Final

Lost and Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sky clouded over, a heavy gray, and the sun shielded itself away from the incoming storm; then the rain began. At first the rain fell in droplets, little ones that danced on the streets, coloring them dark with dampness. Then it fell in torrents, tearing through the air with pressure, bouncing off the roads and making mud. People dared not to come out of the comforts of their home, but rather stayed inside to avoid the cool wetness.

Drip drop, drop drip. Chanyeol looked up at the gray sky from under the eaves of an old building, hazelnut like eyes blinking rapidly when he felt a raindrop entering. Chanyeol growled lowly at the unpleasant and painful sensation. Time to end my hunt and go home, he finally decided. With a gnarl, he leaped into the pouring rain.

The mildly acidic water struck and stuck on Chanyeol’s fur, the wetness temporary disabled his ability to keep himself warm. He wanted to shake the water out, but he didn’t see the point of doing so since it will get wet again. Chanyeol snorted and scrunched up his little nose, indicating his dislike to rainy weathers. He minced his ways to his little home – a little bit groggy, perhaps due to the scent of the rain – hoping to find shield from the heavy rainfall.

He pawed on the no longer busy street, occasionally having to dart away from humans that were also hurrying their way to their cozy houses. Chanyeol was quick enough, from multiple previous practices, to avoid being trampled or having his tail stepped on. The chilliness in the air made the orange tabby cat sneeze, quite like a human sneeze. Chanyeol shuddered, hating the clamminess of his fur, hating the wind, the rain, or maybe the real thing Chanyeol held a grudge against was his kitty life.

Rain continued to fall, it seemed like it was never going to end and made Chanyeol’s usual happy mood extremely melancholic. If humans were to pause for a little, stop their hasty steps and observe, they would find an interesting sight of an orange cat grumbling to himself.

Another twenty cat steps, Chanyeol arrived at his final destination. He sighed in relief, wanting nothing but to stay inside his cozy little cardboard box for the rest of the rainy day. He was met with, however, an unexpected sight.

His little home, made of an empty cardboard box used to hold some inanimate object from a well-known company that Chanyeol couldn’t care less about, was stationed below an ancient resident apartment, where mosses had somehow found their way to climb onto the white concrete walls of the building. But none of these were Chanyeol’s concern; his concern lies where the window of a third floor resident was. There was a little ugly flower pot standing there, a flower pot with no flower, a pot with no design but a pale brown color painted. Another existence with no beauty.

The weight of water and power of the wind must have carried the pot of flower to the edge of the window. It balanced dangerously at the edge, looking as if one drop of rain or the slightest blow from the wind could destroy the balance…

Chanyeol immediately recognized the crisis and leaped towards his little home, despite knowing that even if he does make it the flower pot would smash onto his petite figure instead, severely injuring him judging from the height of the pot. But he didn’t care, he only wanted to protect his home.

His only home.

The sound made from the impact of the mud color pot and his cardboard box forced Chanyeol to register the un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter