May 16th and Case

I'M DIFFERENT NOW

"It was on the day of May 16, three years ago..." Kana begins.

Yamada and Yuto sat perfectly still on the sofa, curious about what happens.

"Harumi was a newbie detective and was slightly shabby but her reasonings and deduction skills were superb," said Kana thinking back. "and there was this young man named Kawasaki Aruto, who was just as amazing as she was. They solved several cases together even though their way of reasonings were different, they still managed to find out who the criminal was at the end. Their relationship was kind of funny but it turned out that they had mutual feelings."

"Ehhh~ the perfect team huh?" said Yuto.

"Shhhhh," shushed Kana. "Let me continue."

Yuto nods.

"There was this one case that really gave these two headaches; The Brutal Locked Rooms Case of 2010." said Kana.

"AHH! That case was a killer then. It was all over the news!" shouted Yamada exchanging nods with Yuto.

"Would you guys please shut up?!" shot Kana. "Jeez..."

Both of them nodded.

"Harumi found out who the criminal was and he was holding a hostage. Knowing that the criminal was so close to her, she didn't want him to get away. We managed to arrest the criminal. But the outcome was unexpecting, Aruto saved Harumi from a machine gun shot. Harumi had severe injuries but survived...as for Aruto...he didn't make it." Kana said sadly.

The two boys were silent. Their eyes were down.

"Harumi felt like it was her fault and blamed herself," said Kana.

"Oh," was all Yamada said. Who knew that Harumi been through so much? Even as far as to blame herself.

Meanwhile...

"I know that..." I said through the phone. "You don't have to bother yourself to call me just to talk to me about this."

"Alright then," the voice said from the phone. "But..."

I sat down on the hallway chair.

"But what?" I asked.

"Don't bother with the bouquet of flowers," the voice said. "Nee-chan wouldn't want it anyway."

I smirked. "Tsk. How do you know? You can communicate with the dead?"

"Why you?!" the voice said.

"Ahh~ gomen. I got to go. Jaaa~"I pressed the end button. I sighed. Tomorrow is the death date huh?

I get up and walked to my room to where the others are. I opened it.

"Gomen gomen, the call took longer than I expected it to," I said smiling.

"It's okay Haru-chan," said Kana.

"Kuno-san? You have a Wii console!" said Yuto pushing the power button. "Let's play!"

I laughed. "Yeah sure. Let's play Mario Cart."

Yamada didn't say anything. He sat on the sofa, still thinking about what Kana had told him about. So she's been through all this, thought Yamada. He watched her, laughing while playing Mario Cart.

"Ehhh! Yuto-kun just pushed me off the track!!" complained Kana.

"Chotto- Kuno-san! Was that turtle shell from you?!" said Yuto eyeing the tv screen.

Harumi chuckled. "Maybe?"

Yamada had a lot of questions to ask. Why did you go by yourself? Why did you frown when you received that call? Why do you still look so mighty and confident even after the accident three years ago? Even if they dumb and nosy questions, he wanted to know.

"Ughhhh!" Yamada ruffled his hair in annoyance. Why should I care anyway? thought Yamada.

"Care about what Yama-chan?" asked Yuto.

Eh? Did I just say that out loud? thought Yamada.

"Uh-uhhh it's nothing," said Yamada. "Anyway, let me play."

I look over at Yamada. He looked troubled by something. I quickly turned to look Kana. Did she say something that she shouldn't have? Hmm...whatever...

Ah.

"Yamada you just knocked me with your canon shooter thing-a-ma-jiggy!" I punched Yamada on the arm.

"Who the hell cares?! It's a damn game for god's sake!" replied Yamada.

"Tsk."


"Good morning Kana," I greeted, sticking my head through her office door

"Good morning Haru-chan," said the smiling Kana.

"Ahh Kana," I said. "I'm going back to the crime scene today."

"Oh, ok," replied Kana, looking through her papers. "Bring Yamada with you as well."

"Ehh? Why is that?" I ask.

Kana put down her papers. "He needs some new learning experience with a professional."

"Oh. Fine by me." I said looking away.

