Apology

Traveling the World with Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho

[ Nicole's POV ] 

 

Mr. Han led me into the lobby after we arrived at the hotel. Jaejoong leaned against the wall with a look of frustration. Knowing Mr. Han, Jaejoong was probably lectured by him before I arrived. 

"It appears that you two had a little misunderstanding. But that's resolved now." He looked over to Jaejoong and I and said, "Now I know I made the right choice pairing you two together. In life, it's important to learn how to get along with people you aren't fond of. I'm not pleased with this incident, but at least you two will learn something from it." He put his hands on our shoulders and positioned us in front of one another. "Now look each other in the eye and apologize." At first we were silent. We refused to look at each other. Mr. Han repeated, angrier this time, "Apologize. Now."

I sighed in irritation. "I'm sorry for--" I stopped when I looked at his face. There was a dark bruise on his right cheek. That was me. My eyes widened and I felt a pang of remorse, for I didn't realize before that I had hit him so hard. After a few seconds I spoke again, "I'm... I'm sorry," I didn't know what else to say. Besides, I knew he wouldn't forgive me anyway.

Then Jaejoong began. "I'm sorry for the way I acted on the plane, I'm sorry for getting angry at you when you were only trying to help, I'm sorry for being arrogant and obnoxious in return to your kindness. You had every reason to hit me."

There is no way that apology was sincere. I thought to myself.

"His apology was far more detailed and meaningful then yours, Nicole," Mr. Han lectured. "Learn something from this young man. Now go up to your rooms and pack. Hara and Yunho are already in their rooms waiting for you. We leave tomorrow for our new destination: Maui, Hawaii."