Memories of the past

I'M DIFFERENT NOW

This feels so disgusting!

"Yamada that's so nasty!!" I said as I guided him outside of the museum, far from the crime scene. 

Yamada looked at me as I still have my hand on his mouth. I let go and vomit dripped from my hand. Blehhhh!!! 

"Harumi! Yamada-san!" a voice from behind us was drawing closer. "Here you go."

She handed me a water bottle and Yamada a bag. I opened up the bottle and poured water onto my left hand. I sniffed my hand and it still smells like Yamada's vomit. Honestly, I thought he'd be more professional than this. I looked over at Yamada and it looked like he finished his business with the plastic bag.

"Where's the nearest restroom?" I asked Kana.

"Gomen Harumi, there's a restroom inside the museum but I'm afraid you can't use it," she replied.

Damn. "It's okay, I'll wait till we get back to the station then."

"I have to get back to the scene," said Kana looking at her phone and then looked over at Yamada who's wiping his mouth his sleeve. "You deal with him," and she walked away.

I take out my packs of tissue and handed it to him. "Here, use this. It's better than your sleeve."

He looks up at me and takes it. "Thanks."

I look at my surroundings and see a bench. "Let's sit over there."

He nods. There was a few moments of silence.

"Gomen," Yamada started. "about throwing up on your hand."

I glared at him and cracked a smile at him. "It's okay, totalllly okay. I'm sure any girl would be grateful for a guy as handsome as you to throw up into her hand. Yeahhh~ its totally okay." I said sarcastically.

He chuckled. "You don't sound too forgiving."

"That's the point smart one."

He raised his eyebrows and smiled.

"But you know, you reminded me of what I was like the first day on the job," I said.

"Really? What did you do?" He asked.

"I threw up, just like you did. But a good friend of mine cupped my mouth just like I did with you," I said with a chuckle.

"It seems this good friend of yours probably got pissed at you, like how you were pissed at me," said Yamada. 

Whooosh! Such strong wind. I caught a glimpse of Yamada, he looks kinda amazing in the wind. I try to pull back my hair in place. I probably look like 'The Grudge' or something.

"Yeah he was pissed and grossed out," I replied.

"He? I thought this person was a she?" he asked.

I looked at him and held my stare. "Why would you think that?"

Yamada swallowed a bit and I saw it. "Nothing, by the way, where is this friend anyway? The way you mentioned, he was probably a detective as well?"

"Yeah..." I replied slowly looking up at the clear blue sky with one small cloud.

"Then, where is he now?" he curiously asked.

I pointed up at the sky. "Up there."

Yamada's eyes widened, clearly not expecting that. "Oh..." he trailed off.

I really don't want to think about that day. I'm afraid it triggers sad and unwanting memories. I look over at Yamada, it looked like he really wanted to say something but couldn't say it.

"If you're curious, then go ask our inspector, she was there when it happened," I said quickly. 

I stood up. "Let's go, we've been away for too long."

"Alrighty then," said Yamada with a bright smile. "Let's go back to the scene."


I sat down on my chair and looked at the pictures the forensic team had taken of the crime scene. It was obviously a murder, the criminal was probably a first time criminal but something didn't feel right. The painting missing, the way the victim died looked like he was murdered but... it's just not right. Also, our team found a cut wire hanging across the scene. What was the criminal trying to do? Ughh!!

I glance at the clock, 7:08 PM. Its been a long day. Having to deal with Yamada was such trouble. I'm glad I can rest with the comfort of my own home. I should take a break. 

*Ding Dong

Huh? Who could that be? I walk down the stairs to the door. I opened it to find Kana and two other people. Yamada and Yuto huh? 

"Sorry to bother you," said Yuto.

"Haru-chan, we're here to visit you!" shouted Kana.

"I can see that," I said. "and no need to shout."

I look over to Yamada. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the kitchen.

Yamada made a face. "Is that you how treat a guest?" he asked sourly.

"An uninvited guest," I corrected him.

"Don't worry, just go in," whispered Kana. 

"Of course I'm going in," Yamada said as he marched towards the kitchen.

I poured four cups of decaffeinated green tea. 

"Let's go upstairs to her room," whispered Kana to Yuto and Yamada.

"Is that allowed?" asked Yuto.

Kana giggled. "Daijoubou, she won't get mad at you guys, it was my idea anyways."

The three walked up the stairs quietly. 

"This is her room," said Kana.

I noticed that it was suddenly quiet. What the heck? Where did they go? Since Kana's here, she probably brought them to my room. Damn, there's personal stuff there. But oh well, it's nothing to hide. I placed four cups and some biscuits on a tray and walked up the stairs. I opened the door and see Kana and Yuto sitting on the couch giggling. Yamada looked slightly mad.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"Just dumb stuff about Yamada," said Kana trying to hold in her laugh.

I placed the tray on the coffee table. 

"By the way Kuno-san, you live alone?" asked Yuto.

"My parents are overseas at work and the maid comes once every few days," I answered.

"Seriously!? This house is huge! Don't you get lonely?" Yuto continued to ask.

I shrugged. I sat down on the couch and took a sip of my tea but before I could, my cellphone rang. 

I looked at the caller and frowned. Yamada noticed. "Something the matter?"

"Excuse me, I got to answer this call," I left the room.

Yamada and Yuto looked at eachother. 

"She's acting kind of weird," said Yuto.

"She's probably on her period," said Yamada. Kana punched Yamada on the shoulder.

"Don't be rude! It's not that..." Kana trailed off.

"Oh right!" Yamada suddenly said. "Harumi said something about a male detective friend...you know...in the sky and carried on and stuff. She told me that you were there, what happened?"

Kana was shocked to hear this. It was tough to bear the pain of losing a friend. But it was Haru-chan who suffered the most. Kana sighed and looked at Yamada and Yuto.

"It was on the day of of May 16, three years ago..." 

END OF CHAPTER 3

((Hope you guys like it!! :D NOTE: not proofread))