Fall For Your Type?

♥OneShot Collection!

Dedicated to; Jasmyn. One of the greatest people I've ever met. <3

OC; Park Soo Yeon

Bias; Kyung from BLOCK B.

- Story told by the OC.


One of those late nights working at the mini market again. I didn't understand why it closed at midnight; no one ever comes past ten. I would be happy to just lock up the damn place but I'm pretty sure my boss would cut off my salary for chopping closing hours. I sighed and stood behind the counter, reading the articles from the latest issue of SeoulHeart magazine. It was 11:45. Thank God, time was going pretty fast. I stopped reading the latest gossip and decided to clean up the place a bit and make sure everything was organized. Hm, maybe I could get a raise if I did a little more around here. I let my hair loose from the tight bun I had been wearing all day and began sweeping the floor. After that I even decided to clean up that ty bathroom that no one bothered to clean. Sometimes, I felt like the only one who worked here. Zico, as usual, checked out of work letting me fill in his position. As if I didn't already have enough to do. Well I could be wrong. All I really ever do is manage the cash register and greet people who come in the store.

I went back behind the counter and sat on the stool behind the cash register. I looked at my watch that read, 11:55. I smiled to myself, collecting my belongings and locking everything. I was just about to change the 'Open' sign to 'Close' until someone walks in. Are you ing kidding me?

It was a guy. Never saw him in my life and I apparently didn't care. He didn't even take one glance at me when he walked him. Disrespectful pig. He was scanning the aisles pretty quickly.

"Excuse me. If you're looking for the alcoholic beverages and cigarettes, it's at the very end." I told him.

He turned around and gave me a weirded out expression, "I don't drink or smoke. What makes you think I was looking for that?"

He had bold glasses on and his eyes were deep and dark. He was wearing casual jeans and a regualr white T. I don't recall him wearing an undershirt, he look like he just through on anything and walked on over here.

"I don't know... You just seem a bit -- nevermind. What were you looking for?"

He gave me a smirk and bit his lower lip; he squinted through his glasses to read my name tag, "I'm looking for some uh... protection, Soo Yeon. Do you understand?"

I furrowed my eyebrows for a second then my eyes widened finally realizing what he met, "Oh! Uhh. I don't think we sell those kind of things here. Mianhae. It's closing time so I'm gonna' have to ask you to leave." I bowed, feeling his eyes watch my every move.

"I'm Kyung. Call me Oppa though." He shot those daggering eyes at me. What the hell does he take me for? I wanted to barf.

"Okay. Kyung-sshi, please leave." I stared at him right back with a stone expression.

"You're cute you know that?" He chuckled then headed for the exit. He smelled nice. Almost sweet.

"...freak.." I mumbled to myself.

"Tell my bro' Zico I stopped by!" He did that little peace out sign as he headed out the door.

I watched him walk out in to the dark streets. Douchebags like him make me want to puke. I was just happy as hell that I got him outta' there so I could close this damn store up already!


Hell yeah. A day off plus a bonus in my check! What can be better? I put on my favorite pair of shorts, a simple grey shirt, and some Converse sneakers; I was going to meet up with my friends Jiyoung and Myungsoo at the cafe where we usually hang out. The sun was shining and the clouds were rolling among the sky. Today was going to be awesome...

- at the cafe -

"You're WHAT?!" I screamed across the table.

"Myungsoo and I are going out." Jiyoung smiled at him then they both smiled at me.

"You two together?! How and when did this exactly occur?"

"Last night. You were supposed to spend movie night with us but you were working." Myungsoo said.

"Aaaah, I see. Crazy things can happen all in one night. Wow." I run my temples as I try to process it.

"Come on, Soo Yeon Unnie. We'll all still be the same!" Jiyoung nodded.

15 minutes passed by and I was watching the new couple say the most cheesiest things to each other, and kissing, how gross. I puffed my cheeks out and sunk lower in my chair as I chewed depressingly on my chocolate bar. I looked around the place and noticed about 8 couples around me. THE HORROR! I covered my face and imagined my happy place full of shirtless Korean Pop idols prancing around a field of chow mein.

"Boo." I heard a deep voice tremble my eardrum.

"AH!" I took my hands off my face and turned to see who it was.

Ugh, that "Call me Oppa" guy. This day was already enough, now HIM?

"Have you seen Zico around?" He pulled a chair beside me and turned it to face me.

