Long Break

The Ninja and The Assassin

NO ONE ‘s P.O.V

 

Just as soon as Seungin stood up to answer her phone, Daehyun also received a call from someone.

His brows furrowed when he saw that it was Youngjae calling him. Youngjae never calls unless it’s something urgent or important.

 

Daehyun too left his seat and headed to an area where not a lot of people are. He ha;ted when he passed behind Seungin and overheard her conversation.

 

“Yes oppa! I’m having a date with a handsome Busan guy!”

 

Daehyun couldn’t hold back the smirk that formed on his lips. For once he ignored his phone’s ringing and went to stand behind her. He didn’t know why he really liked teasing her.

 

Seungin spun around and was speechless.

 

Daehyun’s smile grew wider. “So... You think I’m handsome?”

He liked the stunned expression on Seungin’s face. It was priceless and it made her look adorable.

 

“N-no.” She stuttered. “No. Wait! That’s not what I mean. What I’m trying to say is—Yes, you’re handsome—“ Seungin tried explaining but failed miserably.

He chuckled. “I’ll be back. I just need to answer this call.” And he walked away coolly while placing the phone on his ear.

 

 

 

 

DAEHYUN’s P.O.V

 

“Ye Youngjae?” I finally answered.

“YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN!! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?! *insert incoherent words and curses here*” strings of scoldings and naggings left Youngjae’s mouth. His voice was so loud that I had to put distance between my ear and the phone.

“Youngjae, calm down. Yelling at me won’t get you anywhere.”

“AISH! If I loose m job, I put all the blame on you!”

I massaged my temples. “You won’t loose your job. So, why’d you call anyway?”

He sighed in frustration. “Sajangnim needs to see you now. As in today. So get your pretty little back here in Seoul this instant.”

“You think my ’s pretty? Jinjja?” I teased.

“JUNG DAEHYUN! JUST FLY BACK TO SEOUL. NOW!”

“But I’m on a date right now.” After Seungin said it was a date then Ii consider it one.

“You found a date?! Lucky you! Having a date right now, while the hardworking me gets to stay here.” He complained. Oh man! “I really wanted to help you.” From the tone of Youngjae’s voice, I can tell that he’s faking excitement. “But sorry Dae. As much as I want to, I can’t.” He clicked his tongue. “Sajangnim’s orders are final.” He added. “Annyeong!”

“Wait Jae! Don’t!” I was too late. He already ended the call.

 

 

 

 

SEUNGIN’s P.O.V

 

I came back from Jeju a few days ago but the memory of last week’s events felt like they were yesterday’s happenings.

Too bad our little ‘date’ was cut short. Daehyun had to leave that day for Seoul because of business matters. After that hotel explosion incident, I can’t seem to get him out of my mind. You just met him Seungin!

 

But Daehyun did say that we’ll see each other again so I was thinking of every possible way we can meet as I wall along tha hallway to my boss’s office. Me and him having coffee at a near by cafe then I would accidentally spill coffee on him...

Wait!

Why would I do that?

No!

I would look stupid and clumsy.

 

But the just how my face came in contact with my boss’s expensive wooden door, a thought crashed my day dream.

How am Ii supposed to meet him if I don’t even know his number. Pabo!

 

I rubbed my aching forehead. “Come in!” the deep voice behind the door said. He must’ve thought that the thud on the door was a knock for permission of entrance instead of an effect of stupidity.

 

I twisted the knob open, went in and remembered to close the door behind me. “You called for me Mr. Bang?”

My boss chuckled. “Let’s cut the formalities, Seungin. It’s only the two of us here. Please, have a seat.”

I nodded and sat down.

 

“Seungin...” his voice sounded serious.

“Oppa, if this is about the accident during my last mission, I’m really sorry—“

“Let me finish first, Seungin.” He passed me a long envelope. Uh-oh. Is he going to fire me? I took the envelope.

“Partly, Yes...” worry started to creep on me when he said those words. “But no. I won’t make you leave the organization just because of the incident. After all, you did finish your job.” He leaned forward on his desk and laced his fingers together. “Look inside the envelope.”

So I did. I don’t know why my hands trembled when I opened the envelope...

 

“Eh? What’s this, oppa?”

He showed me his signature gummy smile. “It’s an application to Seoul National University.”

“I know that. But why did you give me this? Do you really want to get rid of me that much?”

 

He grinned. “Seungin, you’ve been working all your life...

... How old are you? You’re not getting any younger and that pretty face of yours won’t last long...

Finish college. Fall in love. Live like a normal girl for once.”

I scratched my head. “Am I not a normal girl?”

“No you’re not. You’re a trained assassin. Being an assassin is not just a normal girl’s status. I think after the incident in Jeju, you need a break. A long break.” He leaned back on his chair. “But don’t get me wrong. I’m giving you a vacation because you deserve it not because of your previous accident.”

 

I closed the envelope and placed it on his table. “I don’t know, oppa. I need to think about it first.”

He took the envelope and gave it back to me.

“You don’t need to think, Seungin. After college you can comeback. You need to meet other people besides me and everybody else in this organization. I don’t want my dear little cousin to be single forever.”

I stared at him.

He smiled. “If your parents were still alive, what would they say? That I kept their daughter here? When was the last time you had a boyfriend?”

Raising my brow. “But I never had a boyfriend before.”

“Exactly my point! Head out! Have an adventure! See the world! Make mistakes! And maybe by that, you can meet the man of your dreams!” he paused for a bit when he realized what he just said. “Ew. That’s kinda cheesy, especially when it came out of my mouth. “As I was saying, meet someone out there!” he pointed somewhere outside his window. “Because I don’t want you to end up with Himchan. Trust me, that guy is a pain in the neck!”

 

I didn’t say a word, I just let his words linger in my head.

 

He sighed. “Okay. Let’s put it this way. You’re an assassin right now. You love your job that much that you’ve dedicated everything to it.” I nodded. “But let’s say, after 10 to 20 years will you still be what you are right now? Will you still be an assassin?”

 

His words hit me hard.

 

He continued. “I want you to be happy, Seungin. I want you to have your own family. I want to see mini Seungins running around calling me uncle. Do you understand?”

 

I stared at him but then my impassive expression morphed into a smile.

Standing up, I walked to his side. “You’re right, oppa. Gomawo!” and gave him the tightest hug.

He patted my head. “YOU’RE WELCOME, Seungin.”

 

I slowly pulled away and looked at him. “But, oppa. I think you also need to find ‘the girl of your dreams’! You’re not getting any younger. That handsome face of yours won’t last long!...” then I started repeating to him everything that he told me. “... I want to see mini Yongguk oppas running around calling me auntie!” raising my hands dramatically.

 

He laughed. “I already found her but I don’t know what happened.” His expression saddened. “She just disappeared like a bubble.”

 

“Oh. You mean Yeonhee? The one you’ve been telling me about?” I haven’t met her yet but judging on how Yongguk oppa describes her, I know she’s something. “Don’t worry oppa. You’ll find her again.” I comforted him although I myself am not sure on how to find her.

“I hope so, Seungin.”

 

 

 

 


 

Author’s note:

 

Annyeong dearest beloved readers~!

Thank you for waiting ^^

Sorry it took me long before I updated this fic. Mianhaeyo~

Cause you see, I’m an architecture student so I have to make floor plans and designs. I hate school work TT^TT

But anyways, thank you for subscribing and commenting

Kamsahamnida ~(^o^~)

Chuk~! ^3^

 

Love,

Bluebowtie