Chapter 1

My Turn to Love You

 

apparently, i just finished two of my fics~ so yeap. enjoy the first chappie!! :)
please comment after reading :33
 

 
"OMO! I'M GOING TO BE LATE!!!!!" A tall lady squeaked in panic as she rushed herself in a run. Apparently, only fifteen minutes were left before her plane leaves and as much as she exaggerated, she was still a mile away from the airport. But in fact, with her fast sprint, she could reach the place in no time.
 
A fully-packed backpack was bouncing on her back as she trailed her way through Narita Airport, looking for the schedule of flights. She heaved out an almost relieved sigh as she caught on her breathe.
 
"CHOI SOOYOUNG! YOU'RE REALLY AMAZING!" She jumped in delight as she imagined herself winning the marathon.
 
Suddenly, her phone rang which brought her back to reality. She inhaled heavily and breathed out a huge amount of air before answering the call.
 
"OPPA! I'll be home in a bit! Wait for me, ne?" beamed Sooyoung as she didn't wait for her brother to utter a word.
 
"Did you enjoy it there? Aish. I'm worried of you every single minute!" the man on the other line whined at his sister's ears. Sooyoung sneered as she felt rather touched by her caring brother who apparently was her only family.
 
"Aigoo. Jinjja. It's only been three days!" She croaked in a wide smile before hearing a chuckle on the other line.
 
"I'll pick you up later and cook dinner for you at home." chuckled her brother. Sooyoung's smile reached her ears as soon as she heard of dinner.
 
"OMO! Really? You're cooking for me? I'm so going to ask the pilot to drive faster!" Sooyoung excitedly told her brother.
 
'Flight to Incheon Airport is going to take off in five minutes. All passengers are advised to come aboard..'
 
"Oppa, I gotta go! Annyeong!" Sooyoung hung up as soon as she heard the protocol. Feeling all giddy, she was about to start walking, when suddenly, a huge commotion was about to approach her.
 
Lots of cameras were flashing and a huge mob of girls were screaming. Sooyoung felt rather irritated as she stepped back and wait for the commotion to come off.
 
"Kyu..hyun?" She muttered under her breathe as she read the hangul writing on the posters that every japanese girls were crazily waving.
 
"Cho Kyuhyun is here?" she thought as she tiptoed so as to see a better view of the famous singer. She wasn't much of a fan, but at least she knows him. I mean, who wouldn't? Everyone knows that he's going to be a hallyu star soon. And every asian girl would pass out just to hear his sparkling voice.
 
Cho Kyuhyun was wearing a pair of shades whilestanding in front of a huge mob of fans. Sooyoung only saw a glimpse of his face coz everybody's yanking her away. The famous korean singer was waving his hand to his every side as he smiled the flashes of cameras. Sooyoung sighed as she decided not to join the commotion. And instead, she headed to deposit her HUGE backpack, only taking her journal notebook and a pen from her things.
 
***
 
"Hyung! Are you serious? I, Cho Kyuhyun, is going to sit not on first class?" Kyuhyun grumbled as he glared at the plane before him. The manager sighed as he nodded his head at the annoyed (and at the same time, annoying) idol.
 
"But Siwon hyung! I.. My legs are too long for an economy class!" Kyuhyun whined as he nudged the hem of his manager-slash-brother's suit.
 
"It's only for a few hours. I couldn't book you to the next flight because if you remember, YOU're the one who nagged me to leave this very day. And unfortunately, the first class seats were all taken." His brother said with a final raise of eyebrow. Kyuhyun pondered for a while as he grunted in defeat.
 
"If only not for Seohyun.. Aigoo." He whispered to himself as he saw his brother throwing him a triumphant grin. Kyuhyun snouted as he wiggled his eyebrows.
 
"Yah, what are you smiling at? Don't you forget that your legs are longer than mine." Kyuhyun told his brother but only earned a chuckle in return.
 
"I'm not going home yet." Kyuhyun widened his eyes at the sudden words of his brother.
 
"YAH! YOU'RE MAKING ME GO ALONE?! ME? CHO KYUHYUN? WOW!" Kyuhyun yelled in disbelief. Siwon sighed as he took his brother's hand and firmly put the plane ticket on his palm.
 
"Wear a good disguise. I already called Taec. He'll be waiting for you in Incheon." said Siwon before giving Kyuhyun a quick wink. Kyuhyun groaned as he reluctantly wore his shades and put on a cozy cap. He just sighed out as he his heels and started walking away, leaving his manager hyung behind without a single goodbye.
 