Kana sighed. "I know you have some troubling problems with him in the past but that's just the past now."

"I know that," I said.

"That's good to hear Haru-chan," Kana gave me a wide smile.

"Anyway, see you later Kana," I said shutting the door behind me.

Kana sighed deeply and picked up her mini calender. "I guess I should go today..."

I walk down the corridor to look for Yamada. I see him walk out from the men's washroom. He's drying his hands off his clothes.

"There's papertowel inside the washroom, you know?" I said walking towards him.

"How do you know?" he said smirking. "You've been inside?"

I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, you're coming back to the crime scene with me today."

"Why?"

"There's no need for you to ask. It's your superior's order," I said.

"What superior? You're not the boss of me," he complained.

"Not me you ," I said annoyed. "It's Kana's order smart one."

"Alrighty then, let's go," he said walking away. I furrowed my brows. I'm suppose to be the one doing the walking away action.


I think about the crime scene once more. Blood splatter on the wall. Missing painting. Suicide letter.

"Oi Kuno, do you know which painting was missing?" asked Yamada as he walked up to me.

"The Dance of Cranes," a voice said. "By Morita."

We both turned around to find Fujisawa Kano, the man who found the body.

"You two must be here to investigate right?" Fujisawa said. He was a tall man with sharp eyes.

"Yes we are," I said. "May I ask how you found the body?"

Yamada looked at me.

The man nodded. "I was walking around to see if anything was out of place. The museum was already closed so no one was here except the guard. It was the staff's day off that day. I was heard a thump and I hurried to where the sound came from. I found Mizuboshi-san lying on the floor with a letter next to him, I opened the letter and it turned out to be a suicide note. I then realized that the painting was missing." he explained shaking his head. "He was a person I looked up to, he was a relaxed person and wasn't a weak man."

"What about the security cameras?" Yamada asked.

"The wires were cut," he replied. "It's a pity that Mizuboshi-san killed himself."

My eyes widened. "Why are you so sure that he killed himself?" I asked.

Fujisawa blinked. "There was a suicide letter. If it's that then isn't it obvious that he killed himself?"

"I guess you could say that..." I trailed off.

Fujisawa looked at his watch and said, "I got to get going, please feel free to ask me questions later." he walked away.

"Yamada-san, what do you think?" I asked him.

"He's obviously the murderer right?" he asked back.

I nodded. He caught on fast. "He said that he looked up to the victim and said he wasn't a weak man, then shouldn't have more faith in him?"

Yamada laughed. "Yep, then we should find more evidence to nail him right?" he asked.

I turned around to look at Yamada carefully. "Right now, this is just a prediction. I'm not deducting on logical reasons but...since it's what I think. My guess should not be incorrect." I smile.

"You're getting pretty arrogant right now," he said.

"Tsk. Let's leave it for today," I said.

"Are you sure about that?" he asked.

"Of course. Hey. Let's grab lunch together," I suggested.

Ehhh??? Isn't that like...a date?!? thought Yamada.

"Ahhh~ you're cheeks are pink," I said pinching them.

He pushed my hand away. "What are you doing, you desperate baka?"

"Screw this, I don't feel like arguing with you today," I said walking off.

He ran to catch up with me. "I'll go but you're treating."

He flashed me a white smile. 

END OF CHAPTER 4

((Hope you guys like this, I feel like it's not as good but..oh well...NOTE: not proofread. Ehhh~ the font size is being all weird. Hope you guys don't mind ^_^))


SNEAKPEAK OF NEXT CHAPTER

I feel tears slowly drip from my eyes. Yamada saw it and he looked confused. He put sandwich back down on the tray.

"Umm ehh-eh...are you okay?" he asked. What should I do? I never thought of what to do if a girl cries, he thought.

I feel a pat on back. Eh? What's this?

"It's okay, I think you should let it all out," he said quietly.

I sat there. Letting out all the tears I've been holding in out for a long time.

END OF SNEAKPEEK

((Hehe, I hope you guys enjoy this mini sneakpeek. It's not much but...oh well..LOL))