Last Farewell

Into Your World

CHAPTER 11

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol were rushed to the hospital. Unfortunately, Baekhyun was shot at the back of his heart and was dead on arrival at the hospital. As for now, Chanyeol is still unconscious. The doctors told me that he was badly injured and won’t have the chance to walk ever again.

Even though Baekhyun did a lot of bad things to us, I still; felt bad for him. He was my friend too and the last conversation that I had with him, he was very sincere. If only he didn’t let vengeance and anger overrule his mind, things wouldn’t turn out like this.

May you find peace in your heart, Byun Baekhyun.

I’ve been visiting Chanyeol’s room for 3 days already and he still hasn’t woke up. Remembering the scenes from last time, I realized how important Chanyeol is to me. When Suho passed away, he never failed to find a way to make me happy every day, every hour, and every second. Every morning I wake up, I always see his smile and I love hearing his deep voice greeting me a ‘Good Morning Gaeil! Breakfast is ready’. When I lose hope, he never failed to cheer me up with the words that I need to hear.

Gwaenchanha. Everything’s gonna be alright Gaeil. Hwaiting!”

He says while fist pumping in the air and doing some unnecessary movements.

My feelings are brighter than the sun.I don’t want to lose Chanyeol like how I lost Suho. I get my strength, happiness and inspiration from him every day.

I like him. No. I love him. As soon as he wakes up, I’m going to tell him.

 

The nurse enters the room with her things and checks up Chanyeol.

“Agassi, Go home and take a rest.”

“Ani. Gwaenchanha. I’ll stay here. “

“No Miss, We insist. Don’t worry. We’ll be taking care of him.”

I sighed.

“Arasseo. I’ll be also bringing things when I come back.”

“Take care, Miss”

“Thank you.”

I held Chanyeol’s hand and kissed his forehead before I bid goodbye to him.

“Annyeong” . Then I stormed out of the room. 

[Chanyeol POV]

I see Gaeil walk out of the room.

“ How do you feel?” Kyungsoo asked me

“Do humans really feel this kind of pain?” I asked him.

“Humans say that it’s like daggers piercing their hearts. Really painful.” Sehun said.

“That’s exactly what I’m feeling right now. It really hurts me seeing her like that.”

“She does that because she loves you.”

All of us turned to Kai when he said that.

“Yah! It’s pretty obvious. Don’t deny it.” Kai defended.

“Kai’s right. There’s nothing wrong with her loving Chanyeol but there’s gonna trouble if he feels the same.” ~Kyungsoo

“Hyung, Do you have feelings for her? Sehun asked me.

“I don’t know.

I like her smile, her bubbly self. She makes my heart beat fast. I want to take care of her.”

I stopped and sighed.

“I think I love her already”

The three shook their heads and Kyungsoo went beside me and patted my back.

“Bro, You know the consequence of this. Are you ready for it?” ~Kyungsoo

“You’re going to disappear hyung” ~Kai

“And you’ll never get your wings back” ~Sehun

I look at my human body lying the hospital bed attached with several apparatus and tubes. It’s happy and painful to be human. Yet, I’m a guardian and I need to take full responsibility of my violations.

“ Thank you guys. You’ve always been there for me.”

We hugged each other. Not only humans have best friends. These three are whom I consider as my best friends.

[Gaeil’s POV]

It’s already 8 in the evening and I don’t know why I feel like going back to this place. I can see tiny cars pass by from below. The moon and the stars are also shining brightly in this cold evening as I reminisce our first encounter.

 

“Gaeil” I heard a familiar deep voice from behind me.

I turned around and saw him just a few inches from me.

“Chanyeol”

I hugged him tightly and realized something so I broke the hug.

“How?”

 I asked him and he only flashes a smile at me. He’s more stunning than ever with his all white outfit.

“It doesn’t matter now.”

He gently said and turned me around my back facing him. I felt a pair of arms hugging me from the back while he rested his head on my shoulder. I can feel his breath.

*While Chanyeol was hugging Gaeil, his guardian friends saw his wings gently opening on his back.

 

“I don’t want to end this moment.”

 Gaeil told him as she closes her and feels the cold breeze though Chanyeol’s embrace makes her feel warm.

“Gaeil, I’m happy that I’ve met you”

“Me too”

“Even if I don’t want to end this night, I still have to go.”

Gaeil wanted to face Chanyeol but he just hugged her tighter.

“Why do you have to go?”

Gaeil asked while tears are already streaming down her face.

“Saranghae. Jeongmal Saranghae” *I love you, I love you so much*

Chanyeol whispered in her ear.

“Nado Saranghae” *I love you too*

Chanyeol’s tears fell on the ground along with the snow. As snow starts falling one by one, Chanyeol disappeared into the air like mist.

Gaeil turned around to see nothing but a white feather on the cold ground. She knelt down and picked it up.

“Saranghamnida. Park Chanyeol” *I love you. Park Chanyeol*

 

Gaeil attended Baekhyun’s funeral and stayed the cemetery until everyone had left. She knelt down in front of Baekhyun’s grave and started to weep.

“Why did all of the important people in my life leave me alone? Am I a bad person?”

Suddenly, someone offered her a handkerchief.

“Uljima *Don’t cry* I’m sure, he’s happy wherever he is right now.”

She heard familiar deep voice say. She just ignore the handkerchief infront of her and raised her head to see the guy. She was very surprised to see a tall, wide-eyed handsome guy in front of her.

“CHANYEOL!” She shouted in happiness and hugged him tightly.

“Uhm… I’m sorry but I’m not Chanyeol.”

She broke the hug and looked at him thoroughly.

“What are you saying?”

He just smiled and let out his hand.

“Hello. My name is Michael. Michael Shin. Baekhyun’s childhood bestfriend.Nice to meet you.”

Gaeil just shook Michael’s hand and stared at him; still dumbfounded on what’s happening.

“Michael Shin. I- I’m Jang Gaeil. Nice to meet you to.”

MEANWHILE

“I can’t believe it” ~Kyungsoo

“Me too” ~ Sehun

“I thought, he’d be back with us when we saw his wings.” ~Kai

“Me too” ~Sehun

“I really can’t believe it” ~Kyungsoo

Kai smacked their heads and both of them looked at him confused.

“Can you say something else?” ~Kai

 

“If you are his friend, where were you?”

“I’ve been in a comatose state for a long time already. Miraculously, I woke up yesterday and as soon as I heard about this, I flew back here from Chicago.”

 

“Now it kills me. I wanna know If I had the same case as Chanyeol’s” ~Kyungsoo

“I’m curious if I’m really dead” ~Sehun

“or if we’re really created as guardians…” ~Kai

“All I know is there’s a reason behind this”

Suho came walking by with Baekhyun slinging his arms around Suho’s neck.

“And his reason is only for the best of us” Baekhyun added.

The three just looked at them weirdly.

“These two are more unbelievable” ~Kai

“Me too” ~Kyungsoo

Then they all laughed at the heavens as they watched the earth down below.