***
 
"Excuse me, but why aren't we leaving yet?" Sooyoung asked the flight attendant. Supposedly, the plane should be flying by now. Fifteen minutes had already passed and yet they're still in Japan.
 
"There's still one passenger, ma'am. Our apologies for the delay but he would probably be here at any moment." The lady smiled before bowing and leaving Sooyoung plopped deeply on her seat.
 
"Aish. So unfair. I ran my lung out just to get to this plane on time and then here's this someone who's late and making us all wait." She inwardly grunted but nonetheless, cleared her mind off from being annoyed. She looked through the window and observed the relaxing scenery, instead. Her seat was the one beside the window and she personally picked the seat. Apparently, after her three-days stay in Japan, she just felt the feeling of tiredness that time and couldn't help but to flutter her eyes close every now and then. Truly, she enjoyed exploring the country and swore to herself that the next time she comes back, she would definitely bring her brother with her.
 
"Yonghwa Oppa must be waiting at Incheon by now," She thought as she turned her sight to her wristwatch.
 
 "Please fasten your seatbelts. The plane is preparing to take off. Thank you."
 
"FINALLY!" Sooyoung chirped as she settled herself comfortably with her seatbelt on. Her sight was steadied on the scenery through the fiber glass window when suddenly, someone towered over her.
 
Sooyoung looked up to her other side as she noticed a shadow approaching her figure. And it was too late when she realised that there's a man standing right in front of her seat and was as still as a tree.
 
"Yah. Aren't you going to take that away?" Kyuhyun cleared his throat as he eyed her through his dark sunglasses. Sooyoung was kind of left behind. She was wondering why does that guy wore a completely covered fit. His sparkling grey scarf was wrapped around his neck which covered half of his face at the same time. Those pair of shades hid his eyes as well. And that dark get-up was enough to make anyone get that creepy feeling she was experiencing at that moment. But somehow, she thought she had seen him somewhere.
 
Kyuhyun was rather impatient as he thought that the girl in front of him figured out his identity. He inwardly cursed himself for wearing such a lame disguise which earned him that weird stare from that girl.
 
"Please take your seat now, Sir. The plane will be taking off." The flight attendant advised and he just answered with a nod. Sooyoung was still unaware and just threw the guy a suspicious look.
 
"I hope he doesn't have explosives inside those leather suit!" She inwardly prayed before shifting off her sight from the guy.
 
"Oh God! Why does he have to be the one sitting beside me?!" She thought in terror as she looked at him on the corner of her eyes.
 
Kyuhyun was already settled on his seat and was uncomfortably moving his long legs every now and then. On his hold was a notebook and a pen which he supposed belongs to the girl who's sitting beside him. The thing was formerly on his seat and because the girl didn't put it away when he asked her a while ago, he just took the initiative to take it off. He flipped the pages and figured that the notebook was a simple journal note. Lots of sketches, photographs, and notes were found inside it and he was that of sure now that the journal notebook belongs to that girl beside her.
 
"Choi Soo Young." He mumbled as he read the first page. Kyuhyun snickered as he tilted his head to look at his seatmate who was apparently sleeping on her headrest. The plane was now mid-air and probably, after more than half an hour, they would finally reach Korea.
 
Sooyoung was dozing off as she was tired after her half a week non-stop travelling in Japan. She didn't mind the terrorist-looking guy beside her as a loud pop-rock song was banging from the headphones she was wearing. She enjoyed listening to those kind of songs. Especially those unreleased tracks from her brother's upcoming band.
 
"She's prettier in photos." Kyuhyun agreed as he glanced at the sleeping Sooyoung and the pictures plastered on her journal pages.
 
Kyuhyun was rather amused as he kept on pursing in his laughter at every pages of the notebook. One photo had Sooyoung's mouth stuffed with sushi rolls and the other picture with a gigantic french bread. It was a good thing that Sooyoung had her headphones on. Else, she would probably hear all the mocking laughs of her seatmate.
 
"HAHAHAHAH! omo. I'm so going to keep this." He grinned as he slowly closed the notebook and safely put it inside his handbag.
 
***
 
"APA.." Sooyoung winced as her head bumped roughly against the hard window. Kyuhyun noticed that she's no longer asleep and glanced at her through his sunglasses.
 
Sooyoung rubbed her head before yawning rather loudly and turned sideways only to find her terrorist-looking seatmate grinning back at her.
 
