Chapter Five ( You... Again!)

Opening Eyes

 

 

       Chae Won and Sora got off of the black limo that Sora specially ordered for today. Sora proudly walked to the school with her group friends who came to greet her. Lots of girls and guys stared at her while she was passing. Some students glanced at Chae Won in not-so-greeting-way. Chae Won sighed and kept her eyes on the floor while she was trying to fit in the crowd.

 

      Sora in the other hand was followed by groups of girls and boys struck in awe by her beauty. She especially spend a lot of times today for a special reason. Her five-year-long-crush was coming to this school. Of course she wanted to look good. Even with her uniform, she stood out, in a good way. She had her hair done in a princess-hair-for-prom style with cute flower hair pins. She had light pink eye shadow with glossy lip gloss on her lips. The pink blushes on her cheek made her look more like a goddess. Sora wore her favorite diamond necklace that she got from Tiffany’s and she had a golden bracelet on her right wrist. Her black high heels clicked against the ground as she walked proudly.

 

Will I get asked rude questions again? Let’s hope not.

     Chae Won sighed and just kept walking until Seohyun attacked her from behind,

 

“Lee Chae Won! I called you five times and you still didn’t answer me.”      Chae Won brightened,

 

“Oh, sorry! I was just thinking about some things. Let’s go.” thinking Thank god I have Seohyun.

 

        Thanks to Seohyun, Chae Won entered the classroom without worrying and no one glanced at her weirdly. They sat in their seat and started to check their homework.

 

“Hey.... What did you get for number 36 on the calculus homework?”

 

“Wait.... Let’s see, I got A.”

 

“Me too! Now-” Chae Won was interrupted by her homeroom teacher,

 

“Attention class!” Everyone settled down quietly and she continued, “As you know, another transferred student. He lived in America for six years. Introduce yourself please.”  

 

“Annyeong*, my name is Kim Jongin but you can call me Kai. I hope to get along with you.” His mellow soothing voice was nostalgic.

 

Oh.... That’s what the guy that I bumped into... She thought as she doodled on her note.

 

And then, she had another thought.

 

Ahhh, that voice! It is bothering me! Kai- wait... Kai?! KIM JONG IN??? KAI??? Chae Won froze in that thought and slowly turned around to see the new student. Indeed, he was handsome. His symmetrical nose with pale skin, and his brown hair. His looks were perfect. He looked like an angel fallen from the heaven. But that wasn’t why Chae Won was staring at him. His appearance in this room no this school was unbelievable.

     If.... If he is the Kai that I know... My childhood friend who left to America six years ago who had a similar voice and similar face as this guy... Is it really the Kai? So, my step sister has a crush on my childhood friend?

    Chae Won was thinking so hard that she didn’t realize that the transfer student has sat next to her.

 

If he is, no wonder his voice sounded familiar to me! Why didn’t I think of that? So let me get this straight-

 

“Chae Won!” Seohyun whispered from the front and pointed secretly to his direction. Chae Won slightly jumped from her chair.

 

I didn’t realize that he was sitting next to me. He sure can be quite.

 

      Chae Won thought as she glanced at him and her eyes accidentally met his beautiful brown eyes. Normal girls would blush and look away hurriedly but Chae Won wasn’t consider a normal girl (by lots of reasons). Chae Won kept observing him from head to toes thinking

 

He looks like the Kai that I know. He must be. His face is like exactly the same from six years ago but his eyes... The only thing different about his face was that his eyes...  His eyes were cold and kind of sad in a way. Chae Won couldn’t really describe in one word.  

       If he is that Kai, why didn’t he tell me? Did he not recognize me? Did my face changed that much? Why didn’t he tell me????? Is he not the Kai? But it is too coincidental? The guy who looks like and has a similar voice as Kai appeared in front me. He also came from America.

    

      Chae Won sighed and tapped the desk with her pencil. She stared at him hard thinking it will help her think if she stared at him like that. Surprisingly, he stared back with his cold eyes but she didn’t realizing that he was staring back. It looked like they were having a staring contest or something. Seohyun uneasily glanced at them.

