The Doll

The Ninja and The Assassin

 

 

 

DAEHYUN’s P.O.V

 

Another day at work.

New client.

New assignment.

Life!

 

But even though I know that today’s gonna be another headache, why do I feel so…so…

I don’t know.

The feeling’s so indescribable.

And I can say that happy’s an understatement.

 

 

“Good evening, Youngjae!” I greeted the poor guy that was so occupied in his work as he never noticed me.

He looked up from his work with a frown. “Good evening my a$$!”

My smile widened. “Good evening Youngjae’s a$$!” I mocked.

Rolling his eyes. “Really funny, Dae.” Then cocked his head to the direction of the door just a few feet away from him. “Sajangnim’s already inside waiting for you.”

I saluted and walked to the said door.

“And Dae…” Youngjae added, my hand was about to twist the knob. “As much as possible try to avoid fights and arguments this time. She’s (sajangnim) not feeling well today.” His tone sounded weak and sorry.

“When was the last time you saw her ‘feeling well’? But I’ll try.” I sighed and finally opened the door.

 

I didn’t bother knocking. Sajangnim was already expecting me anyway. It’s not that I disrespect my boss. It’s just that I was used to it and she doesn’t seem to be bothered by at all. After all, we treated each other like family.

 

“Sajangnim.” Closing the door behind me, I gave my boss a 90 degree bow.

As usual, she was sitting on her desk, hands laced together and her expression was nowhere near a smile.

 

“This won’t take long, so it’s up to you if you want to sit or not.” She plainly said.

Being the lazy person I am, I decided to sit down across her. She passed me a long white folder.

 

“Min Katsumi or Min Hara, a Japanese-Korean. Daughter of a business tycoon.” Sajangnim stated tidbits of information as I scan through every piece of paper. “… She was sent here from Japan for protection after receiving a number of death threats and almost got killed by an ‘accident’. Despite all these danger that might come her way, she didn’t want to be kept hidden from the outside world. That’s why you and Jongup will be with her during the whole duration of her stay in Seoul. Jongup won’t be back from his trip until tomorrow. So you’ll both meet Min Hara next week. Further questions will be answered by Agent Yoo. You are dismissed.”

 

“How lo—“ I started but was immediately cut off.

“As I said, further questions will be answered by Youngjae outside.”

“Asking you won’t make any difference.” I reasoned out.

“And asking Youngjae won’t make any difference either.”

“You personally gave me the assignment. Why can’t I ask you instead?”

She pierced a glare at me. “Jung Daehyun, you are nowhere in position to question me. Consult with Youngjae. Now leave.”

 

I can already feel another argument boiling. “For some reasons I don’t think I know you anymore, Noona. What happened to you?! What’s with the sudden change?!” Arguments between us were becoming frequent these past weeks and it was all about the same subject. “What happened to the used-to-be smiley and warm Yeonhee we know? You used to send a lot of time with us. And I’m not the only one who noticed. Even Youngjae and Jongup would sometimes mention about your sudden isolation from us.” I couldn’t hold it anymore. I had to say it. And I know my words hit her hard like solid bricks thrown straight at her.

The air in the room grew thick with tension. “That is already personal matters, Agent Jung. We are not to discuss of it here.” She dragged each word out of slowly as she tried to ease her anger. “And you are prohibited to address me informally.”

 

I was about to add more strings of confrontation but I stopped myself from doing so. I can’t do anything else anyway. I’ve known her for so long now, so I know she won’t just tell me her reasons that easily. She likes to keep her problems to herself. And that’s what worries me.

 

“Daehyun, I don’t want to have you suspended again.” she weakly muttered in a tone that sounded like she didn’t get sleep. And for once, I kind of regretted saying those words to her. Me and my stupid mouth.

 

 “I’m going.” I stood up. “Have a good evening, Sajangnim.” And bowed again.

But I mumbled something before I closed the door shut. “We miss you, noona.” I didn’t care if she heard it or not.

 

 

“Daehyun, didn’t I tell you to--” Youngjae was about to greet me with a scold. He obviously eavesdropped again.

“Not now, Youngjae. I’m tired.” I said without giving him a glance. “I’ll see you later. I’m heading to the apartment first.” And left without hearing a response from him.

 

 

 

 

 

YEONHEE’s P.O.V

 

Daehyun said something softly before leaving. “We miss you, noona.”

A tear escaped my eyes when I heard those faint words from him.

“I’m really sorry, Dae.” I whispered to no one in particular. “I miss all of you too…”

I sighed and wiped the tear off my cheek.

 

 

 

 

~A week later~

 

NO ONE’s P.O.V

 

The conference room was almost silent if not for Youngjae.

 

“… From now on, Min Katsumi/Hara’s name will be changed to Goo Sora. And of course most informations about her will also be changed; her birthplace, birth date, parents, nationality—which is from a Japanese-Korean to a Korean and most of her identities. She was also given a new look.” Youngjae kept saying and made sure that Daehyun and Jongup was listening. “She’s all our responsibility but you two are going to be with her most of the time so make sure that she stays out of trouble and has a low profile. Also don’t attract too much attention. The length of time that she’ll be staying here is still unknown…”

The three of them were all situated beside the large rectangular table that occupied a fourth of the whole room. Daehyun was sitting coolly between the two pretending to be attentive on Youngjae while Jongup had his regular innocent smile on. Jongup’s never fading smile sometimes confuses his friends and they would mostly be curious of what interesting things were running through his mind.

 

Their attention was darted to the door when they heard footsteps. They all stood up and fixed themselves, ready to give their greetings.

 

The wooden door opened and revealed Yeonhee in her classy business wear. Behind her was a girl around Daehyun and Youngjae’s age. Two men were trailing behind them. Of course, they would’ve gotten those men as the girl’s personal body guards but that would be too suspicious, and that’s what they want to avoid. A big reason why Daehyun and Jongup would fit perfectly for the job.

 

 

“This is Min Katsumi/Hara. But you are to refer to her as Goo Sora.” She looked at each of the boys straight in the eye. Then turned to Min Katsumi/Hara. “Miss Min, this is Daehyun, Jongup and Youngjae. They will be in charge of your safety and protection.”

The three of bowed and greeted. “Annyeong Haseyo.”

Hara bowed in return but didn’t utter a word.

 

The same thing was running through Daehyun, Jongup and Youngjae’s mind. She was definitely stunning. Talk about not attracting too much attention.

Her below-the-shoulder length hair and was as black as a raven complimented her white porcelain skin. If it wasn’t for the blinking of her eye from time to time and the slight movements from her shoulder caused by her breathing, she would’ve looked like a life-sized doll.

 

But there was something missing in her. Her eye seemed to look dull and empty. Her lips wouldn’t even bother to show a smile. A not-so-friendly aura surrounded her which made her look unapproachable, especially when her expression was unreadable. She somehow appeared to be unreal.

 

She was attractive, yes.

But beautiful?

That’s something different.

There’s a mile-long difference between attractive and beautiful.

 

 

 

 


 

Author’s note:

 

Annyeong dearest beloved readers~~ ^^

Sorry it took long before I updated this chapter. And as usual, school was the reason behind it.

thank you for your patience ^^

It’s already 1 in the morning here and I’m really sleepy so there might be errors and mistakes. Mianhae…

And since I’m not that creative in making names, I used the name Yeonhee again.

Thank you so much for commenting and subscribing.

i love you all~~~ ♥

Hope you all like this chapter. (I hope)

My chapters looked so short, so I’ll try to make longer updates later, neh~?

Please don’t forget to leave comments ^^ I love them ♥

Kamsahamnida ~(^o^~)

Chuk ^3^

 

Love,

Bluebowtie

 

P.S: there are these new guys that ruined my life. V, Jimin and Jungkook from BTS. They are too gorgeous and perfect to be real TT^TT

And V reminds me so much of Daehyunnie :3

Okay, I’ll shut up now. =.=+