"Morning!" Kyuhyun greeted her but nonetheless, Sooyoung froze with opened agape.
 
"Oh no. He's still here." She thought before instantly turning her back to him and stared back to face the blank window wishing for the plane to go to its fullest speed. She wasn't sure why was she feeling that weird creeps. On the corner of her eyes, she peered curiously at the guy and figured that this time, he was the one sleeping.
 
Sooyoung straightened her sitting posture before removing her headphones as she just hang it freely on her neck. Turning to her seatmate, she noticed his fair, blemished free face and noted how handsome he might be without that scarf and dark shades.
 
"Pabo. How could you think that he's a terrorist?" Sooyoung's inner self yanked her head. Shaking her head, she unknowingly inched closer and closer as she peered in to take a peek of his pretty face. He has a high nose as his cheek was burning a rosy shade.
 
Kyuhyun wasn't asleep.
Really, he wasn't. He was just closing his eyes io rest but upon noticing a shadow towering over his face, he carefully opened his eyes behind those dark sunglasses. He tried hard to remain calm as he felt the girl closing the gap between them, apparently observing his sleeping face. Seeing her that close, he was anxious. Her big, dark-brown orbs was cutely staring on his every feature.
 
"Here's another fangirl kiss coming." Kyuhyun sighed as she stared back at Sooyoung's cuddly face. Her hair was short as her side bangs hid her forehead. Kyuhyun never thought that she's this pretty up close. But the image of Sooyoung with filled with french bread was priceless. Kyuhyun let out a cackling laugh, making Sooyoung moved back to her seat in an instant.
 
Her chest was thumping real hard as she immediately put on her headphones and turned the volume to maximum. On the other hand, Kyuhyun was still laughing at the photo which was apparently stucked in his mind. He took a glance at Sooyoung who was not minding him at all.
 
"Choi Sooyoung-sshi. That's interesting." He inwardly muttered as he settled back comfortably on his seat.
 
***
 
"Was your trip fun?" Yonghwa asked her sister as he served her a bowl of kimchi ramen. Sooyoung was too hyped up as she smelled the dish first before digging in.
 
"Itadakimasu!" She chirped. Her brother sneered at the sight of her as he sat across her. It had always been Sooyoung who wouldn't mind anything as long as she's eating. And by that, he supposed that after she finishes, she would definitely talk non-stop about her travelling.
 
"Oppa, aren't you eating?" Sooyoung peered as she just noticed that her brother wasn't eating at all. Yonghwa shook his head before poking his sister's cheek.
 
"Ani. I already ate." He assured her. Sooyoung gulped in huge amount of cold water as she declared her dinner done.
 
"That was delicious." said Sooyoung as she grinned at her brother. "I'm going to unpack my things first."
 
Sooyoung dashed upstairs with her huge backpack and left Yonghwa alone in the kitchen. Sighing, Yonghwa felt relieved that nothing bad happened to his sister in Japan. She had always loved travelling and for the record, she had already gone to Singapore, China, Thailand, Philippines, and Japan in the most recent. And apparently, the girl was planning to go to Europe a few months from now. Hence, her brother was always worried of her. He couldn't not allow her though because he knew that that's one thing that make Sooyoung happy. True enough, he promised his dead father (Sooyoung's step-father) that he will take care of his step-sister and nothing bad will happen to her.
 
"Aish. You're spoiling her too much, Yonghwa.." His inner self told him but nonetheless, he just shrugged it off. "Whatever. As long as she's happy."
 
 
"AHHHHHHHHHH!!"
 
A loud scream woke Yonghwa off his pondering. It surely was Sooyoung. Yonghwa immediately made way upstairs as he headed to her room and slammed the door open.
 
"What's wrong?" He curiously asked as soon as he approached his sister. Sooyoung was sitting on the edge of her bed with all her things scattered on the floor. was on a pout as her eyes were looking so troubled.
 
"Oppa.. My journal notebook is missing."
 
***
 
"Happy birthday Seohyun.." Kyuhyun gave out his best smile as he looked at his reflection on the nearby mirror of the restaurant's comfort room. Apparently, it was this night that he was going to confess to her. Seo Joohyun. The only girl his heart beats for. And heck, he's nervous.
 