 

         Then suddenly, Chae Won remembered a conversation between him in the garden.

 

“W...Well, your voice... It’s familiar. I heard of it before. I am mistaken, right?”

 

“I don’t know. You tell me.” It was clear that he was trying to hold his laughter.

 

“Look, I don’t know. That’s why I am asking you. And you must be thinking I am mental or something but I am not.”

 

“I never said you were.”

 

“Then why are you holding your laughter?”

 

“Honestly, because... Well if I tell you,it’s no fun.” He shrugged.

 

“I don’t quite understand. Wait, I don’t need to understand. You- I mean, wait what is your name?” Chae Won asked.

 

“Ah, that’s no fun either if I tell you my name.” He chuckled.

 

      Like missing pieces of puzzles, she tried to connect her thoughts. And it all made sense to her!

 

Ok, I got this. He is the Kai that I knew from six years ago! The conversation that we had in the garden, the reason why he didn’t tell his name or why his voice was familiar is that... Wait what?? Why didn’t he tell me? Oh god, the only choice I have is to ask him about it.  Chae Won took her eyes off from him and started to doodle again on her math notebook.

 

     Ring ding dong!!

 

    Right after the bell rang, groups of girl from her class, not only her class but the other girls from different classes came into 2-5 and surrounded her desk.

 

“Annyeong! You know-”

 

“Hey, you are really cute.”

 

“Here is my phone number!”

 

“How was life in America?”

 

“Do you like it here?”

  

     Because of these girls, Chae Won couldn’t ask her question. She just sighed and was about to leave the room for a fresh air, the door slide and Sora was standing in the entrance..  Every girl in the room smiled and waved except for Chae Won. Chae Won sat back in her seat because Sora was in front of the entrance. She proudly entered the room with her high heels.

 

“Annyeong*! Kai! We meet here again! I can’t believe you came to our school!” Sora pretended to be surprised and sweetly smiled but her face fell when she saw Chae Won sitting next to him,

 

“Uh, annyeong Chae Won ah. You are his desk partner?”

 

“Uh, Sora unnie. Is this the guy-” Chae Won stopped herself and just looked at her. Sora secretly nodded.

 

“Sora unnie! How do you know Kai?” One of the girls from her classroom asked curiously.

 

“Well, as you know, I came from America a year ago because my father got remarried. When I was in America, Kai went to my school and we became friends. I have known him for like... Five years now! We are pretty close.” Sora replied but bragged at the same time and asked to Kai,

 

“Why did you come back to Korea? I thought you were going to graduate college there and come back.” Sora asked as she put her lip gloss on.

 

“Lots of reasons.” He replied shortly. It was clear that Sora didn’t expect such a short answer but replied anyway,

 

“Well then. Welcome to our school!” All the girls chanted after her,

 

“Welcome to our school!”  Right after that, the bell rang. Sora winked at Kai,

 

“See you!” Then she gave Chae Won a dirty look and walked out of the classroom. Chae Won sighed and opened up her science textbook.

 

She still gives me those looks while I am in school, huh?

 

Then her science teacher opened the door but didn’t come inside,

 

“I got to run an important errand! This period is self-studying ok?”

 

“Nae sunsaengnim.” The class representative replied for the class.

 

“Banjang*, take care of the class for me!”

 

Everyone started to talk after the teacher had left. Chae Won closed the textbook lazily and started to stare out the window.

 

“Ya, Lee Chae Won! You know-” Seohyun started but Chae Won apologized as she saw Kai leaving his seat and walked out of the classroom,

 

“Mianhe, I will talk to you later! Ok?” Then she followed him outside the school. Because he had his headphone on, he didn’t reply back when Chae Won called his name several times in the hallway. And so she ended up on the school roof with him.

 

“YA, KIM JONG IN!!!!!” Chae Won yelled loud as she could and he finally turned around. He took off his headphone and replied,

 

“Wae, Lee Chae Won?”

 

Chae Won froze. She didn’t remember the teacher nor her saying her name. So he must’ve known her name before. Chae Won didn’t know what to say,

 

“You...Again!” He chuckled,

 

“You know, I have a name.” Chae Won smiled,

 

“Kai! You are that Kai from six years ago. Oh my god, I...” She couldn't finish her sentence by her tears of joyfulness.

 

“God, you cry so easily.” He lightly patted her head.

 

“Sh...Shut up. God, I just can’t believe you are here! Why d-did you come h-here anyway?”

 

“Lots of reasons.” He replied like the last time. Chae Won knew he was lying.

 

“Hey, stop lying.” She raised one of her eyebrows.

 

“How did you know?” He smiled.

 

“I’ve been with you for six years when I was younger. Your voice tone, it is slightly different when you are lying.” Chae Won replied as-matter-of-factly.

 

“You have a good memory.”

 

“I know I do.” Chae Won grinned and asked, “What is the real reason?”

 

Kai hesitated and Chae Won said hurriedly, “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want.”

 

“No no, it’s not like that.” Kai shook his head, “My dad got a new job.”

 

“Oh right! Your dad is the president of Samsung now! Wait, wasn’t he a doctor?”

 

“Yeah, you see. My parents died in a car accident and my uncle who doesn’t have a son nor a daughter is taking care of me. And I need to call him my appa.” He looked up at the sky.

 

Chae Won froze Why did I even ask him that? It was stupid of me!

 

“I... I am so sorry to hear that.”

 

“No it’s fine. I got over it so don’t worry about it. Let’s go back to class.”

 

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


 

“Why are you sitting next to Kai?” Sora demanded at the dinner table.

 

“Sora, please calm down. Nothing to be jealous of.” Her mother said.

 

“I am not jealous, it’s just that...” Sora didn’t finish her sentence.

 

“I told billion of times that it was a coincidence. It was the only seat that was available.” Chae Won replied, annoyed but kind of amused at the same time by Sora’s reaction.

 

“Also...” Chae Won started.

 

“Also what?” Sora snapped as she gulped a glass of water.

 

“I realized that I knew him from long time ago.” Chae Won finished. Sora choked,

 

*cough* *cough* “WHAT? What do you mean? You didn’t live in America. It is someone else probably.” Sora shook her head.

 

“Ani*, I just figured out today. No wonder his voice was familiar in the hospital.” Chae Won smiled.

 

“The hospital? What do you mean? You met him?”

 

“Yep, he helped me hide at the night. Also, I bumped into him in the garden. But I had no idea it was Kai.”

 

“He helped you? But I asked him though....” Sora trailed off.

 

“You asked him if he saw a girl with long wavy brown hair but my hair was straight from the rain.”

 

“Whoa, whoa, what do you mean by rain?” Her father asked. They both froze and Sora smiled,

 

“Nothing. It’s just a thing between us. Anyway, keep going.” Sora threw Chae Won a dirty glance.

 

“So yeah. He didn’t lie. At school, he knew my name before i introduced myself. Umma*?” Chae Won asked.

 

“Yes?” Her mother replied as she sliced a piece of steak.

 

“Hey, you know that boy from like six years ago. He was my childhood friend when I was blind. He was Doctor’s son....”

 

“Of course I remember him! How could I not remember? He was such a good friend!” Her mom exclaimed.

 

“Well, that’s him! He is the guy that transferred to our school! He came back from USA!”

 

“Doesn’t that mean he is the guy that Sora likes?” Her father asked.

 

“Nae*.” Sora replied grumpily.

 

“Wow, what a coincidence! Chae Won, you must be happy to see your childhood/old best friend again and Sora, you must be happy to see your crush again.” Her mother said happily.


 

*****************************

Hello Readers~~

 

KAI IS BACK~~~~!!! 

CHAE WON AND KAI FINALLY REUNITED!!! 

Some of you are probably wondering where is like Luhan and D.O, but they are going to appear in the next or the next next chapter!!!!

(There might be some grammars and spelling errors in this chapter)

Thank you so much for reading my story!! 

Please subscribe, vote and comment!!

I hope you enjoy it~~

Thank you again and have a nice day ^^

 

-Yours4ever