgotten to check in with the receptionist in the lobby. Which meant that I would have to go back down in the elevator. Groaning loudly, I got out of my desk chair and walked back toward the elevator and went back down to the first floor. 

After what felt like an eternity (which was really only about 30 seconds) the elevator dinged, signaling my arrival on the first floor. I was almost to the receptionist's desk when I heard the familiar voice of Mr. Choi. 

"You're late, Mr. Do." It sounded as if he was giving someone else the same speech he gave me just a few days earlier. I shook my head lightly in pity for whoever was recieving his wrath. I kept listening to their conversation while I was checking in. 

"I'm sorry Mr. Choi, I didn't mean to. I overslept." The mystery man with the current alias of Mr. Do sounded apologetic. 

"It's your first day. We don't tolerate people being late, no matter how good their qualifications are." Mr. Choi sounded stern. 

"Again I apologize, Mr. Choi. I promise it won't happen again." The latter sighed. 

"See to it that it doesn't Mr. Do." And with that, the conversation had ended as the sound of Mr. Choi's over-priced Italian loafers stalked away.

As I finished up with the receptionist, I couldn't help but sneak a look at the new hire who'd just gotten a stern talking to. The sight of him alone was enough to send guilt rushing through my body. He looked so sad and broken. Just like a little boy who'd gotten his hand slapped for making a mistake. It reminded me of myself just a few days ago. Right when I thought I couldn't feel any worse, he met my eyes and gave me a heartbreaking smile. His eyes were downcast and his heart shaped lips were barely curved upward. It took all of my willpower to look away and walk toward the elevator slowly. It felt like I weighed 1000 pounds. 

Stepping into the elevator, I (of course) pressed the button for the 15th floor. As the doors were closing I heard the sound of running and hushed yelling (if that makes any sense, but I digress). 

"Wait! Hold the elevator!" I looked up and saw the boy from before running toward the closing doors. 

In the midst of my dream-like, guilt induced state, I narrowly missed pressing the "open door" button. Swiftly, my hand shot out and hit the round, cream colored button just in time. 

"Thanks..." He muttered, slightly out of breath as he stepped into the metal box. "Could you press floor 15 please?"

"Oh? I'm headed there too," I glanced at him with an awkward smile. 

"Okay..." He replied just for the sake of saying something. 

And with that our conversation ended just as quickly as it had started. As the elevator began to rise all that was there to fill the awkward silence between us was the soft, smooth, jazz music playing in the background. 

Finally the elevator stopped with its usual curt ding of arrival and we both filed out. 

What a coincidence. My- no our floor supervisor, Ms. Shim happened to be walking past. Oh, he was definitely going to get it now. Or so I thought he was. 

"Mr. Do, you're late." She stated with a flirtatious tone that I didn't fail to catch. What a 

I'm not exactly sure what compelled me to stay in the vicinity of their conversation. Maybe it's because I was hoping he would reject her obvious flirting, maybe it's because I wanted him to get yelled at just as I had the previous week. 

"I know, I'm sorry I over slept. Could you just give me my assignment so I can go on my merry way?" This so called Mr. Do asked with a raised eyebrow. It seemed as if Supervisor Shim was grating on his nerves. 

I couldn't help the little snicker that escaped my mouth. Realizing what I had just done, I covered my mouth with my hand in the hopes that it could silence the past. Sadly, that's not how life works. 

"Oh, it's you." Ms. Shim stated plainly as she turned to me. She looked to the clipboard that was sitting upon her perfectly manicured hands. "Shouldn't you be working on that status report?" 

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Shouldn't you stop flirting with new hires?" 

She simply scoffed and returned the eyeroll while I basked in self-achievement. 

"Whatever." She replied with an evident scowl on her face, before turning back to him. 

"Anyway, your assignment is," Supervisor Shim stopped to grimmance and point at me. "Helping her with her status reports." 

For a moment, I thought I saw a look of pleasant surprise crossing his features. But maybe I was just seeing things. 

"Alright then. Thank you, Ms. Shim." He responded with a curt bow as he turned to face me. 

"Right this way," I smiled and pointed around the corner to where my desk was. 

We made the short walk to my desk in almost pleasent comfortable silence. Once we got settled and began to work on the status reports is when things became awkward once more. In the midst of an almost typed sentence, I came to the realization that I didn't actually know his name. I coughed almost inaudibly just to see if I could catch his attention. When that failed, I just decided to ask him. Even if he did look incredibly invested in whatever he was typing. 

"Hey, I don't think I caught your name before," I said non-chalantly. Though I really did want to know what his name was. 

"Oh me? I'm Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo." He stopped typing for a moment and turned to me with a surprisingly beautiful smile. "And you are?"

It took me a minute to realize that he- or rather Kyungsoo asked for my name in return. 

"I'm Subin. Kwon Subin." I replied with a smile of my own, though it paled dramatically in comparision to his. "It's nice to meet you, Kyungsoo."

"Likewise." 

So his name was Kyungsoo. It seemed to fit him well, with his gorgeous smile and all. 

Maybe today wouldn't be so bad afterall. 


New chapter! Not edited, sorry! :'c I didn't have time. But I'll probably edit and revise things that don't make sense tomorrow. ^u^

Thank you so much for reading, commenting, and subscribing!

It really means the world to me. <3 <3 <3

-Yeona