"Calm down, Cho Kyuhyun. You'll do well." He inwardly heaved as he kept his mind positive. Seohyun was his childhood crush. And ever since high school, he discovered that he's in love with her. But he was too afraid to tell her his true feelings. But now that he's one of Korea's rising idol, he was a bit confident that he wouldn't be rejected. After all, he and Seohyun had been bestfriends since they were little tods. And as far as he knew, Seohyun had never been in a relationship ever. She was just too innocent. She's beautiful. She's kindhearted. She's talented. You get the point, Kyuhyun loves her.
 
"Fighting!" Kyuhyun raised his imaginary fist in the air as he carried on walking out of the comfort room and headed to the restaurant's garden, where a delightful dinner was romantically arranged for the night.
 
***
 
"Kyunnie!!" A beaming girl wearing a fluffy, white dress called. Her cheeks were blooming as her eyes glistened upon noticing her bestfriend.
 
Kyuhyun was left statued on his place. There, he stood as he scanned the girl from head to toe.
 
"Seohyun-ah.. You look amazing." He muttered as soon as Seohyun plopped comfortably to her seat. She blushed shyly as she swished her hair off behind her ears.
 
"Pssh. I'm not used to this kind of clothes. Tiffany unni played dress-up on me." She reasoned out, making Kyuhyun returned her an even more dashing smile.
 
"YAH. Stop giving me that look." She nagged Kyuhyun before lowering her head instead.
 
"Happy birthday.." Kyuhyun softly greeted as his eyes didn't move off her. Seohyun was a bit startled at the tone of his voice. It was unusual. It was in full sincerity. And yet she didn't know how to react.
 
"K..Komawo." Seohyun managed to thank as she tried to avert her gaze off that captivating stare.
 
Shortly after Kyuhyun greeted her, a petite-sized cake was served and Seohyun could just knit her eyebrows at it.
 
"Believe me, that's strawberry." Kyuhyun said as if reading her mind. But Seohyun just stared at the green cake and tilted her head to the side. "Are you sure?"
 
Kyuhyun nodded before sticking a finger on the creamy icing of the cake. Seohyun was still amused at the greenish cake which apparently was her favorite color. She was about to grab a fork and take a taste of the weirdly colored cake when suddenly, Kyuhyun leaned closer across as he abruptly lined his fingerful icing on the tip of the girl's nose.
 
"YAH!" Seohyun glared at him but Kyuhyun just laughed. "You're so cute."
 
"I know, I know. When will you ever stop saying that?" Seohyun stucked her tongue out at him. "Like I care."
 
Kyuhyun just chuckled on his own. True, Seohyun never cared about her appearance. Her hair had always been pulled up in a messy, tight bun and never did she wear a dress on a usual day. But nevertheless, Kyuhyun always sees her beauty. He loves just the way she are.
 
"When can I visit your studio again?" Kyuhyun peered as they began eating dinner. Apparently, she was a frustrated photographer and Kyuhyun always claims that he's her number one fan, which Seohyun have no say since he's really the most supportive bestfriend anyone could think of. Her pictures were always nature. She just loved the imagery of the beautiful surroundings. If there's one thing that Seohyun always have wherever she goes, it's her camera. And just so you know, her favorite was a gift from Kyuhyun last Christmas. Seohyun didn't even think twice as she pouted before speaking, "You can go whenever you want."
 
"Jeongmal?" Kyuhyun beamed. Seohyun nodded as she munched a mouthful of steak.
 
"As long as you give me free copy of your newest album." She winked, making Kyuhyun cheer in agreement. "Arasseo."
 
Kyuhyun almost forgot about his true mission as he got carried away on chatting with the lovely lady. She laughed at his jokes and occassionaly yanked his head at his lameness. It was fun and all. Not until when Seohyun opened a certain topic which made Kyuhyun sadden a bit.
 
"How long will you be there?" He asked. Seohyun shrugged and gave him an uncertain look. "I'm not yet sure. Maybe, two to three months? France is a beautiful country. I want to explore it and take my time there." She chirply said as she already imagined the beautiful pictures she would produce while she's there. It was her first time going out of the country alone and she was really excited about it.
 
"W..When are you going to.. leave?" Kyuhyun stammered as his voice was stern. He couldn't believe what she just said. Three months was too long. Not seeing her for a week nearly killed him. What more if it's three months?
 
"Hmmn. Next week. Tiffany unni already booked me a ticket." Seohyun muttered excitedly but frowned upon noticing her bestfriend's plum aura. She gazed at him in concern before asking, "Are you alright?"
 
"I'm fine." Kyuhyun sighed as he said the exact opposite of what he was really feeling. He knew he wasn't fine.