A Cute Little Love Story.

♥OneShot Collection!

Dedicate to; CindyQuil. Truly one of my bestfriends. Best. <3


The sun had finally come out and the skies were a different kind of blue. The sun's rays shot through the blinds of Eun Mi's bedroom window. She slowly turned over mumbling something that no one could interpret. Eun Mi heard someone emerge in her room but she was too groggy to even open her eyes to see who it was. She suddenly felt a warm touch lightly plant among her shoulder, forming a small group of goosebumps along her light skin.

"Just 5 more minutes..." Eun Mi whispered.

"We don't want to be late for school this time." His voice sounded like a melody.

And right then and there, she knew who it was. Hyunseung. Eun Mi's eyes immediately widened as she gazed over at her alarm clock and slowly made contact with Hyunseung who was kneeling beside her bed, inches away from her face. He had a smug smile and didn't seem to rush her. After all, they were bestfriends. This mostly happened though; she would always sleep in and he would usually be standing outside the gate of her house but the only difference was... he was in her house. In her room.

Eun Mi raised her arms in the air to stretch as she let out a long yawn, "Mianhae. You should start going to school without me," she chuckles but inside she regret saying that, "I don't want to always be your excuse for why you're late."

She looked down and fondled with the sheets beneath here, waiting for Hyunseung's response. She already knew what he would say and that would mean they would no longer walk to school together. Well... she thought she knew.

"Aniyo.  Stop being so negative! Eun Mi, I'm perfectly fine walking to school with you. I dont mind being late." Hyunseung shrugs then gives her a reassuring pat on the back.

Eun Mi could feel the blood rush to her cheeks as she blushed a bright red.

"Haha, I guess! If you say so."

"Nae! Now go get ready, I'll wait for you outside. You know where I am." He quickly stands up and does a cute salute then leaves.

She can hear his footsteps run swiftly down the stairs, "Aish~ he's so cute." Eun Mi squeals as she happily hops out of her bed.

After getting ready, she goes downstairs with her backpack slung on one shoulder and heads to the kitchen where her mom is feeding Eun Mi's baby brother.

"UMMA! I will be leaving now." Eun Mi waves after chugging down the glass of orange juice.

"Nae. You should let your boyfriend inside more often!" Her mom shouts behind her with a laugh.

"He's not my boyfriend!"

She rolls her eyes and  stands outside of her door and takes in the summer aroma. Eun Mi could smell the distant rose bush that she had planted last month and she did a pretty well done job with it. Her eyes trailed over to the gate where Hyunseung was softly singing; he couldn't see her because his back was facing her so she decided to surprise him. Unfortunately, Eun Mi's clumsiness had the best of her and within inches away from Hyunseung, she tripped. He broke out of the song he was singing and rushed to Eun Mi.

"You are are so proned to accidents, you know that?" He chuckles, kneeling beside Eun Mi.

"Yes, yes I know. We haven't even left my house yet." Eun Mi sighs and smiles back.

He offers a helpful hand then slowly blows on her small cut. In Eun Mi's mind, she would see things in slow motion when he did something like that. His perfect pink lips blowing his magical air among her cut made shivers down her spine.

"Let's go! This is our latest we've ever been." Hyunseung takes her hand and heads out of the gate.

They run a few more miles and began to change their pace to a walk, "WAIT WAIT! Let me rest." Eun Mi begins to pant and places her hand on his shoulder trying to catch her breath.

Hyunseung looks over his shoulder and took notice of the bow that she had in her hair, "You're wearing the bow. Finally."

She wasn't the type to do anything much with her hair except straighten and comb. However, she sort of admired that bow; it was scarlet red and there were tiny hearts scattered all over the silk fabric. Something that Hyunseung had given to her for her birthday.

"Finally? Haha, yes I like it a lot."

"Good. Its your bestfriend bow." He laughs the kind of laugh that Eun Mi had always adored.

They continue walking and soon come close to the entrance of the school, Eun Mi takes a few steps ahead of Hyunseung but is abruptly stopped by Hyunseung who grabs onto her hand.

"We're going to be late. What's wrong Oppa?" She turns over to see his face fixed seriously at the school building.

Hyunseung puffs his cheeks out as he simply stares at the building, "We've come a long way, Mimi," oh how she loved when she called her that, "do you think will ever be closer?"

She stands in silence, feeling only the cool breeze encircling around the hand that she's holding. Hyunseung's fingers intertwine with her own. Eun Mi doesn't answer his question. She knew there was no way of answering it, it was told by their actions.

"Come on!" Hyunseung began to run, still holding onto her hand.

All they could hear was their footsteps rushing on the floors of the hallways. Eun Mi focused on Hyunseung's hand that was interlaced with her own. She felt safe and at ease when their skin came in contact.

"YAH! You're late! Once again! Always you two!" Mr. Woo fiercely slammed his ruler onto the desk as the two ran into the classroom.

"Nae nae. We get it." Hyunseung rolled his eyes.

Mr. Woo's eyes trailed down to Eun Mi's shaking hand which was still holding Hyunseung's.

