Fading

♥OneShot Collection!

THIS WILL BE A TWO-SHOT. (:


It's summer. A season filled with happiness, friends, partying, and busy scehdules. A summer filled with love? No. Not for everyone... Not for these two at least.


"It's our anniversary and I was planning on taking you out tonight." Jonghyun leaned casually on the door frame.

Nana was seated on the bed as her fingers rapidly pressed against the buttons of her cellphone. She was texting... again. Which meant she was completely unaware of what Jonghyun had just told her. Hell. She didn't even remember their anniversary. You would think the man is the bad guy, right? Wrong. It was completely the opposite.

"Yah! Nana. Did you hear what I just said?" Jonghyun crossed his arms in frustration.

Nana faced Jonghyun with a blank stare. Her expression had no meaning and the atmosphere in the room became silent. Jjong stared back at her with an expectant gaze, almost like he was waiting for her to give him a reassuring smile and let him know that nothing was wrong. She did nothing of that sort.

"What?" She asked, looking at Jonghyun with the cellphone still in her hand. It was obvious that she couldn't wait to get back and text back whoever it was.

He let out a sigh, "Why can't you listen to me just once?"

"Because... anything you say is no longer important. Its either always about you or you're just wanting to start another argument. I'm not having it." She had a cold look and right then and there, he knew her real feelings this time.

Jonghyun rubbed his forhead in frustration, "I'm not trying to start anything. I just want to take my girlfriend out for a simple dinner because it's our anniversary and I---" he cut off his sentence when he noticed she wasn't listening; Jjong slowly walked over to her and snatched the phone away from her hands, "nana. You're going to listen to me."

Nana stood up from the bed. There was nothing but anger filled in her eyes.

"Dammit Jjong! Why can't you just leave me alone? I want my phone. Now. Give it."

"Not until you talk to me."

"Talk about what?! There's nothing to talk about!"

"How... how did we end up like this?" Jjong whispered slowly with a sigh as his gaze fell to the floor taking Nana's hand; placing the phone flatly on her palm. "I don't want to do this anymore, Nana. I'm so... tired of all this."

He turned away from her walking out of the room. She watched his back tense as he slowly distanced himself. Nana looked at her cellphone, she no longer had any interest in texting any of her friends back...Her heart was beating fast but she didn't know why. It felt almost as if it was preparing to shatter and fall to the ground like a broken vase. Her eyes became blurred by the fresh tears that formed in her large brown eyes. Nana could hear Jonghyun's footsteps becoming more and more mute; she wanted to run but she couldn't move, her body was motionless. She wanted to call after him but the lump in from crying kept her from doing so. Everything felt insignificant, she felt her knees quiver and soon collapse to the floor. 

You know, these two weren't always this way. There was a time in their lives where they were so in love. You could almost think of it as a fantasy that every girl would want to have. As stubborn as Nana is; deep down inside, she missed what she that one thing that made her happy. It was being with Jonghyun...

It was the way he held her hand when she was afraid, the way she'd make funny faces at him just to see his smile, the way he'd sing her a lullaby soflty in her ear as his arms wrapped around her waist. He made her feel so secure. But as years passed and things changed, those long nights of cuddling soon turned in to not even sleeping in the same room. There was always something to argue about. 

As the memories finally rushed back to her, she realized... it was the past. They couldn't get the same feelings they wanted like back then. They no longer depended on each other. They couldn't. They lost each other. Nana knew it was time to end things, the right way. She was running away from the truth and eventually it caught up to her. Nana slowly got up and headed for the front door. She turned the knob to feel the cool empty breeze whip across her face. Nana needed to talk to him. At least see his smile for the last time or maybe just a touch. She was going to go after him and that's something that her herself was never prepared to do. She was always use to having her way, but she loved him and love... Love leads us to different things.

to be continued ....