"No. I'm not working today, how should I know?" Now go bother someone else before I go rage.

"Just asking, jeeeez." He growled at me showing his pearly white teeth.

"Uh. Sooyeon, who's this?" Jiyoung glanced at him and he gave her a wink in return, causing Myungsoo to become overly protective.

"He's trouble. Bad influence, Jiyoung." Myungsoo gave him one of those death glares. I tried to hold in my laugh but I couldn't help it.

"I'm Kyung. Sup?" He smiled at Myungsoo.

I was irritated already. He was becoming my friends' friend, GAH. I stood up from my chair, "I'll see you later guys. Congratz on your relationship." I gave them a sarcastic gesture of thumbs up and walked out.

I felt two arms suddenly wrap around my waist. The is going on now? Ah. That sweet scent. It was Kyung.

". Let me go." I kept my composure but I'm pretty sure I was going to burst in flames any minute now.

"But I don't feel like it." I could feel is cool breath on my ear.

People who were passing by us smiled and pointed at us. It was embarrassing for me. I could not take this kind of attention.

"Let me go! People are staring."

"Aniyo." He laughed.

I picked my foot up and stomped on his foot, hearing his shriek made me laugh. At least he finally let go of me.

"Aigo. Aigo, aigo, aigo." He hopped on one leg while holding the foot I had just bruised.

"I warned you, Kyung-sshi. I don't even know you! What makes you think I'd let you do that?!"

"What's with the formal stuff? I'm your oppa. You're not normal. Most girls let me." He chuckled, slowly putting down his painful foot.

"Well I'm not one of them okay? So can you please PLEASE just go somewhere else?" I turned and walked off in to the distance.

"Sooyeon! Sooyeon!" He grabbed my hand, "I just want to know you."

I didn't turn around to look at him but I can feel his gaze on me, "You could have just said that instead of attacking me. The hell man?"

"Mianhae. I won't touch you anymore! Promise." He laughed as his fingers lingered away from my hand.

I took a deep breath and swiftly turned to face him, "Good! Let's start over. I'm Park Soo Yeon." I put on a smile.

"Ha. Cute. I'm Kyung. Your Oppa." He smirked.

I hit his arm playfully, "Yah! Cute?"

As far as I knew, I was just normal-looking. My hair was decent, my style wasn't noticed, and my face was just natural? The only thing I really admired about myself was my skin. Even in the summer, it never changed.

"Yes. Cute. You're cute." He said it oddly. Like he was in some kind of trance.

"Shut up, Oppa." I stick my tongue out at him.

"You called me oppa so I'll shut up." He smiles.

This guy was weird. All of a sudden he wants to know me? Nothing special went on in the store or anything. My instincts told me to watch out for him. I rolled my eyes and walked ahead and I can feel him catching right up to me. I knew I couldn't run away because my clumsiness would cause me to fall and hurt myself. Not the greatest idea.

"Where are we going?" He asked, tapping my shoulder.

"What do you mean we?" I hiss.

"Today is the day we can get to know each other!" He laughed.

I noticed the girls we passed by were seriously checking him out. I mean, I admit, he was mighty fine but he wasn't my type at all. I'm not even sure if I actually ahd a type but whatever it was, his kind would be last on my list. I was too focused on him that I didn't even realize where the hell I was exactly going to. I walked over near a fountain, there was a bench there with the perfect view. I didn't like being up all the time so I just decided to sit down. Kyung immediately sat close to me. I could feel his skin brush against my arm; I'm not sure if I was uncomfortable or interested. I'm pretty sure I was confused.

"There's a whole lot of space over there." I pointed at the very edge of the bench, leaning away from him.

He put on a thinking face then simply responded, "Naaaah."

"Could you just tell me why you're bothering me all of a sudden?" I asked.

"We would have known each other sooner. If you weren't playing hard-to-get." He smirked.

"W-w-what?! ME? Playing hard-to-get? Oh, trust me. You dont understand. I'm TRYING to get rid of you."

He didn't say anything after that. He scooted away from me to the near edge of the bench. I felt cold without his arm leaning on my own. I felt super bad, but it was true! Hard-to-get? Pft. In his dreams.

"I thought you'd be easy..." I heard him mumble.

"Uh, excuse me? What kind of girl do you take me for? I knew you were that kind of person. AISH!!~" I stammered looking the other direction.