"...and what do we have here?" He poked at their hands with the same ruler he slammed on the desk earlier.

Eun Mi tried to remove her hand from Hyunseung's  grasp but he only made his grip tighter, keeping her away from moving  away any further. 

"I don't think it's your business." Hyunseung took a step forward looking up at the teacher.

Mr. Woo's eyes widened but he kept his composure, "You. Both of you. See me after class."

The rest of the class tensed up and you could hear the gossip near the back of the room. Eun Mi's heart was pacing. She can feel a lump rise up in as her eyes began to water a bit. Hyunseung slowly let go of her hand and they departed to their desks.

- After Class -

The rest of the students quickly sprung out of their seats and gathered their things. Some of the girls took one last glare at Eun Mi before leaving the class. Everything became silent. Eun Mi could feel Hyunseung glance at her from time to time at the corner of her eye from the desk beside her. Mr. Woo's feet were plopped onto his desk; he began whistling a tune that was obviously some old trot song from the 80's. Hyunseung started tapping his foot and clearing his throat to either get Mr. Woo's attention or to stop him from whistling. 

"I'm going to run some errands," Mr. Woo gets up from his chair and grabs a broom, dusting pan, and a few erasers for the chalkboard, "and I want you two to tidy up this place for my next class. No freaky stuff. Arasso?"

"Nae!" Eun Mi smiles and nods.

"Sureee." Hyunseung fixes his hair but then gets scolded by Eun Mi, "FINE." He gives Mr. Woo a thumbs up.

"Great." He soon leaves the class.

Eun Mi quickly gets up from her seat and grabs the chalkboard eraser. She begins erasing the bottom part of the board.

"You would get the easiest cleaning job possible." Hyunseung laughs, quietly sneaking up behind her.

"It's not so easy," Eun Mi chuckles, "I cant reach the top of the board."

Eun Mi could feel his cool breath blow upon her ear. She freezes. The room is, once again, silent. The pace of her hand slows down among the chalkboard but the rest of her body stays still.

"Here..." He whispers, slowly guiding her hand near the top of the board, "with my help you can reach anything!" He lets out a glorious laugh.

She begins to sing quietly, hoping Hyunseung wouldn't hear her. After all these years of being bestfriends, Eun Mi never wanted anyone to know her talent. Not even Hyunseung. But this time... He heard her.

"Whoa. Eun Mi sings?" He laughs.

She pushes him away and looks down, "It's not really a big deal."

"Mwo? I actually love your voice."

Her face brightens up, "Jinjja?"

"Really really." Hyunseung winks, causing her to blush.

"Aish~ Don't do that. Ever again." She chuckles.

"Let's go somewhere."

"We're already in trouble. Leaving school would make it even worse." Eun Mi dusts her hands off.

"Well... it's not technically leaving school."


He was holding her hand again. They were running and running up flights of stairs. No one but Hyunseung knew were they were going, and Eun Mi didn't even care. She was with him. The guy she's been longing to have for forever

And there it was. Their final destination. The rooftop. Eun Mi looked at Hyunseung beside her; it was almost like the sun was shining only on him. Well that's the way she was seeing it. He looked back at her and saw the small gleam in her eyes. From that point on, he realized... she was always beautiful to him. He fell in love with her.

"This is beautiful." Eun Mi scanned the view of the buildings and the nice blue sky.

"Sure is." Hyunseung said, directly looking at her.

She let the perfect view sink in and sat down on the concrete floor of the rooftop along with Hyunseung.

"... What did you mean by "will we ever be closer?"" Eun Mi turned to face him.

"MiMi," Hyunseung ignored her question, "have you ever thought looking at me the same way you look at the sky?"

"What way is that, Oppa?"

"You know... the way we walk to school and you always look up at the clouds with happiness. Your smile too, it's a great sight to see."

"I don't really understand..." Eun Mi furrowed her eyebrows.

Hyunseung laid back and took a deep breath, "When I was young, my mother told me to find a special place," he looked over at Eun Mi to see if she was still paying attention, "a location where I could be whoever I wanted to be. A place whom I can share the one I love with."

Then that's when it all clicked in her mind. Hyunseung returned the same feelings for so long.

"Do you understand now, Eun Mi?" He got up and took a few steps forward just standing.

She got up and slowly went to give him a back hug, "I understand." Her chin rested on his shoulder, with her arms tightening around him.

"I love you. So much. And if you don't feel the same way, I won't accept it. I will wait for you. I will wait until you--"

"I love you too, Hyunseung." Eun Mi interrupted him.

"Good." He turned around to face her and caressed her cheek.

Her eyes became watery. This seemed to good to be true. It was, indeed, the reality she had always wanted. Suddenly, she felt his lips come in contact with hers and she didn't know what to do. She felt his fingers linger across her bow as he kissed her. It felt like... fireworks. Hyunseung couldn't help but smile toward the end of the kiss.

He leaned his forehead on hers, "You're mine. Okay?"

"I was always yours." Eun Mi smiled.

The sun was now shining on both of them. They were together. Finally.