Of DDR and Frogs

Of DDR And Frogs

ome on, it's only grocery shopping guys. You don't have to act like it's the end of the world or anything." Youngguk crossed his arms looking at the other five members of the band all standing in front of him with similar looks on their faces.

 

"But hyung, today was meant to be our day off!"  Daehyun complained, pouting much to the amusement of Himchan who clapped a hand over his mouth to hide his laugh.

 

"Yes, but our manager is sick and we need food, so we need to go grocery shopping." The other five members of the band still looking unamused with the leader's plans for the day,  Youngguk relented a little. "Fine, I'll get you all chocolate or something if you don't muck up." A round of clapping and wooping was recieved. "Yah, yah, yah, okay, let's go."

 

...

 

"Hyuuuuuuuung, can we go to the arcade while we're here?" Zelo skipped around the front of the group walking through the shopping mall. There were people everywhere and more and more people were starting to notice them. Fans will be fans after all.

 

"Not until we're finished shopping." Youngguk said acting like the fatherly figure that he apparently now was to the group. "Or at least not until we've gotten most of the shopping done." Zelo pouted at the older man. Youngguk sighed to himslef, he really shouldn't be affected by the maknae's puppy eyes anymore, especially since said maknae was now almost taller than him. "Okay, okay, you can go to the arcade, just be careful okay? And try not to get attacked by any crazy fans that seem to be lurking around huh. And meet us at the grocery store in about two hours okay?" Zelo jumped up and down, smiling and laughing.

 

"Thank you hyung! I will!" He said quickly bowing and then running off in the direction of the mall's arcade.

 

"Are you sure it was okay to let him go off by himself hyung?" Youngjae asked, the group continuing to walk towards the grocery shop.

 

"He's not completely a baby anymore, he should be okay, and if there's anything wrong he knows to either come find one of us or call us." Yongguk paused for a moment, looking around at what seemed to be even more people packing into the mall, some now with cameras. Stupid fans. "On second thoughts, maybe someone should go with him, we seem to be attracting a fair bit of attention."

 

"I'll go find him hyung." Himchan volunteered, wanting nothing than to have a bit of alone time with his younger boyfriend, even if it was in the centre of a noisy arcade filled with people.

 

"Thanks Channie." Yongguk waved the younger off to go find the maknae.

 

"In that case, can we go scout out a few clothes shops while we're here then?" Jongup asked, already bouncing on the balls of his feet with anticipation, smiling widely when the leader sighed and nodded. Jongup grabbed Daehyun by the wrist and dragged him off in the direction of the clothes stores section of the mall.
 

“Same rule goes for you two as well, back at the grocery store in two hours.” Youngguk called after them. "Guess it's just you and me then huh Jae?" Yongguk looked over to the only other member of the band left with him, Youngjae smiling and nodding as the walked off."

 

...

 

“Junhong-ah!” Himchan called, looking around the games at the entrance to the arcade for the youngest member of the band. Spotting a flash of blonde hair, he walked around the shooting games only to see the flash disappear behind the next row of games. Smiling, he walked down the row slowly, looking around. There were a fair few people around, but they were mainly younger kids playing the games and didn’t seem to be interested in the idols walking through their midst.

 

“Hyuuuuung!” Himchan jumped, Zelo having taken Himchan’s slow pace as a chance to double around and sneak up behind him, making the older jump, surprised.

 

“Yah! You’re so mean to your hyung. You scared me!” Himchan pouted, making Zelo laugh even more. “I knew you were hiding from me.” He crossed his arms.

 

“Naw hyung! But I was only playing!” Now it was the maknae’s turn to pout, hanging off Himchan’s crossed arms cutely. The sub-vocalist couldn’t resist and reached out to pinch his boyfriend’s cheek, resulting in another cute pout. “I’m not a baby hyung!”

 


“And don’t I know it.” Himchan laughed at the blush that appeared on the younger’s cheeks straight away along with the half scowl. “Okay, okay, not in public, I got it.” The scowl turned into a smile.