"What kind of person do exactly think I am?" I could feel his full attention on me, but I ignored it.

"You're a player."

He laughed hardly. Then I finally looked at him. His eyes were watery from all the laughing he did. I dont know why, I was being completely honest with him and that's how he responded!

"ME? A PLAYER?"

I blinked a few times, "... Well yeah!"

He laughed a couple more rounds then answered, "Not anymore."

"So.. you were?"

"Mhm."

I saw his eyes trail to the fountain. His laughing completely vanished and his lips formed a straight line. He was serious this time.

"Well that's good you aren't anymore but--"

"You know what interesting?" He interrupted me before I could even finish my sentence.

"Eh?"

"How you can like someone but not know anything about them, but it feels as if you really do," He looked at me, "do you know how that is?"

"Err... I'm still a bit confused, Kyung."

"It's like your favorite group, think of it---"

"DBSK!" I clap.

He had a frustrated look on his face and took a deepr breath, "Nevermind."

How you can like someone but not know anything about them, but it feels as if you really do.

I thouroughly thought about it for a few minutes. I felt like I could relate to it. Maybe... maybe Kyung is what represents that feeling.

"I know what you're saying." I whisper.

"Hmm?" He took his glasses off.

"What you just told me, I understand."

We sat there on the bench talking for hours and hours. The stars replaced the skies, and the sun replaced the moon. It's amazing how you could find out a whole person's life story just in one day. I realized that Kyung wasn't so bad. He had a very interesting side which I admired. I told him most of my secrets. I actually opened up to someone I just knew for two days! That wasn't a normal thing. It was a really comfortably and easy-going moment for, safe to say, the both of us.

"...Actually there was something I really have to confess." He smiled, rubbing the back of his neck.

I looked at my watch and tucked the loose strand of hair behind my ear, "Ok. What's up?"

"I think I know way more about you than you know me, Sooyeon." He chuckled.

"Babo. We only actually talked today!" I smiled.

"I've been admiring you... from a distance," He covered his face, "I promise you I am not a creep."

"Haha! It's alright oppa. There's really nothing to notice about me though."

After hearing everything he said, there were a hell of a lot of things he noticed about me. He knew what my favorite magazines were, he knew how clumsy I was when I tried to greet everyone who came into the store, he knew that I was annoyed by the flickering light at the end of aisle 3. He knew things that I didn't even know about myself. 

"So.. so, you watched me?" I managed to ask.

"I-I-I know it sounds really stalker-ish, but I won't do it anymore I'll stay as far---"

"Shush! I find it oddly... charming." I laughed.

He stared at me for a few seconds, "Jinjja? Ahhh. Thanks so much. You know, you're different." He flashed one of those gorgeous smiles that you could rarely recieve.

I looked down at the ground, "I have one question though..."

"What is it?"

"That day.. when you came in to the store, you were asking for 'protection.'"

He pinched my cheek and laughed, "Yah! It wasn't for me. It was for my friend."

"I was just asking! No need for pinching my cheek." I rub my cheek and pout.

 

Kyung decided to walk me home since it was dark. The stars were gleaming across the dark sky; it looked amazing today. I started to hum a slow song.

"Have you ever tried singing?" Kyung asked.

"Eh? Aniyo~ I don't think I'd be good enough."

"Nonsense. I think you'd be good enough for a lot of things." He nudged my arm.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? Sicko." I quicken my pace.

"Sooyeon! What the hell?! What are you thinking?! I would never think such things!" He ran up behind me.

I stopped walking and covered my red face. That was embarrassing. At least we arrived at the front of my house so I wouldn't cause any further shame. I didn't decide to face him, so I continued to the gate of my house. That was until I felt his hand lightly grab on to my own.

"Sooyeon-ah. Look at me."

I forced my body to turn an face him, "Look. I really don't want to embarrass myself again, so can I just walk into my house while I still have some dignity?" I chuckled.

"I've watched you fail multiple times. What makes you so embarrassed now? It's cute to me." He smiled.

 

We hung out more and more after that. Soon after, he actually asked me to be his girlfriend.

"Of course I will!" I jumped in to his arms.

Then... he kissed me.

I loved the way he kissed me too. He was my first love.

"I love you, Sooyeon." He caressed me cheek and struck me with another perfect smile.

"I love you too, Oppa." I laughed.

There we were. Standing in front of the place where we first met. The store I worked at. I knew Kyung would always be the one I wanted.