We Meet Again

I'M DIFFERENT NOW

"Target spotted," I say into my bluetooth device.

"Hurry and follow him."

I follow the man in the striped sweater and brief case. The streets were so crowded and busy that it was really hard to tail him. I tried to follow him without being noticed. The suspect made a turn into alleyway and I briefly followed. The alleyway was dirty, grafitti on the walls, garbage bins lying around and really stinky. I quietly followed him but he stopped abrubtly. I hid behind a garbage bin and he turned around. I swear I felt a presence, must've been my imagination, the man thought and continued walking. I stepped out from behind the bin and continued to follow him. The man entered a building and shut the door behind him. I see a window and peeked in.

"I got it," I heard the man say. 

A shadow came out from behind the wall. He was bald and had a small beard. "Good. Let's see it,"

The man unlocked his brief case, took out a small pouch and untied it, then poured out the contents onto the flat surface of the brief case. Little sparkly objects came rushing out of the pouch. Diamonds. I got him now.

"Enter now," I whispered into my bluetooth.

"Got it," the woman on the other end of the line said. There's a GPS located in my bluetooth, so my colleagues know where to find me.

While the two men inside were busy checking out their new loot, I looked down the alleyway and I see my best friend and Police Inspector, Tsubaki Kana. Her father is the superintendent-general of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, the highest police rank in Tokyo. My other colleagues were right behind her.

"Are they inside?" she whispered.

I nod.

Kana signaled the others to take action. One of my collegues, kicked open the door. The others rushed inside the building. Kana followed.

"FREEZE!"

The two man looked up in shock and tried to get away but they accidentally dropped the diamonds onto the floor. Kana and her colleagues managed to trap them. I stood by the doorway watching. 

"You're both under arrested for robbery and theft of these diamonds," declared Kana as she placed cuffs on the bald man and the other policeman placed cuffs on the other man. "Take them away." Our collegues nodded their heads and took them to the police car.

Kana walked up to me and patted my back as we walked out the building together.

"Why'd you make me do something so dangerous Kana," I started to complain. "I wanted to solve crimes not to go on life risking missions!"

"Gomen Haru-chan," said Kana. "You called me and told me that you saw the suspect right, we couldn't lose precious time and let him get away and you were there so you just might as well..."

I rolled my eyes. "Great thanks alot," I replied sarcastically.

"At least you didn't get hurt."

"Ahhhh whatever," I chuckled. It didn't really matter since I'm fine anyway and the criminal is caught.

A crowd started to gather. Whispers came in and out from the citizens.

"Today, in Akihabara district. Two men were arrested for the robbery of nearly two dozen ten carat diamonds," said a reporter.

"Two middle aged men were arrested for robbing a jewelry store and in possession of an estimated amount of two dozen ten carat diamonds," said another.


"Good job everyone, you guys did great," said Kana to our police colleagues. We had already returned to our station, its one of the biggest ones too. Since Kana's father was a high ranking policeman, I can see why we work in this big station. The forensic department is right above us. The station is bigger than anyone can imagine.

"We owe it to Kuno-san," said an officer named Showa. "Arigatou."

"Thank god we caught them," said Fuu, an officer.

"Hai hai, Haru-chan let's talk in my office," said Kana pushing me.

She closed the door behind her and we sat down.  I exhaled deeply.

"You're not tired are you?" asked Kana.

"Of course not, you should be since you're the inspector here," I said back. Kana is indeed one of the best inspectors in Tokyo.

"I owe it all to you of course, since you help solve the cases and besides, you are pretty much the best detective in allllll of Tokyo," Kana said stretching the word "all".

"You're saying too much," I said.

"But I'm right thought, I wouldn't be able to catch those badasses if it weren't for you," continued Kana. "You can fight well, handle a gun and you have such a sharp mind. You're a genius!"

I smiled. I guess she can be right. I moved on from all the past bullying and here I am now.

*Knock Knock

Kana looked up. "Enter."

Showa stuck his head in. "The newbies are here, they're waiting in the meeting room."

Kana stood right up. Newbies? What newbies?

"Hey Kana, what newbies is Showa talking about," I ask curiously.

"Just two new guys that will soon be our colleagues," said Kana. "Come on."

We left Kana's office and headed to the meeting. Kana opened the door. A colleague named Satsuki who was sitting down stood up along with two other young men. "Inspector Tsubaki, these two men are our two new recruits."

They looked awfully familiar, where have I seen them? The first man was around my height, probably twenty something or so, he wasn't tall but he seemed to have a good build, he has a slim nose, soft pink lips, dark brown eyes and perfect dark brown hair. The second man was quite tall, he has black hair, tall nose, a somewhat good build and thin lips. I can't remember. Have I met them before? I just stared at them.

"Yamada Ryosuke desu~ the new detective, yoroshiku," he bowed and shook hands with Kana.

"Nakajima Yuto desu~ new officer, yoroshiku," he also bowed and shook hands with Kana

Chotto matte--Nakajima Yuto? Yamada Ryosuke? Oh no, they couldn't be--

"It's great that you guys are here. Being part of the police and being a detective requires great skills," Kana turned to me and placed her hands on my shoulder, "this woman is Kuno Harumi-san, one of the best detectives and so on."

Yamada looked at me and so did Yuto. Yuto eyed me and his mouth dropped open. "Harumi-chan?!? From elementary school?!?"

"Ehh?!?!" Yamada was shocked. "THIS girl is fatty?!?!"

"Whats going on?" Kana asked. "You guys know eachother?"

My eyes widen. Yamada and Yuto from elementary school? You've got to be kidding me. My worst nightmares are here, as my colleague and partner. Please, someone just shoot me right now.

END OF CHAPTER 1

((my second fanfic guys! hope you guys like the first chapter. NOTE: not proofread ^-^ comments are wanted))