Talks and Arguements

I'M DIFFERENT NOW

Yamada bursted out laughing. "You've got to be kidding, there's no way this person is fatty, I mean isn't fatty suppose to be fat?"

Yuto just stared at him. Yamada let out a nervous chuckle. "Are you being serious?"

"It's nice to meet you again Kuno-san," said Yuto smiling.

Great, just great. What am I suppose to say? My palms started to sweat a bit. Wait--I shouldn't be so nervous, why would I? There's nothing for me to be afraid of.

I took a deep breath in. "To clarify, yes, I'm Kuno Harumi, it's been nearly 10 years," I started. "It's nice to see you both doing so well."

Kana just stood there looking at all three of us. Yamada looked dumbstruck. What the hell? Is this for real? This girl used to be fatty? But she's so pretty! She looks totally different! Nice silky hair, perfect nose, soft pink colored lips, no pimples on her face and lastly, she's not fat. She's the perfect kind of skinny! thought Yamada.

"Anyways, it seems like you guys already know eachother," said Kana looking at all three of us. She turned to look at Yamada and me. "Haru-chan, can you talk to Yamada-san about our basic procedures and show him around the building." Kana grabbed me and started whispering into my ear.

"I know that you willingly volunteer to help us solve cases and I'm sure the Detective Agency of Tokyo wouldn't mind you helping us with this station's newest hired detective," whispered Kana. "Please bear this responsibility will ya?"

I sigh. I'm one of the detectives of the Detective Agency of Tokyo but it seems like Yamada isn't part of it but a recruit for the station. I guess I have no choice...maybe he's changed.

"Fine I'll do it," I whispered back. "But I'm only doing cause your my friend and for this station's best."

Kana smiled widely. "Arigatou!"

I looked over at Yamada and we made awkward eye contact. I rolled my eyes. "Yamada-san, I'll show you around the station first. Follow me." I walked out the door.

"Hai," Yamada replied and quickly followed but before he left he turned around and bowed.

The meeting room was only left with Kana and Yuto. "Nakajima-san, it seems like you've already known Kuno-san," said Kana.

"Yes, I've known her since elementary school along with Yamada," replied Yuto.

"Oh really? I've heard alot about you two from Kuno-san," Kana glared at Yuto. Yuto blinked looking a bit confused. "Anyways, I'll get Showa to show you around the station, got it?"

"Yes madam," said Yuto.

"I'm sure you know the rules of being a police officer so don't let anything distract you," Kana walked out the door and Yuto followed.


We walked down the hall of the forensic department. There was an really awkward silence. It may not seem like it, but I'm still really upset about what happened in the past. The bullying was worst than anyone could've imagined. Years back, eversince the word of me having a crush on Nakajima-san got it, girls pestered me about it, wrote alot of bull on my desk and wouldn't let it go. Telling me to go die and eat until I explode. It really was the worst.

"So fatty, how did you do it?"

 I stopped and turned around to look at my childhood nightmare. "What?'

"Did you not hear me or something? How did you lose all the fat?" Yamada continued. I didn't say anything and just looked at him. "YO are you deaf?"

I couldn't believe it. I thought people would change as they grow and mature. But no, I was wrong, dead wrong. I tried to stay calm. "You're acting like a child right now, can you please be more professional?" I know I didn't say much but Yamada looked really ticked off. I remember him as a boy who gets offended really easily.

"Oh yeah that reminds me," Yamada looked at me up and down. "Back in the days, you were as dumb as hell, its amazing that you're a top detective now."

I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult. I laughed.

"Please understand that we're still on working hours, first impressions for a job are really important you know. It hasn't even been an hour and you're being a douchebag," I said back calmly. "But now that we're at it....remember that day back in grade six when you threw out a pack of chocolate covered strawberries cause it tasted really gross?"

"Yeah I do,"

"The reason it tasted so bad was because...I redipped the strawberries in new chocolate with high amounts of salt," I finally said.

"SALT?!" said Yamada shocked. "Everyone knew I hated food with too much salt!"

"Well duh, is there any other reason why I did it?" I said back casually as I started walking away.

"You!" shot Yamada. "How dare you?!"

I stopped again and turned around to face him and glared at him. "You know, thats nothing compared to what you did to me back then."  I continued to walk. I pointed to a room. "This is the evidence analysis room."

During the rest of this mini so called tour around the station, Yamada stayed silent most of the time. It seems liked he was taken back a bit. I didn't even say much. Did my debate skills get better?

"By the way, don't fall in love with me since I'm so handsome," he announced. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. But truth is, I can't really deny the fact since he really IS handsome. If he wasn't so rude and obnoxious back then, who knows, I might've fallen in love with him.

I felt my phone vibrate and I stopped walking. I take it out. A text from Kana.

There's been a suicide. Apparently this one's really weird. Meet me at Misako and Rosen art gallery. The forensic team is already here. Get here with the rookie ASAP.

A suicide? No wonder the forensic floor seems a bit quieter than usually.

"Yamada, there's been suicide and you're coming with me to the scene," his eyes widen. "This might be a new experience for you."

"Suicide? We're going to the scene?" he asked slowly.

I smirked. "Scared?"

He chuckled. "Scared, who's scared?"

"Wimp," I say under my breath.

"What did you say?"

"Betsuni~" I sing back.

"Fatty," Yamada said under his breath.

"What did you say?"

"Betsuni~" he said mimicking me.


I parked my car in front of the museum. Policemen guarded the entrances. Reporters everywhere. It looked like a mess.

"Let's go," I said.

Yamada and I walked up to the entrance and flashed our ID at the men. He lifted the taped and we entered. The museum was really nice, paintings were hanged against a clean white wall but that didn't last long until I see dots of red. Kana was taking statements from the employees of the museum with Fuu, Yuto was next to them. Kana looked up and saw me.

"Haru-chan," Kana walked up to me.

"Kana, what's the situation?" I ask. Yamada looked around looking shocked to see the dead body.

"Mizuboshi Shiki, the owner of this museum was found dead and suicide note next to him."

I looked at the suicide note. It wasn't word processed, could this be the the man's hand writing? I walked around the body to find a pathologist examining it.

"Yabu-san?"

He turned around to look at me. "Ahh Kuno-san,"

"What's the cause of death?"

"He was dead approximately 2 hours ago but I need to perform and autopsy to confirm. Cause of death was a slit to both his wrists and a slit to his main artery on his neck. It seems like the slit on his neck was the one that caused immediate death."

I nod. "I see, thank you."

I look around to see my surroundings. Five paintings were on a white wall. Next to the last painting I see a hook. I walk up to it. Was another painting suppose to be here?

Gathering from the info I have right now. Hmmm...this doesn't look like a simple suicide case. Where's the knife or something he used to kill himself? It looks like a murder disguised as a suicide..

"Oh my god..." I hear a small whisper.

I turn around to see Yamada holding onto his stomach in front of the body. Wait, he isn't going to do what I think he's going to do, is he?

"Chotto--Yamada don't do it!" I yell. Everyone turned around and looked at me.

I ran up to him and cupped my hand in front of his mouth and felt something wet and warm.

UGHHHHHHH!!!! YAMADA YOU LITTLE BASTARD!!!

END OF CHAPTER 2

(second chapter guys. hope you like it ^_^. NOTE: not proofread)