 

“Come on hyung, I wanna play DDR!” Zelo grabbed the older’s hand suddenly back to his hyper self, pulling him towards the dancing machines in the next row of games over. “Winner get’s the other’s chocolate that Gukkie-hyung is buying!” Himchan laughed.

“Well you started it!” They both jumped onto the machine and Himchan shoved in a couple of coins, starting the game.

 

 

About two hours later, Youngguk and Youngjae were waiting out the front of grocery store, shopping cart full of food in front of them, munching away on some chips they had bought when Daehyun and Jongup came back, arms filled with bags from various clothes stores.

 

“Didn’t you go a little overboard there guys?” Youngjae asked, eating another chip in the process.

 

“Well there was this sale on, but don’t worry! It’s not all for us, we got you guys stuff too!” Jongup said brightly, still as full of energy as before they had started shopping. Daehyun on the other hand looked a little run down and tired. Youngguk chuckled.

 

“Too much for you Dae? Well don’t worry, as soon as Channie and the maknae get back we’ll head home. I think an early night would do us all the world of good tonight.” The other three nodded in agreement, then waved as Himchan appeared, carrying a stuffed  making his way towards the group. “Where’s the maknae?” The leader asked when the younger man got close enough to hear.

 

“He isn’t here already? He said he was going on ahead. I stayed a few seconds more to get this with the tickets we won playing games.” He said motioning to the plush frog in his arms.

 

“Well he didn’t show up. Are you sure he went the right way?” Youngguk looked a little worried and started looking around the mall, searching for a flash of blonde hair and a mask.

 

“How about we split up and look for him? Daehyun suggested, putting all the shopping bags he was carrying into the shopping cart along with Jongup’s bags. Youngguk and Himchan nodded.

 

“I’ll stay here with the shopping incase he shows up here, call me if you find him.” Youngjae offered, everyone agreeing before fanning out.

 

 

Himchan was starting to really worry. He’d been walking through the shopping mall searching for their maknae for nearly 20 minutes now, with no sign of him anywhere when his phone started ringing. “Is he there?” He answered, seeing Youngjae’s number on the screen. “Okay, I’ll be right back.” He ran back towards the grocery store, Younjae having told him they’d found Zelo.

 

Seeing his boyfriend sitting with the other members of the band, he ran over and pulled him into a hug, disregarding everyone who was looking on.

 

“Are you okay Jun-ah?” He asked, pulling back to look at the maknae’s face who was now pouting.

 

“I’m fine hyung. Some fans started following me on my way back, so I tried to lead them off course so they didn’t get back to all you guys, but I got lost and ended up on the other side of the mall.” He explained, looking tired.

 

“Well at least you’re back now. And you were trying to do the right thing.” Daehyun piped in, the rest of the group agreeing.

 

“And we should probably head home before those fans decide to try and grab our stuff.” Jongup looked around at all the people gathering, hand protectively going for his clothes bags.

 

“I think that’s a good idea as well.” Youngguk agreed, starting to herd the group towards the carpark and their van.

 

When they’d unloaded all the shopping, everyone got into the van and Zelo automatically curled up next to Himchan on the back seat closing his eyes.

 

“You okay Jun-ah?” Himchan ran his hands gently through his boyfriend’s hair, soothing the seemingly still worked up maknae.

 

“Yeah, just tired, really tired.” The younger yawned, leaning into the arm that Himchan had put around him.

 

“Well we can go to bed when we get home okay?” The maknae nodded sleepily, face waking up slightly when the older of the two reached into the seat behind them and pulled out the stuffed frog Himchan had gotten at the arcade. He tucked it into the space under Zelo’s head, making a pillow for the younger boy.

 

“Thankyou hyung.” He yawned again, smiling before closing his eyes.

 

“You can thank me when we get home.” Himchan looked down when he didn’t get a response. Zelo was already breathing evenly, face relaxed. Himchan leaned down and placed a kiss into the blonde hair.