Her kindness and his distance

My heartbreaker

 

“I’m home.” Key said as he went inside his house.

“Where were you?” His mom asked.

“Jonghyun’s.” He answered simply while taking off his blazer and loosing his tie.

“Hyerin called. She said she’s been calling you for several times but you didn’t pick up.” She said.

“Oh.” He mumbled. “My phone is out of battery.” He said. “I’m gonna go take a shower.” He went upstairs.

“God, what have I done?” He sighed in guilty as he laid his body on his bed.

Then, he checked his phone. 17 missed calls from Hyerin.

He was gonna call Hyerin but suddenly a text message came.

‘Hey, I had a great time. Thanks 4 accompanying me ' From her.

He sighed again and called Hyerin.

After 3 rings, she picked up.

“Yoboseyo?” Key smiled as he heard that sweet voice of her.

“Hey, sorry. My phone is out of battery.” Key apologized.

“Oh, it’s okay. Anyway, what Krystal bought?” She asked and Key became speechless for a second.

“Umm, a big, soft pillow. We went to a shop that sells cute stuffs like teddy bears, blah blah blah like that.” He replied calmly.

“Oh,” That was all she said.

“Okay, I’m gonna go to sleep.” She said.

“What? So early~” He pouted as he looked at his watch, 8.07 p.m.

“I’m tired.” She said. And he swore he sense a hint of coldness in her voice but he just shrugged it off.

“Nite babe~ Dream about me, okay?” He smiled.

“Okay~ Bye.” She chuckled.

“Bye.” Key said and hung up.

Then, he went to take a shower.

 

 

“Bye.” He said and hung up making Hyerin pouted.

Not that she wants to be a demanding girlfriend but she’s kinda missed Key saying I love you over and over again before he hung up just like he used to.

Then, her phone rang again.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hey, it’s Jonghyun.”

“Oh, hey Jonghyun! What’s up~” Hyerin chirped.

“Good, what about you and… Key?” He said hesitantly and emphasising Key’s name at the same time.

“Great. We are great. But what do you mean?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

“….. Key is a good guy. But I don’t know why he suddenly became like this.” He said.

“L-like what?” She acted innocently.

“Don’t act like you don’t know. I saw you kicked the wall while muttering Key is a bastard flirty something like that because Key keep flirting with other girls” He chuckled.

“Oppss, busted.” She giggled. “I admitted I’m jealous. Very much. But I don’t want to be a girlfriend who controls her boyfriend.”

“Jealousy is not a crime, Rin-ah. Plus, he’s flirting with other girls right in front of your faceee! You’re just too kind.” He said making Hyerin chuckled.

Cliché words, she thought.

“Okay, daddy~ I’ll listen to your advice. Nite daddy~ Your girl want to sleep.” She said with a child voice.

“Ha-ha, funny.” He laughed dryly. “So early. Nite my baby girl.” He joked and made kissy sound.

“Okay, bye.” She laughed.

“Bye. You hung up first.” He said. Hyerin chuckled and said bye again before hung up.

She smiled and went to sleep.

 

 

Hello~ Hello~

Jonghyun’s phone rang.

Who is it?, Jonghyun thought.

Oh, Key.

“Hey Key! What’s up?” Jonghyun picked up.

“Hey, if my mother asked you where I was after school today, say that I was in your house, okay?” He said.

“Wae?” Jonghyun asked, curious.

"Just do what I said, okay?" Key sighed.

"O...kay.." Jonghyun felt suspicious but he just shrugged it off and agreed.

"OKay, bye." Key said and hung up.

Jonghyun hung up too and put his phone on his desk.

Weird, he thought.

 


 

*The next day*

Hyerin's POV

 

"Sorry babe. I can't go home with you again. I promised with my basketball members to hang out with them." Key said apologetically.

I glanced over his shoulder and saw his basketball members and..... girls chatting infront of the school gate, waiting for him.

"I don't know that basketball team in this school have girls as members." I crossed my arms.

"I don't know that they gonna invited them." Key shrugged.

"Okay. Have fun." I said bitterly and looked away.

"Aww, don't be mad." He cupped my face. "Okay, I promise that we'll go home together tomorrow."

"You promise?" I pouted.

"Umm." He nodded and gave me a long and gentle kiss making me immediately forgave him.

"I go now?" He asked, playing with my hand. I nodded and waved at him as he walked away to his friends.

I sighed. "Alone. Again."

 

Nobody's POV

Little that HYERIN know that someone, the girl, was watching them with a smirk.

"Key is mine." She mumbled possesively and walked away.

 


 

*The next day*

 

Hyerin's POV

 

"BWOOO?! He already went home?!" I shouted.

"After practise, he just went straight home." Jonghyun said, scratching his suddenly-itchy head.

"Oh." I hung my head down, dissappointed.

"Maybe he's tired." I mumbled.

He patted my shoulder and sighed.

"Wanna, uh, go eat together?" Jonghyun asked.

"Go eat together?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, there's a new cake shop nearby. Let's go together."

"New cake shop?" I beamed. "And you eat cakes?" I asked, scratching my suddenly-itchy head too.

"Why are you repeating my words?" He chuckled. "Yes, I eat cakes and I make too, you know." He stated in a matter fact of tone and I laughed making he laughed as well.

"Let's go then." I smiled.

He took his bag and offered his right arm to me while smiling cutely at me. I chuckled and linked arms with him.